I'm being sued for my student loans. I don't have any assets or wages or money. What else can they do...

I'm being sued for my student loans. I don't have any assets or wages or money. What else can they do? (Private loans not federal) can they take my license or lock me up?

Attached: 20201028_133159.jpg (576x817, 146.39K)

i assume if you can't pay the debt you would be locked up for a few years

Not just lock you up, but make you work in prison at a shit wage.

Attached: dead-giraf.1188897928307.jpg (904x768, 94.5K)

You guys are liars

Attached: Screenshot_20220807-103827_Chrome.jpg (1080x2400, 684.2K)

You believe clickbait.blog over the remains of the hive mind. Don't drop the soap.

Attached: giraffe.1384064525465.gif (640x360, 1.88M)

No such thing as debtors prison anymore. What they'll do is get a judgment against you and garnishee your pay until the debt is paid. You should try to work out a pay schedule, because student debt never goes away. There is no statute of limitations, and it can't be discharged in bankruptcy.

The only debt you can be arrested for is child support and IRS.

>I don't have any assets or wages or money.
English or Film degree?

Hey, film students do ok as streamers these days. The difference in production values alone.

How much?

Don't have any wages to garnish.

>rip giraffe
Wrong place, wrong time.

Air maintenance. I finished the school but never passed my licensing exam. It's like an 800$ test and as I said I am poor so I just never did it.

Its a private loan for 5000

That's so little. McDonalds pays $17/hr now you know.

No I don't want to make any more money. Especially if it's just to pay some judgment.

I'm basically agoraphobic. I sleep in a friend's basement and never leave unless it's for food or something

How do you maintain air?

Attached: 1659567166476.png (1640x1500, 156.86K)

Jets and helicopters

Wow what a moron. Why did you take a loan you couldn't pay ?

I was 22 and stupid. It was like a decade ago and my life has been pretty trash since. So I plan to just sleep and watch anime until my body gives out.

Private loans are based on two to ten things. You should appear in court & see what kind of trial they present to you before you take any further actions, because I should denote, if you have a reason to believe you will be attending court, generally you are already being discussed among the rounds for "well who's going to represent [them]". It's not a lawyer's job to seek out clients, clientele, or let's just say, comingle with such folk; it's actually quite loyal to not even dine with the very people of whom you are in require of which to defend. I no longer feel of the merit to defend another, in that I do not have a direct linear lineage of recent study of the law, or modern rebuttals; of which I must ! ! ! ! decree ! ! ! ! are required of law; to be law; without fair trial; there will be redundancy. So A; A; Aaaaaaaaa; please allow me subforth to have said: I am not going to be able to give you any such answer other than "I hope you the best in your student loan defense. That Honestly; from my perspective, seems like they're bankrupt, or worse: depend on this for funds. I am not your lawyer; I am not trying to make a case for counter-sue; I am saying--- Even if it weren't true--- being that they're making you feel small for your wealth: CONSIDER IF YOU HAD THE OPPORTUNITY TO PAY. Would you? Now. I don't see wrongdoing. The ones attempting to be there for you: to a fault? To the degree of "well the job market is bad & you've got the information wrong on when you pay whom" ? That's tough man's right-arm shit. Student loans from a private equity house should not follow their own laws at any rate; lest you find yourself dealing with an unamerican contract. Append the stated fixed height of font. Unamerican without a start of a sentence, is just , a sad word for our Thesaurus.

The loan was inhouse financing from the school (a for profit tech school in rural georgia) def not an out of country loan. As for my defence I can't even afford the paperwork to file bankruptcy let alone my own lawyer. And as I mentioned I never leave the house. Practically it would be possible for me to get a job and create the means to pay them, but I don't wanna work anymore. So based on my current income (nothing) I don't have the ability to pay. I don't even own anything of value. If my friend wasn't nice I'd be on the street somewhere. As for if I had the money would I pay it, I'd assume they would just take it but I will never have 5000$ as I have no plans to have income ever again.

You will eventually. This will follow you for the next 50 years if you don't deal with it.