/umpcg/ - Ultra mobile PC general

OG Edition

In this thread we discuss handhelds, mini laptops and any other mobile x86 machines.

>google sheet for current and upcoming gaming handhelds
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1irg60f9qsZOkhp0cwOU7Cy4rJQeyusEUzTNQzhoTYTU

>best productivity model
GPD pocket 3
>best gaming model
Steam Deck
>best SoC at this point in time
Ryzen 7 6800U

OP is considering getting the AYN loki max not sure yet but it seems like a solid deal and I could use a low power machine for the coming electricity prices.

Attached: 1642177404362.jpg (640x480, 136.7K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hFUef5OdmOU
desuarchive.org/g/thread/87945615/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I'm considering getting a powerful handheld that would double as a 4K media center and with a lapdock a replacement for my current laptop. How good is linux compatibility with these tiny PCs?

wtf. that is the most detailed excel spreadsheet I've ever seen. Good job if you did it OP

I found it somewhere and yeah it's pretty crazy but exactly what my autism craves.

Add this shitstain to the list of dead handhelds.

Attached: zQhma.jpg (923x1024, 144.95K)

it's a masterpiece of autismal beauty

What is that and why is the description a lorem ipsum?

Looks like this thing:
youtube.com/watch?v=hFUef5OdmOU

shoutouts to last UMPC thread

desuarchive.org/g/thread/87945615/

x86 on 5-7nm chip phone when

These things are ridiculous. You can't type on that keyboard. You can't game on a shitty controller like the steam kek, that's just a gimped version of a keyboard and mouse.
Just use your phone and install phone games that are actually made to be played on such a device.

Phone games are donat trash. Im wanna play old win PC strategies and shooters with gyro

fact is, controllers are a shit way of playing games. in reality even games "designed for controller" play better on kbm than on an actual controller. maybe it requires an input mod to the game to fix some retarded designs but ultimately the potential of kbm is way higher than stupid controllers. especially once you start adding tons of custom buttons to your gaming mouse.

God I just want a programming machine that I can put on my pocket, the GPD pocket 3 is too thick but it seems nice (but the deal breaker for me is the 11th gen Intel, go AMD or go home)
If anyone has any recommendation, I would love to know

thanks for the bump
Why not intel if programming is what you want it for? The market is currently in switch clone/steam deck mode so keyboard models are few and far between.

Phone games are trash and always will be.

This is the optimal UMPC design and we need a proper sequel.

Attached: 1656305570195.jpg (500x500, 63.53K)

Performance/Watt is shit

For me, it's the Raspberry Pi 4 with 4 GB of RAM.

Attached: raspberry-pi-4-usb.jpg (1500x900, 146.21K)

I like UMPCs. My science computer is a GPD WIN 3 and I have a DevTerm coming some time in the next couple weeks. I comfortably code and write on the GPD with the slide out keyboard.

The only problem I have with the machine is that after it sleeps and then wakes back up, the right joystick will start having problems where it will suddenly ignore my input for a couple seconds, and random keyboard keys will stop working while others will start generating random keypresses (usually page up for whatever reason).

If I reboot it, goes back to working flawlessly, until next time the machine sleeps, so I have a workaround, but how do I permanently fix this?

Attached: 1660792719928911.jpg (885x969, 94.62K)

change the setting so it doesnt go to sleep