It's irresponsible to recommend anybody waste their time on something that will require a bachelors degree worth of...

It's irresponsible to recommend anybody waste their time on something that will require a bachelors degree worth of knowledge to get to windows levels of comfort.

Attached: C1041ACA-812B-4060-96EF-B65B0170A337.jpg (4032x3024, 3.29M)

3 rupees

>bachelors degree
One semester was more than enough.
Doesn't really require any prior knowledge.

>you need to learn how to use linux in a classroom

it's free user you can find a multitude of free resources on the deeper workings - the LPIC has great free ebooks on the subject to get started.

And even then you don't need that deep of an understanding. I've been daily driving it for 3 years now fine and I'm a 2x college dropout.

Attached: 299279254_6219790828034438_4000813775509544124_n.jpg (1200x1500, 478.53K)

Comfort zone

>worth
Of knowledge.
Try reading comprehension.

>is it irresponsible to insist people educate themselves in order to be capable of governing themselves

i read this book recently, jesus christ that rambling about devices interacting with the kernel shouldn't be there, overall it was a good read for getting the big picture

Windows is prevented from going fiefdom by the existence of macOS. I have no reason to fear a day when microsoft clamps down. You want to plan for distopian futures that aren't likely, be my guest. But the market made linux irrelevent. You are a doomsday prepper.

Attached: 1654521284650.png (625x626, 27.5K)

>having independence is now prepping
nice

The sad part is its all smart guys falling for the meme. Imagine the wars they could be fighting over things that actually matter.

this is not bait.

Wintoddlers are sub 80IQ, anyone can use linux as a daily OS with no prior knowledge. Using 10 simple bash commands can be done by normies.

keep crying faggot, about a week into using ubuntu i already got the hang of it.. it's easy you're just retarded and impatient.

just learn the basic most needed terminal commands (i doubt it's any more than ten commands you'll be using on the daily)

and just get used to a slightly different ui and that's literally it, the only thing different is the way files and documents are placed but that's also no more than 3 days to get used to.

stop being a faggot

The FOSS movement is exactly what keep the big software firms in check. Without FOSS, you already would pay rent to most of your software.

Windows is retarded bloated spyware.
But linux is still retarded even though its the best choice.

you want to use the browse feature to find images to upload?
extra effort
you want to open a preview of an image from the upload window?
nope
you want to download a game?
good luck
you want to keep track of your program files?
extra effort

MANY such cases. They can all be fixed with little or a lot of extra effort, but on windows they just work. Tell me when a beginner actually gets value back from linux over windows? How many hours later? Commands are easy you're right, but there's drivers there's software there's bullshit every step you take.

Not foss. Apple. And if there ever was a real squeeze, linux would be user friendly overnight.

muh bloat. impacts

ignoring bloat windows is still retarded.Solving a problem in linux is 10 times easier.And linux gets better with time windows gets worse.Each new version is worse than the one before.

The trajectories dont matter because windows is miles above linux. Ill tell my grandkids to check back in on the debate. And it's not retarded because bloat is the price of a user experience. Linux should be user experience first, bloat control second. They would actually achieve something that way instead of being the neckbeards of the industry and their irls.

>Linux should be user experience first
Why? Microsoft has totally stopped caring about UX and seems to be doing fine.