I need help from the Any Forums hive

Hello Any Forums, I could use some advice about dealing with shit that's out of my league.

So recently, I've realized that my mother is an absentee parent. I'm not saying "oh mommy doesn't love me! I'm so sad because she won't say my drawings are the best!". I'm saying she neglects the family by turning into a TV zombie on the couch.

She's an only parent 4 years post-divorce from a drunk meth-head who lied about using a condom in high school (think like a reverse shotgun wedding). And after getting home from work at 5 pm she likes to watch TV, which is nothing. But she starts to just go blank, her eyes stare off and she goes catatonic to the world. The only way to get her to snap back is to turn off the TV, resulting in her screaming and insulting.

The problem is that I have a pre-teen brother entering puberty under these conditions. He was violent and mentally ill before from divorce and our dad abused him, but now it's gotten unlivable. My brother does nothing but eat, play siege, jack off and watch youtube. He doesn't even sleep regularly or shower.

He does what he likes, verbally abuses who he wants, and acts like a demon online and offline (he has been banned from all his games at least once for racism and hacking)

I've been considering sending him to a boarding school or even just calling CPS so he doesn't grow up to be some freak, but I know that would sever the last tie between me and my mom.

What are my, realistic, options in this? Should I care at all or give my family good wishes and move FAR away? I'm tired of worrying that this little shit is going to grab my rifle and kill me in my sleep.

Attached: 1630364549.gif (267x200, 255.24K)

>I've been considering sending him to a boarding school
Do you have any legal guardianship?

solution: neck urself and reroll

I didn't mention it in the post, which was retarded of me, but he has threatened both me and my mother with knives. He's threatened to kill me with one, held my mother at knifepoint over his computer when she wanted to borrow it for online taxes. And has told me he wants to shoot me in my sleep with my own rifle (which is why i wrote the last line of the OP)

sadly no, other than being his legal guardian in the event my mother dies

Call CPS before you end up the subject of some YouTube true crime video

Have you considered talking to a professional?
Do you work?
Get him out as soon as possible. Fend for yourself if you can. This sounds like a dangerous situation that can escalate quickly.

remember. God hates faggots, and hates suicide more.
>inb4 christcuck
>inb4 mentioning God is a Any Forums sin

this is honestly the best argument for it, if i die i don't want to become a BuzzFeed Unsolved level youtube video

he was in therapy for 2 years but quit after our mom asked him if he liked it. After telling him he didn't need to do it he dropped therapy and became a NEET

Your mother is encouraging the bad behavior. You really should go out and get your own place user. Don't get killed because your mother encourages your brother to be a degenerate.

forgot to add

I told my mom that I won't hesitate to hurt him if he actually attempts to hurt someone. If he grabs my gun I'm breaking his nose before he can cycle the action. Blood relation doesn't mean I'm gonna let him kill me and my mom

>BuzzFeed Unsolved level youtube video
Imagine these two faggots airing your family’s dirty laundry while talking about “Kids that Kill”

Attached: 2A4FD513-8A03-4E79-8956-C2C78DFCC17E.png (523x539, 145.12K)

then you cant send him to boarding school lol

I stay and ask if I have options because I don't want my brother to turn into our father. That's my ball and chain here. If it was just my mom being insane id just leave but visit often. This is someone who I've shared the trauma of abuse with, a brother who knows what I feel most of the time.

also, I feel responsible for him, I'm his big bro and if he snapped id feel insanely guilty for not stopping it or getting him help

Have you had a conversation with your mother? To really bring her back to reality about the situation, her actions, the involuntary position of responsibility you've been placed in because of her, and the real danger of your brother?
If you have, warn her that you're going to call CPS. If nothing changes in a few days, or she doesn't take you seriously, actually call CPS because that is proof that nothing will change and things will get worse. If she does change, support her through it.

I... fuck man, I might actually just run away with my brother and stuff him in a mental hospital if this was gonna happen

Every neckbeard and white wino mom who watches it talking shit and saying how they would have fixed my family... pisses me off to think about it

I've been warning her for months, I've pointed out exactly what I see wrong and all I get in response is whataboutism's.

she tells me that "Oh what about you? You're angry! You're always online! You were abused and turned out fine!"

And yes I did mention CPS, and when I did she went apeshit and teared up at just the word "CPS". She told me exactly "If you call CPS, I'm kicking you out and calling your father to come get you." Even though I'm 19 and have friends who have told me I was free to stay with them in an emergency.

She asked me yesterday, "why can't you just shut up and stop lecturing me, I know I'm a bad mom. I'm a terrible person and I deserve what happened to me." And I just froze, she sees me trying to help as a nagging lecturer bitching at her and she is using this to destroy her own self-confidence. Before this, she had never talked to herself like that

I understand to a certain extent. He threatened to kill you though and from what you said it seemed like a serious and credible threat. Do not give up your life for someone that is willing to take it and all the while being completely ignorant to your situation. I say, save yourself and hope for the best for you family. Build your own life so that you don't continue the cycle created by your parents. I don't think you can help your brother and mother user. They have to help themselves first, and I don't think they are capable of doing that.

Attached: 280518588_1330704117424496_7722011989012554332_n.jpg (640x679, 41.38K)

Ok. You need to talk to her again, and it needs to be soon. You need to be empathetic, and tell her you love her, but you need her help and can't manage on your own. Tell her you don't blame her and understand what she's going through. Then tell her you're going to call CPS for the good of the family if she can't help.
Make sure she knows you're not trying to take her children away from her, that you want help for all three of you. They can surely offer counselling and support without destroying the family.

:(

every part of me hates to read this and I am ashamed that I think it's probably right. I've been told the truth before and denied it so it wouldn't be the first time the truth hurts

That's a good idea instead of up and leaving. I've wanted family therapy for a while and expressed this. But she says it costs too much and doesn't believe it would help. All I know is CPS is for taking kids and giving them to foster homes, do they actually help with therapy?