The year is 2077

>the year is 2077
>You install linux on your machine
>still no thumbnails in the file picker

Attached: 1644276258997.png (700x1080, 596.17K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gtk/-/merge_requests/4829
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I use KDE, so there *are* thumbnails in my file picker.

>the year is 2077
>linux is still a kernel

nvidia drivers broke my system again :(

>xdg-desktop-portal
>jump through a million hoops
>finally get thumbnails
>browser crashing for unrelated modern-browser-build reasons

you can't even use the xdg-desktop-portal thing anymore unless you use gtk debug packages, they changed it cause gnomohomo really doesn't want you to have thumbnails in file picker
gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gtk/-/merge_requests/4829

yeah what the fuck is up with that? picrel is my linux mint KDE when i try to upload an image in a browser
pretty much all the functionality of dolphin is missing and im told i need to use alt + l to search for files, when i search for an image named what i want i click it and it completely closes the file browser to upload the image instead of at least letting me right click and view image location
linux is too autistic and also outdated for me to stick with it kek windows explorer has been doing this basic shit for decades

Attached: no menu bar.png (1514x107, 15.51K)

>the year is 2077
>you still don't fucking name your goddamn image filenames something logical so you can fucking find them without having a baby "find the picture" interface
I turn off that shit even in Windows because I'm not fucking 3 years old and want my computer to slow to a crawl because it has to generate 2TB of fucking thumbnails just to find a goddamn image

Even better:
>the year is 2077
>you still haven't learned to drag and drop from nautilus
It's that fucking easy. This is a non-issue.

>generate 2tb of thumbnails
what planet do you live on where its normal to just have 2tb of images sitting plain in a folder and not organized into subfolders? you linux fuckers arent normal kek

you would be a hero if you implemented this at this point, so how the fuck has no one done it?

Because no one cares outside of petty internet fights on Any Forums. One person has made a half-assed attempt and it was rejected because the code quality was shit and there was no promise of future maintenance.

plenty of people already added it but GFOOT maintainers dont want to merge it becuase they hate their users

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (1104x728, 402.07K)

Don't look at me, you wintoddlers are the ones bitching about having to go through your 50 trillion frog images without thumbnails so obviously you're the ones with the 2tb of images in one DIRECTORY.
(Fuck any fucking asshole who calls them "folders". What a goddamn stupid name.)

>open file manager
>drag n drop image

This is only true if you have two monitors or enough space to have a side file manager visible every time you need it. Else it's not a simple drag and drop. Also sometimes I like opening the file picker just to get inspiration on what to post.

firefox has thumbnails on kde. granted, you have to use a patch firefox to use the QT file picker. i just use firedragon since its librewolf but with KDE integration out of the box.

Attached: Screenshot_20220824_214109.png (1304x1028, 420.13K)

well i wasn't ever going to be using gnome, i just use it for gtk-requiring-things which basically means browser. arch even has an lxqt impl packaged nowadays, though you gotta jump through some AUR hoops to dodge other gnome cancers.

>open file manager on top of browser
>hover over browser to focus it
>drop file
???

>Fuck any fucking asshole who calls them "folders". What a goddamn stupid name.
linux tranny detected
I will call folders folders and there is nothing you can do about it
I was just wondering, if you run the windows version of a browser inside WINE, does its file picker have thumbnails? Maybe that's the solution to freetard's woes. Just run the Windows version.

>decorations only for gnome apps
>make fonts look like shit
>no thumbnails
what can you do when corporate bitches like this sabotage the ecosystem

Attached: faggot.png (157x135, 37.42K)