4GB ram

>4GB ram
>16GB SSD
What's the usecase of this thing?

Attached: proxy-image (3).jpg (1000x1000, 139.61K)

> what's a thin client
Read a book.

running gnu linux

>some fag installs windows embedded standard 7 on it selecting the remote desktop connection package and web browser
>same fag sets it up on factory
>blue collar workers now have computer access

HP thin clients were total shit, security disaster, when I played with them around 2015.
Worked with wyse before bought by dell, igel afterwards
Ica days are over, these things will be flooding the markets by millions.. can get openwrt on some can't remember which

16GB houses a GNU/Linux or other Unix system just fine if that's what you're asking.

>or other Unix system
right, the only unix thing about macos is the specification

>what is *BSD

whats the matter op, it wont boot cyberpunk?
if you think the only purpose of a computer is fucking video games youre the problem

>BSD, MINIX, and Plan 9 don't exist

>can't run games
Excusem me while I play nethack on my 256M system

You could host a website on this thing

A thin client, you moron.

If you want more storage, you can stick 32GB of RAM and a 4TB SSD in it, but you're better off getting a book-sized Optiplex or similar.

There's already a shit ton of older ones, I bought a T630 for the price of a dinner a couple months ago.

Attached: 20220615_011821.jpg (1500x1500, 672.59K)

oh hey I just scrapped one of these at work

should've nicked it and sold on ebay, people are willing to pay surprising amounts
just destroy the SSD, it's useless anyway

>What's the usecase of this thing?
accessing a terminal servers e.g. Citrix farm

iGELs all over work - thousands on factory factory floor. Easy enough to lock down against idiots and simply display production and defect portal which is all those trogs need.
No complaints here- works reliably and isn’t a nightmare to patch like the tens of thousands of win systems elsewhere.

I got an old Wyse from ebay for a few bucks. These things have massively flooded the market. Makes a great Windows XP desktop for legacy shit.
1GHz Via Eden
2GB RAM
128GB SD card to IDE adapter.

>1GHz Via Eden
>2GB RAM
Can you downgrade a bit and run Win98 on it? Retro PCs out of thin clients is a special sport for special retro olympics.

Thin clients are increasing important with the diversifying office demographics. The devices are easily replaced when inevitably stolen.

Attached: Ubuntu users.jpg (1500x1101, 469.39K)