/iemg/ & /pmpg/ - In-Ear Monitor & Portable Music Player General

This thread is for the discussion of portable media players and in-ear monitors.

• /iemg/ Recommends HackMD:
hackmd.io/@AyPeeEye/S1sNUVosu

• Extensive PMP Guide:
azalush5.hatenablog.com/entry/2022/01/dap-comparison-2022-01

• Why use a PMP instead of a phone?
>better DAC/AMP
>more output power so it can drive higher impedance headphones
>smaller sizes than phones for activities like exercise
>physical buttons
>headphone jacks
>some people can't use smartphone at work/use dumbphones

• How to request advice:
>Budget
>Source (phone or PMPs)
>Location
>Kind (in-ears or earbuds)
>Sound Signature (or genres you like, important!)
>Past gear and your thoughts on them (important!)

/iemg/ IEM Hall of Fame:
• Before you click the link below, remember to be wary of Chu because it has pos (piece of shit) QC (quality control), get Quarks or Aria SE instead
hackmd.io/@AyPeeEye/S1sNUVosu#Hall-of-Fame
• Aria Snow Edition (Aria with better QC but different tuning) - 80$
• KZ ESX(Blon-03 with better soundstage but slightly worse timbre, also heavier) - 20$

/iemg/ Earbuds Hall of Fame:
hackmd.io/@AyPeeEye/S1sNUVosu#Hall-of-Fame1

/pmp/ Hall of Fame:
• Your phone
• Hiby R3 Pro / Pro Saber
• Sony NWA-55 + Mr Walkman mod
• Fiio M11+

/USB/BT DAC/ Hall of Fame:
• Tempotec Sonata HD Pro
• e1da 9038s/d
• Qudelix 5K
• Abigail CX31993

/TWS/ Hall of Fame:
• none (because people keep asking)
scarbir.com/

Old thread:

Attached: 1661398693176.png (1500x1100, 395.99K)

I tried the S12 and they were dogshit, you nerds lied to me.

Is the Aria Snow a good upgrade from the Chu, purely in terms of sound? Or should i spring ahead to the Katos or something else?

Despite making up 13% in iem market coomdrop makes up 52% of qc issues

Attached: IMG_20220627_211230.jpg (1080x1658, 358.69K)

It's a V-shaped treble cannon, if you don't want that ofc it'll sound "bad" retard

Yes I own both. Aria SE BTFOs Chu. Chu is so mediocre/poor that I prefer several cheap IEMs such as KZ EDA Balanced over them. I donut own Kato so I cannot first-hand tell you the "upgrade" that they represent. But as far as frequency response, Aria SE is like 95% similar to Kato. The more justifiable upgrade is Blessing2 because of the 1DD+4BA configuration

man, what happened to that HBB iem. i forget the name now even it's been a while after it was supposedly soon(tm). the black & gold flecked one

The one that looked like some GSAUDIO g3da rebrand? idk.
I wish that chinks dared to develop an in house sound besides copying harman.

ah here it is. 1 month ago, supposedly $35 set, no further info :/

Attached: hbb-maka-preview-min.png (1920x1080, 1.25M)

this guy just shilled the mahina

reminder that the CCA CRA is a good set

Threadly reminder that
>CCA CRA is superseded by KZ EDA Balanced
>Moondrop Chu is superseded by 7Hz Zero
>CX31993 is superseded by Apple dongle/Jcally JM10

reminder that anything kz shits out isn't worth buying

kek, based op

I've been using Kato's for a few months now.
They're okay. I really don't get the hype. I personally don't feel they justify the price.
>inb4 someone accuses me of having poorfag ears or playing 128kbps mp3's ripped from kazaa

Attached: 1414725312149.jpg (560x407, 43.91K)

Just b yourself
Tbh there's literally 0 justification in spending more than 100 bucks on iem

Attached: 2k dollars iem unboxing experience.jpg (1080x1427, 614.7K)

>Tbh there's literally 0 justification in spending more than 100 bucks on iem
Yeah, I kind of agree. People will take issue with this statement but I honestly had more of a wow factor with a pair of kz-zsn pros that I got for 40 bucks vs 260 for the Kato's (kangaroo coins). I still can't quite figure out of it's the sound profile or not but there's no wow factor here for me. They sound "fine".

this shitty meme was made by the same guerilla-marketing firm OP works for

Attached: Veruca+james+lets+try++_69f88df843843d43ba8de027675def4d.jpg (720x687, 97.32K)

I think Kato is just in that weird spot where it's barely an upgrade from the Aria since they're both 1DD, and while it is "better" you're probably better off saving up for the dusk if you want a noticeable upgrade

Is the EB2S good or should I just pay the extra and go for the LBBS?

Currently I'm using a cable from fdbro with some noname DAC. Out of all dongle-cables I tried so far this one influences the FR the least, has plenty of volume, doesn't hiss and doesn't clip. Its only problem is when you're playing sine tones near 20k above 25 volume it produces some crackling which is common for cheap DACs. Also it doesn't have a mic but the phone thinks it does and tries using it in phone calls, I solved it by making a magisk module to disable USB mics. I have another cable with noname DAC which was just worse in every way, a cable with a ESS DAC that I returned because it didn't work at all and ordered 3 more cables, two of which specify their DACs. I've seen a cable using cx31993 but since I already tried it in a dongle form and didn't like it I decided not to buy it. Overall they're mostly miss. When/if I upgrade my stereo system I'll make a cable out of my meizu hifi pro that I'm currently using as my PC DAC.

Attached: PXL_20220808_105014647.jpg (3000x4000, 2.85M)

> They sound "fine".
It's because they are tuned to ief+bass target

Try this and -5db preamp
This is somewhat close to harman 2017/df with bass/mh755/kbear ink. Brighter and less "just ok"

Also if you'll hear some sibilance try this
Pk 12000hz, -3db, Q 1

Attached: 1661414415817.png (2048x559, 175.95K)

If you're deaf, sure.

>image
lol
the leftist/shill can't meme
probably the cringest wokak meme I ever seen

I typically tend to avoid EQ if I can but I'll give this a shot and play around with them some more. Thanks user.