I need a job

I need a job.
You guys always disapprove of certs, but how can I get into the industry without them?
If certs are bad, why ? If they are good, which one should i get ?

Attached: image_proxy.png (1000x1000, 16.38K)

Other urls found in this thread:

wgu.edu/online-it-degrees/cloud-computing-bachelors-program.html
wgu.edu/online-it-degrees/network-engineering-security-bachelors-program.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

first, tell me what the "TIA" in "CompTIA" stands for

Attached: Chen Prank Calls Gamestop.jpg (1920x1080, 155.19K)

>CompTIA
Technology Industry Association

>You guys always disapprove of certs
Nobody unironically disapproves of certs unless they actually have no interest working in the IT industry.
>If they are good, which one should i get ?
Purely depends on what you want to do.

networking and sysadmin stuff

Why not do one of these if you're in the USA or Canada:

Cloud computing degree:
wgu.edu/online-it-degrees/cloud-computing-bachelors-program.html
The degree also comes with a stack of AWS or Azure certs

Network Engineering
wgu.edu/online-it-degrees/network-engineering-security-bachelors-program.html
This will give you a stack of CompTIA, Axelos ,LPI and Cisco certs.

They are fully accredited and will admit anyone with a pulse
Its all self paced with no classroom hour bullshit, so you can knock a degree out in one 6 month term for $5000.

i dropped out of high school fren, i can't..

Maybe a CCNA. At least, that's what the network techs at my work recommended to me for getting promoted from basic help desk.

i am doing a+ rn and i was thinking either ccna or network+ after. they are both fine right?

same tho i just applied for jobs anyway with no certs no nuffin' and still get hired lmao

do you have any experience on your resume that was the reason why they hired you?

Then start by fixing that, stop being a dumb bitch and go pass a course made for a 12 year old. There are plenty of online options.

Some CompTIA A+ cert isn't going to make you marketable.

I was a total retard in high school and had to go upgrade a bunch of shit when I was like 25. I'll admit that it was humbling to sit the exams with 17 year old's, but fuck it who cares.

Get that shit sorted, it will take a year tops, then figure out what to do next.

CCNA absolutely.
N+ is kinda pointless. But if you know nothing about networking in general, probably a good place to start.

ccna > network+

wait, get what sorted ? the cert or an high school diploma ? im just thinking of not even getting one and just going for certs and getting a job at this point.

ty fren

I have no formal background in computers and IT but I've toyed with computers my whole life. I'd consider myself relatively decent around computers but I'm struggling to learn any programming language though.
What's your advice user for someone like me.

Get the high school sorted.
How old are you for context?

Nuffin' but portfolio projects for the first time. Now I've got a few companies under my name and my resume is lookin' good.

I once had an IT guy tell me that certs were a requirement for his first job even though he had an infosec degree. Not sure how it is at other places though.