I don't get it, why is my location relevant?

I don't get it, why is my location relevant?

Attached: location.png (1908x1077, 1.44M)

Automatic time sync.

/thread

To send to FBI.

For a personalized enhanced experience with the product and product ecosystem and for helping the product owner understand the product consumer base to enhance and personalize your personalized enhanced experience with the product. Please consume.

touche, mr FBI man... touche....

but cant i just set that myself?

Yes.

you can. use debootstrap to install a base system into a folder, chroot and then it's like arch. you just need to install the kernel too. i recommend also changing the grub piece of shit bootloader

To set a timezone. Easier for normies to just name their city than their time zone.

But you can set your TZ to anywhere you want

its so they know what time to set the clock to

wasn't ubuntu le bad

Just select the proper timezone on a different country

Marketers are unironically like this.

notice how random locations within those slices are acceptable, but not any old city, you are selecting a location for time syncing, selected cities have zone files as well as things like CST, IST etc

winjews has done this since 95 in a nearly indentical manner
hell, it outright asked you to pick your country from a list along with that
was pretty funny picking "Yugoslavia" when installing it in 86box earlier this year

you have never done anything important enough to warrant anyone to actively spy on you. muh privacy is a mental disease of unchecked hedonism.

tiny gnome in your computer

Time, don't worry about cities just randomly plot it inside the timezone

If you're a kid there's big odds your parents are spying on you. I remember reading some random discord conversation about parents getting mad at some kid for installing linux, because it invalidates their spyware. That's the thing, it might not be agent Glower but it might be your mom, or your neighbor, or aunt Bertha.

so let me set a timezone instead you mongoloid

That's what it's doing, retard.