How often do you fresh install?

How often do you fresh install?

Attached: 1630768647311.png (472x315, 191.58K)

When I buy a new computer. Although I have had to do rescues bordering on reinstalls a few times in the past 4 years which is how long i've had this one

Android - when my phone is slow
Manjaro - never

server (debian): whenever there is a new (full) version

main (win10): whenever i feel like i've corrupted the system enough. ~2-3 years?

phone (android): whenever i feel like the system corrupted itself enough or i am running out of space/space is oddly being taken up for no reason; ~3 years?

once a year on my birthday

I'm on Arch [Testing] right now, 6 months no problems. Doubt I'll hop or do a reinstall anytime soon, very pleased with this.
The only thing that may motivate me to do a reinstall later this year is to switch my installation to btrfs. Ext4 is nice but I should have picked btrfs when I did the install, I know it's possible to convert the filesystem but I don't really like that idea.

Attached: 1660571261331282.jpg (1536x2048, 634.96K)

every day

Everyday
t. GentooCHAD

I kinda have OCD, so if I feel like I've installed stuff that I don't normally install, or if feel like something is buggy. But it really depends. I've gone 9 months without a fresh install and there were periods when I had formatted the PC every month or so.

twice a year on my birthday

when my ocd gets bad

I fresh installed fedora today but selinux filtered me so I dd'd my arch install back

I’ve had my current computer for 9 years and haven’t done it, it’s Windows 7 forced to update to Windows 10.

I regret messing with it, with all these years going by I don't know anymore

Attached: 1658966692216.png (688x332, 33.37K)

i had this same struggle and bought an HD to back everything up so i could do it
god speed

Attached: 2022-08-27T23:55:53,061817709-04:00.png (796x388, 84.34K)

I have a two BTRFS NAS drives hosted off of a desktop PC in the house and have been really impressed with how good it works with drive pools.
Nothing wrong with Ext4 but btrfs would be nice for timeshift I guess.

i don't do anything that would lead to me noticing significant differences between ext4 and btrfs but regardless i am happy with its performance. i have an 8TB drive connected to a raspberry pi 4b that i back up both my desktop and laptop's files to and the backups are always hiccup-free

I installed NoFagzOS today. Chances are you've probably never heard of it. Runs great with no issues, so far. I'll let you phagz know how it goes.

I have a complete bastardization of drive pool, basically begging for a failure, and despite this BTRFS has handled it beautifully for months now. There is no coherency at ALL with the drives I combined for one of my BTFS volumes but it just chugs along:
1 - Old 650GB external USB 2.0 HDD
2 - Old 1TB laptop drive 5400RPM
3 - 4TB desktop drive
4 - 2TB external USB 3.0 HDD

#2 and #3 are plugged into an HDD dock. I was really skeptical about how it would work, and I still actually try not to store anything critical on this volume just because of how disjointed it is (plus a couple of the drives are 10+ YO), but it's been like 4 months since I set this up and it just keeps going. No corruptions, no mounting issues, etc...

>buy a cheap Crucial 1TB m2 nvme card
>install it in old Yoga 520 (my main machine), yes I am poor
>decide to install Manjaro because "what could possible go wrong"
>after installation, updates system and it's snap as fuck
>reboot to check booting speed
>very fast
>login screen, put password
>and login screen appears again
>do it again and again
>check the interwebs
>first search bring "Manjaro login loop"
>uninstall that garbage and install Xubuntu

fuck rolling release, it's a fucking meme, holy shit! I prefer to handle shit like flatpak, snaps, appimages, nvm, cargo, pip, gems that using a fucking shitty rolling release distro.

Just rsync the install and update your bootloader and fstab.