Don't use KDE Plasma

I did and now every other DE feels like inferior garbage. Worst mistake of my life.

Attached: plasma-logo-colorful-3000x3000.png (3000x3000, 71.87K)

Don't worry I won't, it always shat the bed for me

I did twice and it felt like unresponsive garbage.

kwin is snappier for me than windows 10

Doesn't work on my system.

After using a tiling wm, every de seems like bloated shit

That's a very low bar to clear.

ok, but I don't use Windows 10 either

Tiling wms are trash, use a minimal stacking wm if you hate bloat.

Every compositor i tried apart from mutter and the xfeces one are a lot snappier than windows.

I like it.
Just replaced xfce with it.

For me it's i3
t. i3CHAD

dwm.exe is the one redeeming quality of windows

I don't want stacking, but every tiling wm also supports stacking if you wish

user if your favorite DE is the one blatantly attempting to clone Windows's userland functionality, why don't you just use Windows when the NT kernel is also better than the linux kernel in most configurations?

is there an auto-tilling feature for KDE, like you get in pop/gnome.?

None of them do it right, have fun having to press Super to drag windows and not being able to minimize windows.

Each version of Windows gets more and more built-in telemetry and spyware while old versions with less become deprecated and unsupported. I'm tired of it, Billy. I promised Windows 7 would be the last version I used and that's a promise I'm keeping.

I don't drag or minimize windows, that's sort of the point of a tiling wm. If you don't need something you close it. Admittedly it works far better when you have plenty of screen space.

*krashes*

So tiling wms are inadequate for the workflow that I and many other people prefer. Case in point.

Sometimes plasma fucking hangs in the middle of nowhere when I close some window, hate it
KolorD sucks Dick and breaks when night light is enabled, KDE what the fuck is this even gahnome has this shit working fine
Virtual desktop management is still inferior compared to gahnome
otherwise it's pretty great, but I can't say it's THAT much better than gnome desu, and I'm starting to think about moving to le tearing mouse

Maybe if they ever fix their shitty fucking compositor that keeps shitting the bed with nvidia... I've seen the same types of issues on a variety of devices over the span of over a decade now. It used to be that there was the workaround of switching to the xrender backend for their compositor, but the retards over at KDE decided to remove that option. This is the only DE I've ever used where I have to manually restart the compositor on a regular basis to have a usable desktop.

Maybe it is. But generally speaking use of the mouse is a way worse obstruction to workflow than not being able to minimize windows.

Unironically how do you get into all this linux minutiae. I use ubuntu for work, because the terminal just werks and I understand it better than windows. Am I missing out by not caring about all the desktop environments, sound servers and other shit?