What's the fucking point of an AMD gpu?

no cuda.

Attached: 1589558471143.png (261x193, 57.44K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/ROCm-Developer-Tools/HIP
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

to scam white kids

>what is opencl

Stable difussion doesn't run on it.

>better price to performance
>more VRAM
>better power efficiency
>better overclocking tools and headroom
>better linux drivers
I'm sure you could come up with more reasons. NVIDIA GPUs are only relevant for datacenters and gullible kids.

linux drivers

What do you use CUDA for? Not what does Google use CUDA for, not what do AI scam startups use CUDA for, what do you use CUDA for?

stable difussion.

It works with ROCm.

its not nvidia

to avoid potential headaches on linux. though to be fair idk if it has gotten better over the years, and quite frankly i dont give a fuck

blender renders

Show us some of your work. If you don't have anything to show, it doesn't matter.

>no CUDA

AMD has their own platform.

github.com/ROCm-Developer-Tools/HIP

Attached: 16688128.png (400x400, 36.51K)

Nvidia's Linux drivers are nowhere near AMD and Intel's.

two run two os's

Strong rasterization performance (stronger than Nvidia GPUs at the same price point), which means they're very good for video games. Nvidia is a little stronger in ray tracing, but only one of the games I play even has that, and it's not the crazy top-tier stuff anyway, so the AMD GPU has no problems with it.

AMD drones coping is always the funniest shit ever. Just because YOU have no need for Acura doesn’t mean there aren’t people who do.

In other words, stop projecting, silly useless NEET.

anyone who needs floating instead of fixed point (fucking why?)

The question was: "What do you use CUDA for?" (emphasis on "you").
Your answer: "Blender renders".

So, show us some of your Blender renders. It's clearly very important to you. Should be pretty simple if you're not a mindless shill parroting NVIDIA's talking points about their stupid gimmicks.

(of course, ROCm works fine in Blender, but we both know we're well into theoretical territory by now. You don't use CUDA for anything.)

CUDA is genuinely good though. It pains me every day that my choice is between being able to run CUDA stuff (like waifu2x upscaling video filter to turn any anime into 4k), or having a working driver (Linux).

gaymers don't care

Attached: 1597762633222.jpg (850x855, 255.17K)

You can run waifu2x on Vulkan compute. Probably works fine with ROCm too. Yes, CUDA is good, but the point is that you don't need it. You don't buy a GPU based on features you don't use.

>waifu2x
For me it’s cupscale