Git hate thread

>ruins software development

Attached: 1_Wjxx83j-qyiNvFBy1yOA1w.jpg (910x548, 37.88K)

back to india sir

using a git command for the first time should give a warning and open the manual in a browser

FUCK GIT

Attached: ahem.jpg (254x198, 5.96K)

Whats wrong with it?

The biggest design flaw of git is that it was written by a WHITE man. This alone makes it impossible to comprehend by the pajeets, mutts and negroes of the modern day.

git makes software development possible

What do you propose instead? Everyone just writes their own code in their own file?

When the majority of users have to use a GUI to barely comprehend the convoluted overengineered autism-fest that is Git, for something as simple as fucking version control - there's a LOT wrong with it. You are just better off doing manual version control in most cases.

Everybody copy-pastes their code into a google doc over one another, and then argue about changes in the document comments

Attached: 1661371798086.jpg (500x500, 144.27K)

mercurial should've won but it didn't have linus

So people are retarded? That's your issue? Not my problem.

its interface is unpredictable. between different commands, arguments are moved around and resolved differently. variable numbers of positional arguments where the user is required to memorize their order.

lukewarm take: the only reason git is popular is because millennials duckling'd onto it.

mercurial has a very similar data model and a much cleaner interface. so even if it's not perfect, it does prove that git is trash.

>On github
>Want to get a projects documentation with some sub pages
>Just a small pdf for personal reference
>Right lets use html ripper A...B...C...nope 9 gigs of pages and junk and shit and trying to download github
>Just download the repo brah
JESUS HERALD CHRIST

That's how it works in most businesses

>t. filtered by git merge

Lock it. Lock it now. This is the friendliest message I'm going to send, while I look for ways to get OP banned from Github for gross social misconduct. I imagine that "owner of bots universe" might be enough to get that account tagged as a bot, who knows how many communities across however many repositories that person just bothered across all of Github.

I made my own utility and it saves versions as separate entries in the database. Still prefer just increasing the version number on a new file, as a hobbyist who never worked in a team I find git overengineered.
>nooooo you must use the giterinos

are you actually retarded?
also git =/= github

Attached: file.png (220x123, 2.27K)

summer Any Forums at it's finest
If you are so braindead you can just use Sublime Merge or JetBrains' git GUIs.

I said I made my own tool which uses a cli also, retard. It's still easier to just add a number at the end, no need to overcomplicate things.

>so even if it's not perfect, it does prove that git is trash.
Atlassian would like to have a word with you. Bitbucket was literally created for mercurial and basically doesn't even support it anymore in favor of git.

I know.
I hate git.
gitless > git

cvs was comfy. git (flow) cli is a desaster

i want you to reread my post then tell me how your reply has any bearing on it whatsoever.

any alternatives that don't need a phone number?

host it yourself