What's the point of Microsoft Access? When would you use it instead of Excel?

What's the point of Microsoft Access? When would you use it instead of Excel?

Attached: 1660634577981.jpg (1025x647, 216.65K)

>What's the point of Microsoft Access?
It's a database.
>When would you use it instead of Excel?
When you needed a database instead of a spreadsheet.

But you can make a database in Excel?

What query language do you use to retrieve information from an Excel "database"?

What's a query language?

Lol, that's what I thought.

?

>But you can make a database in Excel?
i fucking hate you niggers so much it's unreal
i've lost count of the number of businesses i've shown up at where their entire fucking accounting dept runs on some shit ass 3GB excel file made by a retarded boomer who thought he was being smart

kek based boomers

3GB is nothing for a modern computer. Maybe you should upgrade the hardware? Win98 is no longer supported, just FYI.

Xls files groan and struggle at 20 megs. Access databases can be queried without the risk for you to have your entire XLS file corrupt when someone ctrl+f

Try opening a 3 gig excel file and report back to me.

Im hijacking this thread. What's the point of Microsoft Access? When should you use it instead of Microsoft SQL Server

Based troll.

When you can't finance another 9/11 by siphoning money to Jews who license PER CORE, yes, PER FUCKING CORE and all you want to have is a transactional model.
Just use Postgres.

Ideally never. It's just a shitty in-file database "engine" with VBA on top

You would use it when you need to store more data than Excel would be able to run smoothly.

But that is the most easy and efficient way...

bump

This user has a job

>tfw the entire reporting system is excel files glued together with vba macros, all of them pushing the boundaries of what they can do, incorporating every excel function you can think of, and looking as if the developer wrote them while taking an introductory excel+vba course (because he was)