How can I help you user?

How can I help you user?

I recently got out of a dark place in my life, and I want to hear how you've been.

Attached: therapist.jpg (614x389, 57.75K)

i'm trying to build a social life from nothing at 30+
learned helplessness is hampering me like crazy.
want to try dating apps but everything i read says its a shit money trap. I've always hated having my picture taken and all the apps require 6 photos all the thread stress how its a crap shoot and photos are you only small hope. I know i making profile even with shit photos would be a step in the right direction but can't bring myself to do it. i want to ask for help but its pathetic to be asking family/friend for help on dating at 30+

Good to hear fellow person.
I too feel fortunate but just enough to eat and sleep well. Which is appreciated. I think I'm ready to end but the energy inside is just happy to get to experience moments. I think the nature of the universe of energy and the humor of it all. The contradiction is people who are ready to go are just avoiding the situation they can't let go it. This is fundemental letting go of attachment. The Tao is a whole other thing. Practice being kind.

Here, read these two books:

"The Charisma Myth"
"How to Win Friends and Influence People"

Fuck dating apps, they're bullshit, and you need to be hyper attractive to truly get anything out of it. Most girls use it for attention.

If you want to meet women, go walking around a public area, like a mall, and if you see a girl, ask for her number. It is a numbers game, and the less forced your delivery is, the better.

I like the way you think user, I would say my perception of life is very similar.

It's setting in how touch starved I am; I never had a hs sweetheart to hold, and who would tell me it's all gonna be ok.
My youthful innocence is pretty much gone, now I'm just a depressed fuck adult.
I'm probably not gonna meet girls anymore, especially if I start working trades. I refuse to use Tinder/dating sites. Maybe that makes me a faggot but I don't care, that's fucking cheating.
It's not even about the sex, I just wanna be held, and have someone to hold.

Attached: 1650249248305.png (600x600, 185.48K)

You restrict yourself because of these arbitrary lines you draw.

The lack of touch as a youth has made you the person you are today, and you need to love yourself so you can love your past.

As for meeting women, you don't need to use dating apps, they don't really work. Most women are never approached in public, and if you ask for their number, so long that you aren't incel-tier ugly, you will likely get it.

You have to add value to yourself until you reach a point where someone finds you worthy of being held. Unfortunately, that is the reality we live in.

This hit hard

Attached: 1621227159142.png (688x657, 375.96K)

I can't stop cooming.

Attached: 1658399822655236.jpg (474x266, 18.57K)

It hurts even more knowing I could've had a chance with some grils had I just shot the shot. But instead I had to be a socially inept autistic fuck.
I want my past back. I miss being a carefree high school kid. I miss not giving a damn about grils. Why couldn't I have kept that mindset instead of stewing in bitter contempt over what could've been?
Glad to know I'm not the only one

Attached: 1654636643484.gif (500x717, 852.08K)

>Why couldn't I have kept that mindset instead of stewing in bitter contempt over what could've been?
Bitterness is a choice

>DON'T BE BITTER; JUST IGNORE IT
It's difficult man

No I'm not saying ignore it. I'm saying to accept that you have pain and try to live with it. Treat it like a wound or a broken finger.

it's difficult man

I know.

i've been trying to walk around and talk to people on my breaks at work at sometimes. instead of spending it all in my rather isolated locker room.
some very tiny successes but most people are headphones in head down at phone.
there are people/employees at the entrances (thanks covid) but i hate being a bother while their working.

similarly the food court is largely empty except for phone users who clearly aren't looking to talk.

It might be easier to ignore if I had friends who I could hang out with, but all my friends are either still in college or are too busy at work to want to hang out.
All my hobbies I do to distract from the pain of being lonely is solo shit, since I'm interested in a lot of things my friends aren't which only adds to the loneliness.

you cant, I have to help myself. i need money, lots of it, I have to put in my time to get all I need. I hate myself and am a fucking loser, I love to be alone and I hate people too. I guess I am misanthropic.

Restless.

>up at 2am
>considering getting drunk instead of sleeping
>not alcoholic but give it a few months
>no cause, no reason
>wish time would stop so I could collect my thoughts
>literally wish i could do nothing

Not as in, I'm too unmotivated. I'm considering a vipassana retreat or something to get out of this. I don't even want to sleep and I'm tired.

Bump

just talk to people at your work. its not super socially acceptable to just walk up and start conversations unless you have a solid reason [theyre wearing a tshirt with media that you recognize, youre both in line for coffee, etc].