Back-up power for us euro-poors for this winter and during the seemingly inevitable blackouts...

Back-up power for us euro-poors for this winter and during the seemingly inevitable blackouts. Apartment/small house friendly. Ideas?
Pic rel is ecoflow power station, a home battery can charge your devices or even run your fridge/freezer during a blackout. Anyone got one of these?

Attached: Screenshot_2022-08-30_18-03-25.png (774x589, 438.88K)

Other urls found in this thread:

msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/rf-buying-guides/best-battery-powered-inverters-reviews
youtube.com/watch?v=bdygnTrrGVI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I salvaged several 800 watt UPS from the bins which had dead battery. Opened up and connected to 100ah caravan battery. Now I can run PC for hours

why would you need to use a refrigerator in winter?

Just an example. But most people continue to use them during winter even though they could theoretically store food that needs to be chilled outside or on a balcony or something. Birds or vermin could get at it.
The battery can power lights or what ever too - sockets and usb etc. Charges from the wall socket in an hour.

I'd like to do something like this but I'm retarded.

NEVER put your eggs in one basket. Awful idea for an actual emergency. It's better to have multiple sets of picrel. That way even if an inverter or battery fails it won't mean you're SoL. Additionally tool batteries can be charged quickly in a car (with 12v car charger) so even if you fuck up and forget to charge batteries you won't have to suffer.

Attached: e9bdfce8427c48a2a742799b1d54d594.jpg (900x675, 119.06K)

Not euro but I want something like this but for AC. I'm in a hurricane zone. Shit would be fuckhueg though

freeze to death to own putler

I do this regularly in the winters.
Cold box, ventilated, white color preferably, shields it from sunlight and the heat it imparts.
Great way to store veg and fruit especially, the cold air keeps it fresh compared to shitty fridges with no ventilation or even fans to cycle the air.
Also this. These things are incredibly handy.
Keep a bunch of them around in addition to UPSes.
If you can, get a cheap camp generator that can run on fuel, just in case shit REALLY hits the fan.
Anything else you can spare, extra fuel, solar if applicable, wind if applicable.

Does it make sense to buy an electric space heater? I'm on the gas jew, and I'm not convinced it will be cheaper than electric heating during the winter.

we've been considering infrared wall/ceiling heating panels / IR heaters like picrel as replacement for gas since our boiler is on the way out.

Attached: 1dbcc6e3e5caa18f2c7193322a00bd12.jpg (1000x1000, 39.64K)

For emergencies it's a horrible idea since they consume thousands of watts of power. Only cheap way to power them is through an electric gas generator which is dangerous. If you don't want to risk dying of CO2 poisoning, the safest and most sustainable source of emergency electric heat is table lamps using incandescent bulbs. Incandescent bulbs convert 90+% of all incoming electricity directly into heat. They can be powered by Biggest downside is each lamp is typically limited to 65W bulbs max and anything more than a couple of these lamps is intolerable for most people even with a sleeping mask at night. So you're not going to be comfortably warm but you're not going to be dead from sub-zero outdoor temps either. Best you can do in this case is insulate your room as much as possible (ie 100% blackout shades taped to window, weather-stripping entry door) and remain as close to the lamps in winter clothing.

Attached: kryssmast-table-lamp-with-led-bulb-nickel-plated__0789157_pe763849_s5.jpg (1400x1400, 150.96K)

Electric heat blankets are the second safest emergency heat source but may not be able to power them at least on high settings. Not intended to be used for sleeping so use at your own risk for that.

Attached: electric-blanket-on-woman.jpg (787x499, 97.35K)

are all these things brand specific? Found this page comparing types, but I already have aldi ferrex batteries, i'm wondering can I just get an inverter for them.

msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/rf-buying-guides/best-battery-powered-inverters-reviews

No. As long as the reviews show that the inverter is capable of continuously providing 100 watts of power for at least half an hour then it's a very good source of emergency AC power since things like small mini fridges use less than that. Ah of the battery will determine runtime so take that into account as well. 2Ah 18V batteries aren't going to be very useful in an emergency.

Can't help but grin like an idiot at europoors self inflicted situation

Attached: 1630932583550.jpg (4320x3240, 1.65M)

Thanks

>self inflicted
>youtube.com/watch?v=bdygnTrrGVI

It's literally two wires,you could also add a cheap solar charge controller and solar panel for emergencies

I'd need a complete idiot's guide type video for things like that. I had to google what a UPS is. took me a while to get past United Parcel

uninterruptible power supply

If you want to see the daily power consumption of your mini fridge look at the energy star sticker and divide the kWh by 365. A lot of the newer mini fridges are becoming so efficient that they don't even consume 1kWh per day. Pic rel only consumes 600Wh per day.

Attached: LRONC0605V.jpg (800x800, 155.21K)