Deck Thread

I was told by an user that this board would be a better fit to talk about the Steam Deck from Valve Corporation. Please discuss it here, with tips, tricks, and fun stories of gaming on your deck.

Attached: file.png (1200x800, 600.69K)

Other urls found in this thread:

boards.4channel.org/v
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I bought one and haven't used it once (outside of switching it on and installing whatever updates were available) if that counts.

I have a M.2 SSD and external USB-C enclosure for it. Do you know of any really short USB cables that would basically be:
+--Deck
|
+--enclosure
But with the | really really short, everything like 1cm total height, since the enclosure would be sticked with two side tape to Deck?

How come none of the Arkham Series work on this properly? They're not exactly new..

Arkham Asylum - great until the end, where the FMV fucks up and the final boss stands still. Can't finish the game. Audio fucks up if you use sleep mode.
Arkham City- Won't play fullscreen without tinkering. Crashes every 30 mins to an hour. Audio fucks in sleep mode.
Arkham Origins - Audio fucks up if you use sleep mode. Crashes every hour.
Arkham Knight - Crashes every 30-45 mins. Audio fucked in sleep mode.

The deck is a massive letdown so far to be honest

copy paste shit games anyway, you're not missing out on much

>was told by an user that this board would be a better fit to talk about the Steam Deck from Valve Corporation
that user was 100% wrong. go the fuck back.
go back
boards.4channel.org/v

you go back fag

You'd either have to cut one down yourself, or perhaps use a usb-c to usb-c adapter to connect the two. That might work, if it's going to be static.

I’m testing the latest Fedora rawhide with Plasma:
## Steam Deck controller is not properly detected, meaning games relying on the controller can’t play
## The built-in onscreen keyboard works nicely and feels less fiddly than Steam’s. It’s currently not working with Libreoffice however
## The desktop defaults to a rotated display, this can however be changed
## Brightness settings work fine
## Audio settings need fiddling with to get into a working state
## There aren’t many ways to customise the mouse controls, limited to the right trackpad and L2/R2 to click/right click

it's been sealed in the box for 2 months, still debating selling it or just use it

Okay, serious question. I have been trying for a while to find a decent way to get the performance settings (the ones in SteamUI where you can switch TDP and GPU settings on the fly) working for desktop mode?

I have tried powertools through deckyUI or whatever it's called, but it doesn't seem to do the same thing, and I am wary of parking cores, especially while docked. Is there any way to do that without running the desktop through gaming mode with a script?

newfag

Well then you're going to have to go into that Any Forums thread and tell that other user that he's a fool for sending me here instead.

just did.

Thanks for clearing that up, user.

the jannies aren't going to suck you off

>perhaps use a usb-c to usb-c adapter to connect the two.
That sounds jank but clever, and it could work. Would have to get a good pair of 90 degree adapters though, I have one which is fine for powering a Pi4 but caused some disconnects with USB-C dock.

Honestly, it IS jank, but if you get a couple of them it should work, and you can just tape them together.

The only thing the deck is missing for me, is some way to play local wireless multiplayer.

I really enjoy mine.

Attached: 20220830_034755.jpg (3590x2656, 1.24M)

The Yakuza series is super fun.

Fucking Any Forums... Fix your servers you have a virus!

Attached: 20220830_034928.jpg (4000x3000, 3.21M)

Install Windows.

What the fuck does windows have to do with it?

Everything. If you want a feature that Linux doesn't have that Windows does, install windows on it.

How do you play, um, unlimited free trial versions of games on it? Since it's proprietary Steam software and all.
I thought about dualbooting into SD card which has second SteamOS that doesn't have internet connection past initial setup, as I don't want my account to get flagged for piracy. I do this on my PC currently. I know gaymers don't care and run Steam emulators next to real Steam on their Windows PCs, but I prefer to play it safe.
>Linux doesn't have network connectivity
wut

How will installing windows give your steam deck extra hardware to allow it to connect directly to other steam decks without having to connect through a router?

There's a bug that if you use a 128gb sd card and you fill it with games, the games will stop launching. So like get a 512gb sd card. It doesn't matter if it's the 64gb or 512gb model. If the sd card has less than 16gb left, it'll stop working. This is a Linux bug. Windows is fine though.

Bluetooth, duh. Boy you really are dim. Also how the fuck do you have 2 steam decks and can't afford a basic router?

You do realize that steam deck is a portable console? That there are places in the world where you don't have access to the internet?

Use it and think if you want to sell it user, it should be obvious by now

Go on aliexpress and search for like 5cm usb c cable

It's too late to sell it. Valve ramped up production. It's going to be as common as the Wii and switch.
Windows has the Xbox app that lets you connect via Bluetooth for connected local gameplay for games that support it. Also emulators exist that support this function as well.

I can't wait to get a real dock.

Attached: 20220830_035434.jpg (4000x3000, 1.9M)

>compatdata and shadercaches are a bug
kek

>underpowered laptop without keyboard and only 1h of battery life
why does people buy this thing again?