Lets say that one day you were approached by somebody with an offer: push this button and within the next day an...

Lets say that one day you were approached by somebody with an offer: push this button and within the next day an amazing video game that is one of the best of all time and is incredibly fun will be released for free. You may even press the button as many times as you want. The only catch is that when pressing the button, you will be stuck in a void for 500 million years with nothing to do but think by yourself. After the 500 million years you will be returned to the moment right after pressing the button with no memories of those 500 million years at all.

Do you press the button?

Attached: button.png (400x463, 188.99K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/3h-cAbOyRXc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Oh no not again

Not pressing the button, clearly remembers his experience with this.

this is probably the most effective brainlet test ever conceived

I grab the button box and smash the person holding it over the head until the box breaks and all the money flies out

Even if you forget there's no undoing the mental scars left behind.

What kind of moron would even press the button?

The video implies otherwise since the guy pushes the button over and over with no ill effects.

Holy shit for free? I'm going to mash that button like crazy YEAH.

It's sad that nobody is watching the new show.

The challenge is too absurd. You should make it like 5 months or something. Even in that time span you'd likely go insane, though.

Not like it'd affect you at all once it's over. Still, 500,000,000 is a LONG fucking time. I'd rather be dead than live for an unreasonably long amount of time.

Attached: 015.jpg (1360x1935, 465.12K)

>DUDE WHAT IF HORRIBLE THING
>BUT YOU CAN'T DETECT IT OR ITS EFFECTS IN ANY WAY
Pure mental masturbation.

so is that a yes or no?

It's a "your thread is gay and you're a faggot high on his own farts"

Attached: fuck_you.gif (112x112, 304.86K)

If there's no outside stimulation you'd start hallucinating vividly in short order.

You can't even play white noise and look at only white light without your brain making shit up, do you really think you'd experience even an hour of "the void"?

Attached: ganzfeld.png (519x315, 215.33K)

what if you're in the void right now hallucinating

The reason it's so long is because just the thought of spending that much time alone in a space like that is scary. If you make it 5 months most people would just say yes

This loser has technology that lets him remove memories, grant humans perfect immortality and create pocket dimensions where millions of years happen in single a second, and the one thing he does with them is mess around with people like that
He is clearly a menace, the right thing to do is to capture him and get some info out of him

Attached: 1501589386852.png (401x576, 259.87K)

You would die before the 500 million years were up. Stupid question.

Attached: 1620588744664.gif (112x112, 798.68K)

You are immortal during that time.

Nonbrainlet detected, based status affirmed.

Oh no no no not like this Uchikoshi bros

Cope. Humans aren't immortal and they age too. I saw through your faggoty trick.

Looking up how the universe will end is actually crazy. The concept of protons themselves decaying and splitting into even tinier particles.

I would feel the tape

>Looking up how the universe will end is actually crazy.
Even crazier when you realize it's a made up just-so story with no reason to believe it's true

I'll do it for a billion dollars

Yeah, according to Keine that'd happen before all the black holes evaporate 220000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 years later.

Attached: 014.jpg (1360x1935, 523.71K)

everything is made up its all in your head go where you want and live to the outser side of where your minds open edges say themselvse to open the space for new ideas to reach out to your other you for the final stuff to lead adhead

This is dumb. Obviously press the button many times, you'll have zero memory of the 500 million years spent by the end of it so it's like it barely even happened at all. Hell you could actually be experiencing something like that RIGHT NOW and just don't know it. So why is this any different?

>Press button
>Masturbate for 500 million years
>Return without having to deal with post nut clarity
>Get free games
I don't see any downsides.

Attached: sailor cream.jpg (850x645, 138.61K)

You really don't seem to comprehend the flow of time, do you? Sure you never remember but you still have to experience it for how many times you decide to press that button. And considering the button stacks, you could end up in there for even longer. It's a classic trap because a brainlet's first line of thought is "How bad can it be? I won't remember anyway!"
The memory wipe thing is kind of neccesary because anyone spending that long in nothingness would go insane.

Attached: 67657657.png (514x413, 40.89K)

>going insane because of 5 months doing nothing
Do normalfags really?

Brainlet moment.

Its one thing to laze around in a cell for 5 months but being deprived of every sense is an entirely different beast

>but you still have to experience it for how many times you decide to press that button
This does not matter. How did you seriously write this when your previous sentence spells it out? You don't remember, that's exactly the point why this works and why pressing the button is a no-brainer. If anything it's brainlets not fully comprehending the memory wipe aspect complete with zero ill effects after, because you're still too caught up on big number = scary. Who gives a fuck for all practical purposes you press the button and a sweet new video game pops up, with no events in between

Severence is too good

No it's not. 5 months is not that long. You'd not go insane for it.

The correct choice is to not press the button, but because you should NOT get rich just with the press of a button.
Any other considerations are nonsense born out of a mediocre soul.

The superior man would NEVER press the button.
The inferior man worries about the time he spends in nothingness after pressing the button.

Hundreds of millions of years of free thought with no responsibilities or distractions. The only downside here is that you forget.

Attached: fairy butt.png (758x424, 34.96K)

Seconds turn to minutes turn to hours turn to days turn to weeks turn to years. The less that's happening the longer things feel like. The memory wipe helps you stay sane sure but it also means you'll be dumb enough to literally torment yourself a possibly infinite number of times and figure that it's fine because when you're done pushing this fun red button you'll have so much vidya to play, so maybe one more push wouldn't hurt.
You can't percieve the consequence so all you see is the reward. Try to sit in a sensory depravation chamber for 24 hours and see how you feel.

Attached: 43543543543.png (165x178, 33.85K)

Lmao try 3 days faggot

this whole thing is stupid. if i'm gonna end up forgetting those 500 million years and that they bring no consequences to me afterwards whatsoever, then the ordeal pretty much never happened.
think of King Crimson's "time skip" ability in jojo. the characters affected by it forget what happened in the time the ability was in effect, essentially giving the impression of a "time skip". their actions did happened, but they forgot about it, and so they're still affected by the "result" of those actions.
by pressing the button, it is already determined that your consciousness will be transported back to your body the moment you pressed the button, this "result" is fixed, but since it carries no lasting consequences to have your spent 500 million years back to your original position, essentially, nothing happened.
you the "result" is that you forgot what happened, and no consequences are in effect, so, like said before, all that time your consciousness spended was "skipped" or "erased".
you press the button, you skip the bullshit, and is "brought back" as if nothing ever happened. because it didn't.

Attached: paracetamol.jpg (502x495, 135.47K)

>nooo you're not allowed to dislike my meaningless drivel!
>if you can't appreciate it that means you're stupid!!!
Protip: Groundhog Day is a good story, unlike yours, so you can try and figure out the differences that matter.

Sensory deprivation has been used for torture, and it is reported to work in a matter of days.
Studies on the subject are few and of questionable quality, but they seem to agree on those figures.

Attached: please reconsider.png (645x944, 464.09K)

Again, it literally does not matter, because NOTHING, I repeat, NOTHING changes due to
>After the 500 million years you will be returned to the moment right after pressing the button with no memories of those 500 million years at all.
From your point of view, nothing happened at all when you pressed the button. Nothing changed- except for the fact that you get an amazing video game the next day. That's something that DID change that you can visibly see, remember, feel, etc.

>you should NOT get rich just with the press of a button
...why not?

I'd press it if I got to keep 500 million years worth of memories.

If it's completely and entirely guaranteed that I would have no memory of those 500 million years, then yes, but if this is a deception and I actually would remember those 500 million years, then fuck no.

Don't you only get something like 1000$ in the original? I'd probably go insane more for the fact that I'd have to endure 500 million years just for fucking 1000$

About $7,500.

The analogy is especially fitting as it doesn't matter that you don't perceive King Crimson punch you, you still end up with a hole through your chest: that is scary, because you have no way to react to or even notice your impending doom.
While here you perceive nothing and suffer no consequence, exactly as if nothing had happened: that is just boring.

Not for long, you don't notice the feeling of your clothing at all times, do you? Your brain filters that shit out after a while unless something brings your attention to it.

fuck it, sure. If I had no stimulation I'd probably sleep for 500 million years which would make it all seem instantanious anyway

youtu.be/3h-cAbOyRXc

Going by the video, you return to your exact state from before hitting the button. No mental scarring or a fucked up brain because it's as if it never happened

Yes there is, for the sake of the experiment all mental scars are absolutely removed. Watch the video

Ok then I'll smash that shit over and over lol

Eventually you'd stop thinking anyway, your brain would shut off after the first year. After which you're essentially dead so you cannot experience the rest. I'd do it for a million.

Attached: moneypikachu.jpg (500x375, 21.18K)

That’s under the assumption they decay (which is likely true last I read)

But it’s important to note so little is known about the universe that all end of the universe theories should be taken with a grain of salt. There could be some huge discovery in physics just waiting to be found that would throw those theories out the window.

we're 60 replies in and no one has started to dump the comic

Be the change you want to see in the world, user

this video made me very anxious and you're making me anxious by posting about it.
what a terrifying prospect.

Attached: 1658631601527411.gif (200x200, 392.04K)

500 million years is a long fucking time man. Just sit and think about that number. I still don't even think the video does a good enough job exemplifying it. That's a whole fucking tenth of the time the Earth itself has even existed. Like fuck, think of how long a month feels. Now half a year. Now a full year. Now a decade. Imagine ten of those. Now that but ten more times. Now that but a hundred more times. 100,000 years, and we're only 1/50,000th of the way there. That's living the length of human civilization almost 18 times over each time. Even if it all means nothing at the end as you're turned back to normal with no memories, that is beyond fucked. That isn't waiting, it's WAITING. Jesus fuck. I'd have to force develop tulpas and severe schizophrenia just to even hope to cope any meaningful time.

Fuck the video game. This question only makes sense with a real tangibly useful prize, like the money. If I'm going to endure this hell, it needs to be fucking worth it just to even consider a yes.

Attached: numbers-will-smith.gif (460x336, 2.32M)

The issue is that you can't lose consciousness whatsoever. Even after you stop thinking you're still forced to experience every passing second.

But you still experience those 500 million years. Even if you don’t care because “I forgot” during that time you will have experienced excruciating agony and it will have happened. Forgetting about it doesn’t change the objective fact that you will experience it

Press it

bullshit, you don't even experience every second as it is. you only experience what your brain bothers to put into a coherent movie and most perceptions and time is skipped over

it says you can't sleep, but that doesn't mean your consciousness wouldn't just shut down. You'd be awake, but feel nothing. Your eyes would be open, but the lights would be off.

In the video you’re not allowed to sleep, you just experience everything

Money? I'd only consider it in exchange for godlike powers, and even then, I'd probably refuse it. It's even worse because the guy in the video presses the button over and over again, and at that point, you'd be stuck in an endless torturous loop without even realizing it.

You spent however many billions of years experiencing non-existence. So what? You don't remember any of that, just like you won't remember the 500 million years once you push the button. It is a total non-factor in the decision-making process. Experience means nothing if you can't remember it.

>You spent however many billions of years experiencing non-existence.
Nigger, I wasn't before I was. You can't experience something if you aren't.

>push the button over and over
>eventually, just one of those times, get far enough into understanding the true nature of reality and everything that you can break out of your mental prison or at least force the memories to carry over
>become godlike with your new omniscience and do whatever you want
ezgg

I take it you're not a fan of the ship of theseus, then.

Good point. Fuck the money too, probably the only prize I'd genuinely consider yes over is Godhood. Like true Godhood, no Zeus bullshit. Let me create universes and everything, fuck.

If I had the promise I’d fall into a catatonic state after a year and the prize was like a million dollars I might press it.

But even the thought of what it would feel like to reach the point of catatonicness is worrisome

I can't believe that thread was years ago.

What? I never experienced non existence because I wasn’t existing dude. In this scenario I’m existing and experiencing it

Reminder that after 500 million years your personality and experiences would be so different that a full reset is more personality death than memory loss

Attached: 1631472181773.jpg (615x343, 38.67K)

i'm going for a barrage!

you ever get put under with anesthetic before?

Don't have the comic but pointing this out as the video if no one's noticed.

to better illustrate my point, here's an incredible art piece i made on paint.
basically, once you press the button the "normal present" will split, creating another present within it, we'll call it "button present".
that "button present" will be those 500 million years spent on the void, alongside the time already spent, "button past" and the time yet to pass, "button future."
Once those 500 million years pass, the timeline will converge again, essentially "squeezing" the "button timeline" into nothingness, reverting the timeline to it's original state once more. You will be brought back to when it started and ended, It will be forgotten, and no consequences will be brought from it. It never happened, it was "skipped" through.

Attached: button press timeline.png (711x603, 25.14K)

I would pick that option without a doubt. You see, I have perfected a technique that has allowed me to effectively "skip" years of my life in the blink of an eye. I mean, I could even "teleport" myself to my deathbed right now, if I wanted to. So in retrospect, 500 million years is not such a long time, if I take the neccesary steps to undertake such a journey.

But you immediately forget all of that once it's done- as if it never happened. From a pragmatic point of view, it, in fact, DID NOT happen. Nothing changed before or after- other than you receiving 1 million yen, or a new video game, or whatever the prize is. All you did is just push a button.

>if i forget it happened then it's not torture
???

>Experiencing non existance
Do you hear how fucking retarded what you've said was?

or immediately kill yourself

What I am and what makes up me are two separate things. When I stop existing, the things that make up me continue to exist. There is the idea of me and the components that make up that idea change with the passing of the seasons.

>you don't remember it happening
>no one else remembers it either
>there is no evidence whatsoever of it happening
>DUDE TRUST ME IT HAPPENED
It literally does not matter.
You might have trapped me in the magical prison for only 1 year, or 1 billion billions years instead, or ten times for each button press, or you could have made it all up, and there would be ZERO way to tell which one actually happened because they would all produce the same exact result: that's what happens with all unfalsifiable claims, they get ignored because they don't make any difference.
>inb4 seething philosophylets

>tfw I did this once and now I'm in a different life than before the skip
wtf

It did happen though. You experienced 500 million years of torture. You don't remember it happening, but you still have to go through 500 million years of torture.

Cute but doesn’t apply here

No it didn't. See

>16 round course

Yes, let me make myself more clear. It’s the process of falling into a Catatonic state not actually being in one that scares me. What would it feel like to just slowly descend into that state. If I had a guarantee that I’d just break in an instant after 6 months and spend the rest of the time catatonic I could take the deal maybe. But if it’s like the video where it takes a long time for him to get there, no way Jose

>dude it's just like my japanese animes
no it's not.

I think people are thinking about this all wrong. The dilemma isn't about there being consequences to yourself personally but every time you press the button you're basically dooming an alternate version of yourself to an awful hell. You're putting someone through excruciating torture for a mere million yen.

>Ok, imagine there's this rock but with fur, ears, a tail, four legs, organs, it can move and meow and hunt and do anything a cat would do
>but it's a rock because I said so for this hypothetical
brain damage

>it totally happened
>500 millions years somehow passed by in a microsecond
>and somehow you're still alive
>and you conveniently don't remember any of it
>and not even your body was affected
>but it totally happened and it's important because... BECAUSE I SAY SO OK?

No because it did happen, it absolutely was experienced, even if I forgot. From a pragmatic view I still experienced it. I’ve forgotten plenty of things in my lifetime, they still happened

If a tree falls in the woods with nobody around to hear it the sound waves are still made etc.

The entire reason why no sane person would want to go through that torture is if they
1) remember it
2) bear physical and mental scars after experiencing it
Neither 1) nor 2) apply, because of the simple rule that EVERYTHING gets wiped- your memories of it, your physical and mental trauma, all of it.
All you experience is you pushing a button, and instantly receiving the reward. THAT'S IT. That's literally all that happened, with zero ill effects.

after your memory is erased you're essentially a different person than you were before. pressing the button is like sacrificing your present self for the benefit of your future self.

>From your point of view, nothing happened at all when you pressed the button
It happens but you forget it afterwards. What you’re saying only makes sense from a third party perspective.

I remember watching this video like two years ago.
I think about it like, every fucking day; does anyone have any recommendations of games/movies/anime/anything that gives off the same feel

It's not even someone else, it's literally (You). You are the one who needs to go through the 500M year confinement. Its completely irrelevant whether you remember or suffer any of the mental trauma after it, you literally still went through the immense suffering, all for a fucking vidya.
People who unironically push have zero foresight

Watch the video, the point of the experiment is that it does happen. Your memory does not constitute what happens or doesn’t. Just because I forgot an event doesn’t mean an event didn’t objectively happen. Just because I’m unaware of something doesn’t mean the event didn’t objectively happen in the real world.

You think that not remembering means you somehow avoid experiencing it. That's not true.

oh
still not that bad.

no it didn't, you're trapping yourself in a mental prison by thinking this
yes theoretically it DID happen, but pragmatically speaking in actuality to yourself, it didn't happen
no. a third party perspective is the video because we see his self on earth and his self in the endless void.
from his actual perspective, even in the video, all he did was press the button and instantly receive 1 million yen

>I'd have to force develop tulpas and severe schizophrenia just to even hope to cope any meaningful time.
Careful user, that's house universes are born. If you give a mouse a cookie...

Attached: economic crisis.png (250x250, 95.99K)

For the sake of the experiment I always assumed your same self converged into the same timeline, just with meteorites wiped

Actually the OP only says memories. You'd still be psychologically damaged, and maybe even physically. Plus you would still have to experience and remember it for 500 million years.

Attached: 1580025155683.gif (499x373, 274.89K)

>his perspective
Is an observer perspective, you’re seeing everything through a camera. What he actually sees when hitting the button is the full timespan, then it’s gone. Can we at least establish that they objectively experience the 500 million years before the memories are wiped?

you are getting hung up over theoretics instead of actual, practical reality. you may as well argue that you'll never be able to walk to your front door because there are technically an infinite number of distances you could take meaning you'll never reach the end and close the distance
in reality you just walk to your fucking front door

>Coffee doesn't do anything to me
Shut the fuck up dickhead nobody thinks you're special

It just said your memory is wiped. That faggot Jaita is obviously unaffected because of how lazy and detached he is while Sunero is someone you can actually relate to and visibly goes insane until he goes full circle, stops thinking, goes existential then finally obtains enlightenment.

>retard can't into basic theory of knowledge
"HURR DURR IT OBJECTIVELY HAPPENS BECAUSE THE SCENARIO I MADE UP MYSELF SAYS SO" is not convincing.
If I told you I stopped time, assfucked you x9999, then used my super duper powers to erase all evidence and consequences of the act, would you believe it?
>inb4 yes

It doesn't matter, but sure, he does experience the 500 million years. I will repeat, it doesn't matter, because that 500 million years to him on earth happens in less than a micro-second.

Practical reality is you experiencing something and then forgetting it happened. Theoritical horseshit is pretending that it doesn't happen because you forget it happened.

>it doesn't happen because you forget it happened.
That's the practical result, what about this is so hard to get for you?

But Sonic 3 and Knuckles is already free?

Attached: 1657380175636.png (400x430, 4.35K)

if you had the power to also magically cause a perfect video game to release on command, I'd be inclined to believe you desu

Based. In the palm of my hands as well.

Why the fuck would that mean it never happened? You still experience it, you just forget about it afterwards.

But imagine that you could then have Sonic 4. and knuckles

memory is the entire basis of your being. if you were magically split into two exact copies of yourself you would not be the same person because your memories now diverge.
your memories and consciousness from before the button press continue into the 500m year void making the you that decides whether or not to press the button the one who has to suffer while the post-press post-void you who has no memories of your suffering gains the benefits.

>pressing the button for fucking sonic 4
Imagine sitting on that one for half a billion years

Attached: 1642682398120.gif (220x220, 1.32M)

If you had a tiny clone of hitler would you press a button to torture him for 500 million years? Keep in mind he won't remember any of it.

Attached: 1658114748810674.jpg (702x702, 76.81K)

Capture him... how?

for teh luls, sure

no he didn't do anything

But he's a clone with all of his memories

But he thinks he did.

yes because he fucked up he world

That's not how clones work

why is he tiny

Can I just get a tiny waifu instead? I don't really care to torture a dead man who was most likely just a drug addled puppet.

Attached: 7acc65dc4e72970bc466b79524dc815d.jpg (1000x1000, 314.68K)

I hate that when this discussion happened on Any Forums, nobody else pointed it out. You're basically creating a new version of yourself just to suffer for you and will eventually cease to exist, making everything meaningless.

i want to try it
does it have to be ping pong balls? what can i use instead?

Reminder that piece of shit isn't even supposed to be called Sonic 4.

who was in the wrong?

But this one does, in his thoughts and mind he thinks he did.

and then you forget about it so after 500 millions years it means nothing to you

this but she's normal sized
how can i cuddle with my waifu if she's the size of a phone

I wanna see what dreaming for 500 million years looks like.

Chris, obviously.

Anyone who thinks 500 million years of agonising torture is fine because they won't remember it afterwards is genuinely retarded.

DD and Matt were obsessing over word choice when that obviously wasn't the point of Chris's hypothetical. They got hung up over a useless detail. Chris should've just said if you had tiny Hitler, no clone mentioned.

I'd press the button in front of you over and over again.

The answer is obviously no.
Regardless of how high and mighty and epic you may think you are, and regardless of whether or not you remember what happened, the fact of the matter is you're still experiencing what is happening in that moment.
People here on this plane can barely exist for a few days in complete and utter isolation, you think you could deal with 500 million years?
Fucking retard.
This is analogous to me asking you the same question except instead of an empty void, you just get tortured and "killed."
Doesnt fucking matter that youre not actually dead or that you wont recollect those memories once you return to your homeplane, you still feel the torture and pain.

Attached: 1334888907018.png (182x211, 88.36K)

This is essentially the teletransportation dilemma but with extra steps.

*makes 1.000 dollars appear in front you*
You jelly?

*beats you up and steals your money*
You don't remember me beating you up, that means its fine.

see

Actually I do.
*files a police report against you and gets you arrested*
Enjoy 5 years in solitude that you WILL remember.

I have no inner monologue so I'd be fine.

>press button
>Become the fucking buddha incarnate after a measly 1000 years of meditation
>Vibrate out of your pocket dimension after mastering astral projection year 250 million and liberate the outside world from samsara
>Have to fight other demigod selves from your retard version pressing the button the entire morning

This. Only power could be worth it. At my worst, in the back of my mind, I'd be thinking "all this shit will go away" or "I can change everything, this is my ultimate trial, think of what the world could be and that will be the sunrise waiting at the end".

The biggest wake up call is that 500 mil yen is like $3.50

anything as long as it covers your eyes perfectly, cotton is a common replacement

An egregious amount of money might be the only situation where this stupid hypothetical would be worth experiencing, since it directly affects your ability to live on your current plane afterwards.
That being said, I doubt many, if any people would be stupid enough to let themselves be brutally murdered, tortured, raped, etc, inside a psychic void zone for money.

>with nothing to do but think by yourself
I'd create a tulpa in days and then I'd just go schizo mode until it's time to come back.

How could i be mad at tiny Hitler?

I'd press the button but I want to keep my memory.
That fucking guy actually transcended humanity after suffering enough, I want to do that, too.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Attached: 2.jpg (590x477, 34.25K)

>since it directly affects your ability to live on your current plane afterwards.
Proof?

cotton works great, i did it with a sock and an xbox controller on top so i wouldn't look stupid

What do you mean proof? Money directly affects your ability to live a good life.

This, exactly. The theory of it being “oh it never happened since you don’t remember” is horseshit. It still happened, the question is does it matter if you don’t remember

how can you prove that everytime you type a key in your keyboard it doesn't magically transports your consciousness to avoid for 500 million years? how can you prove that happens?also, how can you prove it DOESN'T happen? it's schrodinger cat all over again. i happened but also didn't, because no one can prove either case.
if you want to get phylosophical, the past (You) is a different person the (You) NOW, as you are a different person from the future (You), since all share different memories and experiences. it doesn't matter, that's how time flows. if the past (You) spent 500 million years that present (You) doesn't record, then where's the problem, exactly? that's just the flow of time with extra steps, it changes nothing.

Why the fuck would I suffer so others can enjoy free shit at my expense?
Hell no. Only way I'd push that button is if only I could access that game, and a few select others of my choosing.

This assumes your body retains a normal state in the void, since the entire proposal would be meaningless if you died from hunger or thirst immediately. So I wonder, would you go insane or would that somehow be prevented too?

See I subscribe to the idea that you are still the same existence regardless of your memory.

See I work neuro icu, I’ve seen someone come out of a coma (medically induced) with permanent memory loss (which is wildly rare btw unlike what tv shows you). They’re still the same person, just without the memories

>ask someone else to press the button

Easy.

>how can you prove that everytime you type a key in your keyboard it doesn't magically transports your consciousness to avoid for 500 million years?
false equivalence because you're told about the button beforehand. i can't choose to not press my keboard keys for fear of an absolute threat of torture but you are made full aware of the effects of the button.

and how can you prove that pressing that button actually does teleports your consciousness elsewhere? how do you know if it's a prank or not?

by that logic you can't prove there's a reward either so the only logical answer is to never press the button.

Prove that the world we live in is real.
Prove that you're not a robot
Prove....
Such a pointless and stupid train of logic. The absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence.

but the kid in the video saw his friend get the money. it HAS a reward. but how do you know if the "catch" is real?
you can't, because if you could, then you'd have to remember it, and as it is stated, you don't.

prove it wasn't all planned ahead of time. there's no way to fully trust your friend.

if you don't remember, and there are no consequences, then it didn't happened. get over it.

Actual retard.

>kid presses button multiple times
>wins big money and free vidya
cool, let's try that
>press button multiple times
>nothing happens

>kid presses button multiple times
cool, let's try that
>press button multiple times
>nothing happens
>gotcha it was all a prank

>nothing happens

Attached: humm.jpg (334x334, 32.11K)

i was tricked into pressing a button, oh noes.
at least i get to enjoy vidya with my bros.

Attached: saul goodman.gif (498x317, 2.7M)

Watch the video

No, someone else can just do it and the game will come out anyway, not my problem

L O V E
L O V E

Attached: 90724260_p0.jpg (617x926, 339.11K)

what?
>press button
>get reward
or
>press button
>nothing happens
there is no reason not to press the button

This really got moved to fucking Any Forums lmfao

You would go completely insane after a few hundred days in isolation so no. Plus, I don't even get enough free time to play the video games I already have let a new one.

i would only do it if i could remember the 500 million years
500 millino years of WISDOM.

Attached: 6766283-HSC00001-7.jpg (770x962, 103.66K)