Moving into a 650 sqrft studio apartment for university in a month or so, any tips on making the best use of space?

Moving into a 650 sqrft studio apartment for university in a month or so, any tips on making the best use of space?

Attached: studio-3d.png (950x921, 736.43K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ora_sWHec68
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

youtu.be/ora_sWHec68

(Picrel is the floorplan)

Attached: floor.jpg (366x380, 37.19K)

Don't be afraid to throw away shit you don't need.

Dude 650 sq feet is a good amount of room. I have 350 sq ft and its fine. Dont buy a shit ton of furniture and you'll be ok.

You get used to it

Bro you have a crazy amount of space for a studio at 650 sq ft. I had a large studio at 485 sq ft, and now I have a 1 bedroom at 606 sq ft. Do you plan on having or buying a tv and a couch?

as a globetrotter i can tell you people in different countries live in way, way smaller spaces and get by just fine. if you think twice before buying shit you dont need, you will have plenty of space

Nice thing about college is you can spend a lot of time on campus so the small living space doesn't drive you crazy. You can study at the library etc.

Best advice I can give is to take college seriously and don't fuck around to much. You will be surrounded by tons of bad influences and there will be some sort of party to go to pretty much every night. Really easy to lose focus. My college said about 50% of freshman flunk out every year. I had a roommate my freshman year and he did so poorly he was put on probation his 1st semester and flunked out his 2nd semester.

Will probably get at least a small couch. Might get a TV but I usually just use my PC monitor for stuff.

Use dining room for bedroom. Couch and TV in main room

lift the bed, easier on knees more storage. bookcase wall/headboard, commode medicine cabinet the area above the tank is usually for art. cabinet shelf dividers some are vertical some are horizontal I like the horizontal, the less stuff on your counter top the more likely it will be cleaned, grow lights are comfy yellow over white if you have the choice. laundry sacks are easier than a basket the extra second everyday to load a sac is worth the ease of transport. cut down on echo and loud noises with a rug or astroturf get some remnants for dirt cheap. Art is nice get some if there is a void fold a towel behind it for noise ablation. Air movement is tough if you can make it passive that is the best, dark colors under widows will cause heat to rise and the venturi might pull a little air.

Attached: OIP-36.jpg (474x316, 22.43K)

Cool beans. Personally, I think it's best to have an actual dining room with a decent size dining table and maybe 3 or so chairs. Bed, computer desk, and a small dresser to set your tv on can go into the main room. You could even do a couch that turns into a bed for your bed with the tv in front of it sitting on a dresser.

Store stuff in cracks and crevices, such as under your bed if possible. Get stackable tote bins. Don’t hoard useless crap.

Pic related.

Attached: 7F473F62-945C-416C-977A-3572EAF91009.jpg (626x337, 19.79K)

How the fuck did they get a picture of the apartment like that? Did they seriously tear the ceiling off just for a picture?

>”and don't fuck around to much”

Case in point. It’s TOO much.

>commode medicine cabinet
Did you mean toilet medicine cabinet?

maybe as long as you're not a ginormous fat ass, then you could get a loft bed and desk combo

Attached: 81mgnQHHP3L._AC_SX466_.jpg (466x466, 29.75K)

using a ladder to get into bed, how did you know I was a kebler elf?
if you are injuried you do not get to sleep.

What if that bunk bed doesn't hold up and falls onto your nice computer and monitor?

what if you have to go to bathroom or get water in middle of the night. really annoying to have to go up and down a ladder

You keep two grocery bags attached to the top of the bunk. One for water bottles, and the other for piss bottles. Maybe keep an empty bottle in the piss bottle bag and you can also put other empty bottles in their once you drink from the other water bottles.