Is it boomer tier?

Attached: twit_tv.png (232x130, 2.29K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=l_jjyaOH56M
leolaportesucks.com/
totaldrama.net/
web.archive.org/web/20220307045529/https://totaldrama.net/
us1.campaign-archive.com/?u=d0e55f3197099944345708652&id=031c00b6d3&e=53f8136959
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

These days, yeah. Tom Merritt's been gone for a while, Brian Brushwood too. The only two things TWiT still have that are worth a damn are Thurrott amd MJF on Windows Weekly and Steve Gibson's show. And surprisingly the MacBreak crew are still together, somehow.

I haven't listened to anything on his network for over a decade. I stopped listening when it basically became "THE APPLE AND SMARTPHONES HOUR"

Merritt was great. When he left it was ogre. Leo is a sex pest who became increasingly politically deranged up to and including betraying his friend John Dvorak on air. I still had a spot for awhile for that drunk wreck of a coal burning mess Sarah Lane but she's faded too.

I actually thought it was this guy's 24/7 on-air narcissism that killed it for listeners.

Attached: muh_radiostation.jpg (400x225, 22.57K)

Leo's look-at-me-look-at-me shit is really tiring.

All of his cohosts look scared shitless Leo will cancel them at any moment, much like how emotinoally abused people look constantly in a state of startled shock.

>increasingly politically deranged
indeed. always jumping on the lastest left-wing bandwagon like the new abortion laws and BLM shit + tranny shit.

I would listen to it simply to be aware of what mainstream consumers and IT managers listen to, so as to stay ahead of their bullshit.

The lefttard political posturing on it just makes it unlistenable.

That was the slow death but I think he's always had a drip feed of fresh boomers thanks to the terrestrial radio show he did apart from TWiT. What really killed it was when he hired his girlfriend as CEO, they got "caught" exchanging boomer genitalia pics live on air (both of theirs) and then she/they replaced Tom Merritt with Mike Elgan, probably one of the most boring, stilted broadcasters I've ever seen. I bailed around that time.

Attached: 1636813280991.jpg (1280x720, 303.71K)

kek ... aren't all the twit female hosts coal burners?

Attached: mary_jo.png (1400x1400, 2.72M)

There was a weird vibe of that before Leo made his gf CEO and she chased all the crazypussy away. There was that one big tittied girl "Cali Lewis" or whatever her name was who was nuttier than squirrel shit and Leo utterly humiliated her by asking about her traumatic past during a live stream.. in detail. It was awkward.

But as far as the coal burning. That just reminded me of one show. I think it was this one. They used to have this other loopy bitch that was hot but obviously crazy. Dude on the left after the show is done when the mics were still hot makes a really awkward "joke" about her boyfriend probably being 6'4" and black, which got the expected reaction of discomfort from all.

I miss the sex pest Leo days.

Attached: 1636969120978.jpg (1280x720, 767.57K)

fucking KEK. Love these old stories.

With that much history, there must be tonnes of these fucked up moments.

I had totally forgotten about all of it until I saw this thread but yeah... it's been awhile.
>With that much history, there must be tonnes of these fucked up moments.
There were some, but I think most of us really liked the show and the hosts and we didn't realize we hated Leo until after Tom left. I don't remember a lot of streaming going on at that level back then. He used to just let the cameras stream the entire day and you could catch them being goofy and there was one time he humiliated Sarah Lane over the set design and being unhappy with what "went out over the air" lol. I think someone tried to rob the place once or something, too.
youtube.com/watch?v=l_jjyaOH56M

By the time I stopped watching there was a blog for hatewatching TWiT but I forget the name. Then Sarah left and she had a depressing 5-years or so being drunk at her job and melting-down around #MeToo. Last I checked she had a podcast with another childless middle-aged wine aunt and was trying to grift while still doing Tech News Today with Tom.

>there was a blog for hatewatching TWiT
lel ... this reminds me of a blog I would read in 2008 that hated on Java called Bileblog.

Funniest shit to read, even though it was intentionally over the top to make its point: the blogger in question was a fulltime java dev and liked to rant alot.

I find it hilarious there are TWO sites dedicated to hating Leo Laporte.

leolaportesucks.com/
totaldrama.net/ (down I guess)
web.archive.org/web/20220307045529/https://totaldrama.net/

>Total Drama
Yeah, that was it. lol Never figured out if there was a specific beef with Leo/TWiT or if it was just another person just generally salty because Leo hired Lisa and they let Tom walk and replaced him with someone shockingly bad at broadcasting/presenting. But Leo actually referencing the blog on air during discussions about the troll menace was probably not a good idea.

I dunno what it was about circa 2015 but it seems like everything just went to shit in the culture at around the same time. I've listened to Tom's DTNS which is basically him continuing Tech News Today but it's not the same.

us1.campaign-archive.com/?u=d0e55f3197099944345708652&id=031c00b6d3&e=53f8136959

Attached: 6127311f-328e-413d-bd3f-c0e1a211fcfa.jpg (584x400, 26.97K)

ah ... the ego of boomer retards.

Beg to differ.
Dvorak was right about Ahmed, 'the clock boy'

Attached: ahmed clock boy.jpg (1024x781, 162.85K)

kek ... I was more referring to Laporte's retort to Dvorak's post there.

Yeah, Leo is woke. Par for the course in Silly Con Valley

everyone in this thread is at least 30 years old