Need your help Any Forums

>Air M1 base: 1084 eur but 8 gigs is 8 gigs, swaps are good and I don't care if the ssd dies after 5 years
>Air M1 16 gb ram: 1291 eur, seems decent, but 1300 eur for a 2 year old laptop feels tough
>Air M1 16 gb ram 512gb: 1498 eur
>Air M2 base: 1384 eur, 1 channel ssd is apple trying to jew me
>Air M2 512 gb: 1614 eur still only 8 gigs of ram
>Air M2 16 gb ram 512 gb: 1821 eur at this point might as well add 200 and go pro for the better screen and fans
>Pro M1 Pro base 16 ram 512: 2024 eur
Say I have the money, and I'm currently wagecucking and don't have a desktop but an old gaymer laptop that's still snappy as fuck because windows ltsc and 0 bloat but the battery is shit.
But what I could use is something to also do leetcode problems on since I'm at like 120 but going at it casually with no method, and here having a touch screen seems like a plus to think through problems, I currently use pen and paper or mspaint, but I commute 3 hours a day in public transportation (like a good europoor goyim), during which I think on paper but code on my phone.
The other alternative is to stop being a consoomer faggot and just keep doing it this way, or maybe buy some cheap lenovo tablet with a cheap amazon stylus and a keyboard.
>inb4 modded thinkpad, fell for this meme in 2017
>inb4 buy what fits your needs
I'm asking about your opinion on how good those ifag machines are

Attached: 1593474098551.jpg (800x533, 252.08K)

>windows
>0 bloat

how old are you

ifags machines are garbage
why would you spend 2000 usd on potential dogshit? jay is this you?

Well I did my best but I'm sure I missed some shit.
30, made money in the 2021 bullrun so paid for a master for compsci but held my shitcoins and here we are after -90% and 6 months of 3 hours of commute a day.
And here in europe you basically need a masters to get any decent job, and by decent I mean 45k eur a year before the taxman takes his chunk.

bought an m1 air 8/512, shit is insane. battery and performance are god tier
16 gigs is probably a waste of money for you because only few people who do extreme shit like Lightrooming large photos or rendering 4k videos need it (and you can do it perfectly fine with 8)
there is not enough boost between m1 and m2 to pay for it that much to be honest, especially if you don't develop heavy shit (your old laptop handles it)
also
>touchbar
and every m2 has it

id say go for m1 pro 8gb or just by an air lol. they are easy resellable anyway so you can easily get money for like M4

>16 gigs is probably a waste of money for you
I heard macos uses lots of ram by itself for useless shit you can't turn off, that's why I asked.
Also can't I get by 8/256 ? I'll keep all my media on external ssd's and only use the laptop's storage for apps and code files and meme pics.

>I heard macos uses lots of ram by itself for useless shit you can't turn off,
yes it does
that faggot just has no clue

MBA M1 256GB SSD 16GB RAM is currently $1099 at bhphotovideo.com, ask a friend to buy it from US or use a dropshipping service. Do NOT buy a Mac with less than 16GB memory

> I heard macos uses lots of ram by itself for useless shit you can't turn off, that's why I asked.
nigga i have a 8gb air with a lot of chrome tabs and clion, everything is smooth as fuck
cope

I'm not sure how advanced you are but Would suggest a X220 running Arch, install i3 and Polybar. Save the rest of your cash for something more useful than just paying for an Apple logo.

>thinks $1k is for Apple logo.
nigger I'd pay double just not to endure shitty stinkpad screens, trackpads, flexy plastic bodies and hinges.
>recommends x220 in 2022
that shit will struggle to render this thread, there's a reason businesses dump them 3 years in by the truckload on fags like you. Keep browsing ebay for that 2640M and pat yourself for having The Last Good Computer with socketed processors. This meme is for running cracked car diagnostics software at best not general computing.

You can literally do everything you would do on your Crapple laptop for a fraction of the price. Plus core boot + upgrade RAM yourself. You're literally just paying for the Apple logo on the back, and for a machine that you can't upgrade or get parts for.

you're the type of person that rides his 49cc honda scooter in the rain and feels smug because of low mpg

Why are you so insistent on getting a Mac? It's literally a worse product. Name one thing you can do better on it than a used Thinkpad?
Why would you pay MORE to be able to do LESS. No upgrades, expandability, etc. Plus you're spied on. Why do you think that's a good deal?
You're clearly not an advanced computer user and just a norm larper.

>Why are you so insistent on getting a Mac?
because he is jay
stop bumping the thread

He's obviously wrong though. Since when was buying a Crapple laptop with its toy OS ok on Any Forums?

>Since when was buying a Crapple laptop with its toy OS ok on Any Forums?
since fucking forever
these consoomerist faggots have been around for years, it's not certainly a new thing

>screen and PPI
>full day battery
>useable trackpad
>build quality
>resell value

fags like you buy 200 machines and keep them forever, forever cucked with a subpar product. Chads like me buy the best, use for a year or so and and resell for 80% and just get the latest thing. That's my upgrade path faggot - not screwing around swapping socketed CPUs and shit. Even if I didn't resell the price is 2 workdays earnings for me for a Mac, your mentality and fixation on price gives away that $150 x220 is more than 2 days for you.
>you're spied on
I'm not a pedo, don't care about aggregate deanonymized stats stored somewhere FAGMAN engineers can't access. Government spies on you already btw.

>baiting so aggressively
don't you see i already pointed it out, jay? what are you trying to achieve? they don't even pay you to do it

>screen and PPI
x220 can be upgraded to 1080p
>full day battery
Are you sitting in the park developing?
>useable trackpad
All trackpads are trash, the trackpoint is much superior. Also you should be using keybindings in a tiling WM.
>build quality
Thinkpads are known for their build quality. More durable than a Mac that will fall apart in a few months.
>resell value
Why not just buy a good laptop instead of having to constantly sell / but new ones?

I'm trying to save someone from falling for your lies that thinkshit is in any way comparable to Apple products, that's my karmic debt and I don't need to be paid to do it

>thinkshit is in any way comparable to Apple products
it is not, because they are not even in the same category
apple is a fashion accessory intended to be attractive in a quick peek, thinkpad is a busyness workstation intended to be comfortable to use

This. One is a toy to fit in and flex social status and the other is a tool designed to get the job done.

I had thinkshits and can compare, you on the other hand are just parroting what other pedo autists on this site say. Go to any software dev company that doesn't require windows and you'll see 80+% Apple hardware on SWE desks by choice. Keep coping tho.
>thinks anyone cares about your phone or computer choice in 2022 to consider it flexing.
sigh