I'm depressed and anxious AMA. also depression thread. Let's help each other bros

I'm depressed and anxious AMA. also depression thread. Let's help each other bros.

Attached: depression.png (541x421, 398.07K)

Have you thought about going on meds?

This is kind of a philosophical question
How much of depression is the responsibility of the depressed person, how much is the result of a reasonable reaction to stressful or painful life events, and how much is it the responsibility of us all to support those with depression?

Oh boy have I ever. I've tried

Effexor 225mg
Trintellix 20mg (i think)
Bupoprion 150mg
Zoloft 75mg

Seroquel for sleep 25mg
Clonazepam between .25mg and 2mg. Tbh Clonazepam was quite helpful but it's hard to get a steady prescription at a high dose.

Right now I'm on 50mg zoloft, a bit of Clonazepam, and they just started me on Buspar.

I think the med route will eventually work for me but there's more going on I think

I think I have physical issues. Due to anxiety it's hard to trust my thoughts but some of the foggy periods I go through make me think it's anything from MS to derealizarion. I just can't fucking think sometimes.

Like right now I find it so hard to think and speak quickly. I don't feel I can make jokes anymore. I'm not quick witted anymore. Just slow with a few word answers. That's one of the most frustrating things. The slowness.

I think it's a mix of things. I had a fucked up childhood. Some of my first memories were of my parents fighting.

They fought pretty much daily. I stress ate and got pretty fat as a result. I also likely have adhd which they didn't notice. In fact they didn't really notice a lot of my needs as they were too detached or stressed out

I did have good days and good times. I grew up middle class and had game consoles computers a dog and friends etc but deep down I was pretty prone to depression I think. Primed for it.

It runs in my family as well. It isn't just a one off. My great grandma killed herself, my grandma had depression, my grandpa had it, my uncle, my mom and now me.

It just fuckin sucks. I don't wanna be like this.

As far as what we should do for the depressed, I'd say everything we can

Depression and anxiety are 110% real and really fuck people up. It isn't a bit of sadness or panic, it's a full blown state of being sick to the point you can't really function.

We should treat it like we do other illnesses like diabetes or broken bones. Luckily we kind of are now at least.

We don't understand the brain as much as we do a kidney or the liver but one day we will and we'll find out a lot of shit I think.

Try counting your blessings, It's very difficult for gratitude and depression to co-exist in your head simultaneously.

>Like right now I find it so hard to think and speak quickly. I don't feel I can make jokes anymore. I'm not quick witted anymore. Just slow with a few word answers. That's one of the most frustrating things. The slowness.
That's the benzos, fren

Dude I have so many blessings. I have a good 100k/year job which I'm on disability from. I have a 2 bedroom condo, a dog, 4 game consoles, a new PC.

We had the best summer possible where I live. Perfect weather. I have food, a nice bed, nice comfy shoes.
Despite it all I feel so sick. I'm not even faking it or playing it up. I've taken up biking 20km/day which is a lot cuz I'm fat. I got plenty of sun, I supplement vitamin d and a lot of other shit.

I just can't snap out of this.

I don't disagree. Trust me I don't really LIKE them. I don't wanna develop an addiction and I don't abuse other drugs. I don't drink and I don't smoke weed etc...

I find the zoloft quite numbing as well. I tried to go down to 25mg and then 0 but the jump was too hard on my system.

Attached: 564a248a1fd8ab654889ecf505923f4cf4c03fb59d987cec2520ac32e461db5b(1).jpg (478x319, 32.98K)

I think I may be similar, though my parents were in a good relationship. My mom's family has a history of being neurotic and anxious, and alcoholism runs in my dad's family. I limit my drinking because of that. Used to have weight issues too in my early 20s but lost a lot of it by 2021

I'm in a rough place right now and can't really bring myself to focus on anything and it's impacting my ability to study at all

Good job on the weight loss. Also alcohol isn't worth it in the long run. It's Good you can limit it but cutting it out altogether isn't a bad idea either. Not preaching or anything just saying it's possible to live without it. I haven't drank since 2016 I think. I rarely drank anyway.

Just make sure to take care of yourself always friend.

Did you see a doc? If you're in college they should have services. Also check out healthygamergg on YouTube. He has good advice especially for those in school.

Attached: 1659497464085038.jpg (1080x614, 87.61K)

>healthygamergg
I'll check him out
>Did you see a doc?
a few times but it's always the same and I can't really open up

I went through a depressive episode due to bad lucky pretty much. I dropped out of school and spent a year NEETing, I got help and eventually got back on track and am mostly happy now.

What, if anything do you think is missing from your life or that is in your life that is causing the depression. Is it truly that it's a mostly genetic condition with no cure? this is something I hear a lot but through my own personal experience I can't wrap my head around despite the amount of times I've been told it.

Attached: FZBK0jfUcAAynSr.jpg (1124x784, 49.04K)

Yeah its hard to articulate it sometimes. I find writing down how you're feeling when it's happening helps so you have it ready for the doctor.

It's also really easy to downplay things and you don't wanna do that. Just be open and honest docs have heard it all.

Attached: 1659497860906461.jpg (360x360, 21.49K)

Why are you people depressed?
Because of you're own lives or because of how the world is?

Mental illness is on a spectrum really. Like people get depressed and come out of it without meds. Some need meds and therapy etc. Some need meds and therapy and shit just requires constant maintenance.

Some people are entirely treatment resistant. Not sure why that is but I'd suspect there are physical factors too like head injury etc.

As far as for what's missing in my life. I've been single a long time, I've convinced myself I'll always be alone, I'm overweight but food is really therapeutic for me. I've lost touch with a lot of friends. I'm just very isolated but I'm also somewhat comfortable with the isolation.

Attached: 1659482168444587.png (334x500, 100.48K)

OP here. I honestly don't really give a shit about the world. My issues started In the 90s but didn't go full blown terrible until my late teens in like 2003. Since then I've had 3 major depressive episodes and have always had anxiety.

Like the state of the world isn't really that important to me when I can't get my own head straight. I'm sure some people are different.

my dosage:

600mg Bupoprion per day
20mg Fluoxetine occasionally

works great and I am actually not depressed at all

Attached: 1659804702462082.jpg (640x480, 22.08K)

That's a fuckton of bupoprion. I found jumping from 150 to 300 to be too much. You don't feel super wired all the time?

no I am a 85kg guy,

Feeling great.