Which programming language fits the term "general purpose language" the most?

Which programming language fits the term "general purpose language" the most?
A language that lets you do so much with it that you theoretically never need to use another language again.

Attached: 1637949392819.png (1280x800, 595.45K)

If you include the ecosystem built around it: C#
If you don't: C

lisp

>If you don't: C
bullshit if linux was written in pascal forth or something c would be irelevant.

c#, but you need to sell your soul to MS

Do you consider inline assembly to be in your chosen language or not? If so, then any natively compiled, self-hosting language should do. If not, then assembly for an architecture you expect to last for the next 50+ years.

C++

>can't even do webshit
Clojure or Nim

rust

fortran and lisp

Fuck off man

Java

Common Lisp

/thread

Pretty much all of em nowadays
Libraries get ported to everything and unless you're doing an OS, you can do everything with any modern language.
You can do a well performing, fully featured application in freaking free basic

Pretty much only (common) lisp is a truly general language. All others have arbitrary constraints on the programmer, static syntax and 90% of languages have a single implementation that targets only some platforms.
CL is a dynamic and adaptable language, so you can do almost anything in it. The only thing it'd have a problem with is doing some low level stuff like direct memory references I guess.

Ruby

Attached: A3ABF144-C5A6-4990-A087-E2C4AAA10182.jpg (1242x1573, 445.76K)

Python and Javascript are the only answers.
Javascript is so big that you can use it in frontend, backend, mobile, database, etc.

Anything else is either a meme or bad joke.

Why niggers are saying lisp? You literally only use it with that bloated text editor.

Java would be the case 10 years ago. Now java is a shadow of what once it was and an example of mistakes made in the industry.

c# because thats what unity uses and thats how i make my money

good mornings sir

beef, C, C# & C++ in one lang