Opinions on therapists?

Does anyone have any experience or opinions on therapists, specifically with depression or anger issues? Everyone I've talked to recommends it, but I find it hard to believe therapists do it for any reason other than a paycheck.

Pic for attention.

Attached: 1643683700542m.jpg (768x1024, 68.63K)

What's the problem with someone being financially motivated to do their job?

Legit the best decision I’ve ever made. Someone gets paid to listen to what’s wrong with you and try to give you ways to help yourself. It’s insanely cash.

I went to a therapist years ago and it was no different than reading everything they read yourself.
They do it for the money, obviously.

OP here. I'm more worried about getting possibly shilled out of my money while they provide minimal, if any effort to help me

if you have to sit in a quiet room and talk about nonsense, at least pick the one with the biggest titties so you have something to help make the time go faster

Attached: 1587169134743.jpg (674x850, 162.36K)

but that's exactly what happens

Your fortune: キタ━━━━━━(゚∀゚)━━━━━━ !!!!

I liked both my therapists. As long as you're a good match, you get someone to vent to who has to listen to you and who can suggest things to help you be a better person.

Just set goals with him, what you actually want to achieve. Ok, anger issue? How long will it take? Great, let's do it. I've done it, I'm terribly depressed but I'm not following a constant therapy, more like twice a month when I feel like.. Other than that do it. It can help you out. I started to get drunk and do weird shit to my friends to the point I was embarrassed to see them again, rage and another dark side of me would show up in those moment, had to solve it no matter what. Went to therapy and now i can understand a lot.. You don't have the tools fag, just go, you'll see

>depression or anger issues
Main symptoms of c.s.a. good luck finding a competent therapist for this

I've gone to a therapist, and they can help you identify what's going on with you and give you advice for how to resolve it. You can also read psychology texts, but a therapist is worth a try as well. I think most of them like helping people, but they're also motivated by the money, like with any job

I visited a therapist for 3ish months last year, I'm a bit socially awkward and it was awful.

What is csa?

>but I find it hard to believe therapists do it for any reason other than a paycheck.
No shit Einstein, everyone does what they do for a paycheck.

That being said, if this is what's making you afraid, that you're just gonna be the ticket for some therapists kids to go to college then look for cheaper or free therapy. Just like doctors and hospitals offer some form of monetary help to people who can't afford or don't have insurance, you can also get help to get yourself some therapy.

Mind you, it's not as good as the guy you're gonna pay thousands of dollars, I would still recommend you find yourself a reputable therapist who specializes in your specific brand of Fucked in the Head, but at least by giving the bargain bin therapy a spin you'll find out if it's something you wanna do. Look at it like a test drive when you're buying a car.

You're gonna get a lot of Any Forumstards saying it's a scam, and others saying you absolutely need to go to one.
The truth is that whole there are different kinds of therapy, at their core a therapist is someone who has been trained to actively listen to a person when they talk, and knows how to guide someone through emotions they don't know how to handle. Therapy is only as good as the work you put into it, meaning actually doing what the therapist recommends.

Good luck, I met too many NPCs quoting motivational bullshit.

I am a therapist but I work in a psych population

Here’s my 2 cents… therapists are people. Some of them are good and actually are helpful and make you aware of things you didn’t even realize were wrong or bring up reasons why you may be a certain way. And some are full of shit pushing their political agendas after going woke and are riddled in so many issues they use the session to treat themselves.

It’s not a matter of therapy can be beneficial just a matter of finding a good one. Ps don’t mention politics in any of your sessions

>woke
wtf does that have to do with therapy?
there are exceptions but generally if someone brings up "woke" without being prompted, they are a huge obnoxious faggot.

user, if they are woke it’s got nothing to do with therapy and they are going to push their shit on you. They may be a therapist but they aren’t doing therapy so if they are woke… you don’t want to see them.

The world of therapy is becoming more woke every day which is flooding the field.

Hope that answers your question. No need to get all butt hurt

depends if you can accept help like that or not.

What does woke even mean?
You sound like the dude at work who wont stop screeching about libtards at the water cooler and you pray for him to walk into traffic.

talked to a therapist for depression after about three or four visits describing my problems she offered me pills she did not try to solve any of my personal problems.

do therapists even prescribe? i think that's psychiatrists