Why are people deathly afraid of a glorified .txt file?

Why are people deathly afraid of a glorified .txt file?

Attached: Gigabyte-Gc-tpm.jpg (1840x1312, 227.61K)

There is no point of having a TPM.
I guess if you have one you can use it for Bitlocker and whatnot, but Bitlocker and all other disk encryption software reduces your I/O performance by 50%. So unless you legitimately have child abuse materials on your computer you shouldn't need it.
TPM is for pedos.

file extensions is a construct

Or, like, if you have a job. Many companies have a policy that all employee work laptops need to be fully encrypted so when employees lose them, sensitive company data doesn't get stolen.

LUKS does not have this problem (unless you have a shitty cpu)
t. doesn't have a single unencrypted drive

That's fine, you don't care so much about HUGE GAYMING PERFORMANCE SSD NVME 4.0 in a corporate environment.
I was talking more about personal usage.
Yeah, everyone knows Linux is for pedophiles.

>Yeah, everyone knows Linux is for pedophiles.
Do I smell projection?

People have sensitive data, personal data, passwords and communication saved on their devices. (Mobile) devices ger lost or stolen all the time, not encrypting your device is stupid.

Also you can always encrypt using a proper key, no TPM needed. TPM enables you to use a PIN or something, locked to x attempts as it manages your keys for you.
TPM is a secure memory chip with computing capabilities, calling it a glorified txt file just shows the lack of understanding the technology.

>People have sensitive data, personal data, passwords and communication saved on their devices.
Dude I get it if it's a phone. You don't care about multi-GB/s performance on a phone storage. Most phones come encrypted from the factory (I know mine did).
But on a desktop? That stays in your house? Bitch if someone breaks into my house to steal my computer and other shit I got bigger worries than a couple passwords and emails.

>Bitch if someone breaks into my house to steal my computer and other shit I got bigger worries than a couple passwords and emails
You'd get the additional worry of possible identity theft and all it's consequences then.
Sure, it seems more relevant for mobile devices but glowies will install spyware on your desktop as well while you're absent.
It's just hoping vs. knowing that no one has and will snoop your stuff.
Imagine dying suddenly and unexpectedly™ and your mom going through your browsing history lmao

companies in my country all using astra linux now because microshit is anti-russian and doesnt sell licenses anymore

this would make for a more interesting thread than 80% of this board
I'd be curious to know how russian corpos are handling the switch

>glowies will install spyware on your desktop as well while you're absent.
schizo
>Imagine dying suddenly and unexpectedly™ and your mom going through your browsing history
not my problem if I'm dead
why dont the russian companies just pirate that shit

Freetards aren't people.

>LOOK AT ME GUYS I PAY TO LOOK AT WHITE WOMEN GET FUCKED BY BLACK BULLS

>have TR1950X that works amazingly well for what I do (music production and some gayman on the side)
>kinda want to upgrade to windows 11 because I produce music and am therefore slightly gay
>read that W11 has this TPM 2.0 requirement
>no problem, my board has a socket for that
>purchase TPM 2.0 module, get it set up properly
>W11 says "lmao no the 1950X isn't supported at all go fuck yourself"
>fuck you I'll switch to linux
>realize I can't use Pro Tools on linux
>suffer

Attached: 1950x+5700XT.png (1026x888, 101.09K)

Because it's a .txt that you, the machine owner, cannot read. And that in conjunction with measured boot, can be used by corporations to effectively destroy your software freedom.
See what happens today with SafetyNet and banking apps (and Magisk is only a stopgap solution that will soon stop working)

Attached: 1660684743976957.png (1762x1508, 453.51K)

No idea where the schizoshit comes from. You can always read the .txt, install any random .apk, and run any random .exe. Secure boot or whatever brand name they're using is supported by GNU's-Not-Unix/Linux. Time to go FreeBaSeD or take meds.

The whole purpose of a TPM is to hide private keys so that the physical owner cannot access them.
One of these private keys is a manufacturer endorsement key, which, along with Secure Boot, can be used to prove to a remote server (attestation) that you're running non-virtualized hardware on an untampered Windows (or Android) device.

Once most use hardware/software that supports remote attestation, companies will use it to cut out those who use unrooted/unofficial OSes.

It's for """security""" reasons they say, but it's actually for THEIR security (aka DRM)

Absolutely based. You can tell how based this post is because it's making faggots seethe hard. FPBP.

Attached: 1661618441385.png (994x1250, 1.35M)

>luks