How do you guys cope with the likelyhood that after you die that you'll never exist again for all of eternity...

How do you guys cope with the likelyhood that after you die that you'll never exist again for all of eternity, The idea has paralyzed me with fear for the last three months and I can't seem to shake it, I find it horrifying that this is the nature of the reality we inhabit, its especially anxiety inducing considering how limited we are as humans, knowing that we will never see the nature of reality in its entirety and shacked at the feet by our genetics.

Attached: 5u28959sjj2i.jpg (1052x512, 56.86K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/1lyu1KKwC74
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I'm looking forward to it.

Just kill yourself meek nihilistic faggot

Made me realize i don't want to be cremated, also i will write in my testament that i wish to be cloned back to life when the technology arrives.

Thanks OP.

>the likelyhood
the absolute fucking certainty. this is all you get; wasting it worrying about it ending will just lead to it ending - in your perception - sooner.

Same way I coped with it before I was born, I didn't and couldn't and I won't? Who cares.

I actually find the thought very comforting. Fade and forget.

"Ode to Solitude" - Alexander Pope

It's not like you'll be around to notice it user. Take up Zen, they talk about the concept of nothing quite a bit.

1. You cannot experience anything while you don't exist, so it's not really worth worrying about

2. You cannot with any certainty predict the likelihood that you will exist again or under what circumstances.
The possibility of existing again is actually the much more worrying option

Attached: heart-min.jpg (3456x3456, 909.04K)

I like to keep a keep that potential .01% that there is maybe something after life.

>You cannot experience anything while you don't exist, so it's not really worth worrying about
Yes but I can experience the dread that come with understanding this while I'm alive.

"I was dead for millions of years before I was born. It never inconvenienced me one bit." - Mark Twain.

Death is just part of living, I understand that even my statements here are a bit of a cope, but the best we can do is try to come to terms with it. It's going to happen, we don't know what happens after, probably nothing, but we can't be sure. So live well to the best of your ability, and try not to stress over it.

A good rule of thumb for life is to only concern yourself with matters that you can control, dying at some point is not one of them. Living a fulfilling life, however, whatever that personally means for you is in your hands.

For me, I find fulfillment in learning things, experiencing new things, and spending time with interesting people. Another caveat to death and the potential absurdity of life is the bittersweet silver lining that nothing matters if you believe in that. Yes, all of our accomplishments fade away with time, but so do our mistakes. As far as I can tell, there is no purpose or deeper meaning to it all, we just exist, that's it. So make the most of it.

Attached: e576i4tk.jpg (700x700, 214.66K)

>i wish to be cloned back to life when the technology arrives.
That won't be you a clone of you is the equivalent of having an identical twin. Save up and get frozen, there a better chance that works it sure beats nothingness

By your logic when water evaporates it no longer exists.

youtu.be/1lyu1KKwC74

But it does it exists forever its just there in the air.

Attached: MAGIK.jpg (296x170, 4.95K)

I can also experience the dread of imagining a million potential afterlives that are far worse than my current one.

Quantum Immortality, Poincare recurrence, Boltzmann brains are all possible under our current understanding of the universe, and allow for a lot of undesirable afterlives.

And what a waste of effort that is

I think that you got a sense of self importance a little bit too high.

Attached: 2544.jpg (1000x1000, 80.46K)

Genetic memory of life events will make it more of a clone than a twin

Lemme guess you think a magic man in the sky is going to welcome you into a place where streets paved of gold and you no longer have to suffer

I'm not an npc so I doubt I'll have that issue. You could try smoking an ounce of 30x concentrated Salvia over the course of a couple weeks. After a few thousand years of life on a handful of planets you'll be sick of this shit, trust me.

Some religions consider obliteration of the soul and resulting nonexistence to be the penalty for the gravest possible sins, and atheism teaches that this is the result of every death. Contemplate that.

your question implies that your existence has meaning. it doesn't.