Do you think you're a good person? Why or why not? Genuine, introspective answers and trolls alike are welcome

Do you think you're a good person? Why or why not? Genuine, introspective answers and trolls alike are welcome.

Attached: innocent.jpg (800x533, 54.1K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/EvknN89JoWo
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What does it mean to be a good person, a duality exists in all of us. No one person is wholly good or bad. Example; Fritz Haber a German Scientist during WW1 era created chemicals and processes that led to hundred of thousands deaths but he is also responsible for saving the lives of trillions. Is Fritz good or bad?

youtu.be/EvknN89JoWo

Aristotle likens the man that holds all the correct ideals, virtues, and values...but doesn't act on them, to the sick man that listens very intently to his doctor but doesn't heed his advice. Just as the sick man won't get well, so is a virtuous man not good.

This is why most (at least 95%) of Christians are absolute unapologetic pieces of shit and nothing like the prophet they worship. If Jesus came down from heaven, the vast majority of Christians would fucking hate him and would likely attempt to assassinate him.

A great person to the ones I love or care about.

i think i am a good person. autism and depression makes me seem like i dont care tho

Let's keep in mind that Christians are the biggest cucks in the world being that they worship a fucking dead Jew lol. What retards.

Good and bad changes depending on the time period and culture.

Fritz isn't good or bad, Fritz is Fritz

No, but I'm trying to become one.

A good person? No, not at all, I only enjoy pleasing myself when I need, I take. Fuck people.

I mean, dropping all the fancy philosophical ponderance talk, Fritz's intentions were bad so he was bad. A duality exists in all of us, but the intention of your actions is the deciding factor.

This user knows what's up.

Overall no. I'm vindictive, envious, greedy, spiteful and largely self serving. However I think I get pretty close to loving people unconditionally and will pretty much excuse anything very close friends or romantic partners do to other people. So I'm a pretty bad person but I can be a good friend and boyfriend/husband.

This is an interesting one to think about. I'd argue not having the capacity or putting forth the effort to care about people outside of your bubble potentially makes you a bad person. At least on a societal level. Which begs the question: can someone be a good person while also being harmful to society? But I can certainly see the counter-argument to all of this.

I think Fritz is a bad example of this, because you could definitely find people at that time that thought Fritz was bad.
I personally believe in an objective, absolute good that people are doing a good job of refining despite traditional-values roadblocks.

You can love someone unconditionally while constructively pushing back against shitty things they do. I feel someone is a better friend to me if they don't enable my shitty moments. That may be a personal values thing though.

i don't care about being a good person. all that matters to me is making sure the one i love is happy. i could not give less of a shit about anybody else. this is how most people operate. they just don't like to admit it. i do.

Would you say most people are bad? How do you know you aren't just projecting your motives onto other people to make yourself feel better?

Bluntly, no. I think I'm successful at keeping it all from being noticed but I soaked up so much abuse as a child and later as an adolescent there's not really much to me except bitterness and vindictiveness under a bland exterior shell. Like 30-40% of a person trying to pass themselves off as a complete one maybe?

i didnt say i think im bad. i said most people only really care about their immediate circle, and while theres nothing wrong with that, i take it a step further. i only care about him and his needs, nobody elses. and im absolutely willing to sacrifice the many for the few if the few is him. which by normal moral standards would make me bad, but i dont care because none of them matter as much as he does.

I'm not a good person. I left my mom and sister to move 2 states away to live with my 2 brothers and to work with my dad, who cheated on my mom and even had his mistress living in the same house. My mom has psoriatic arthritis and most of her fingers can't really bend anymore and I'm over here helping my dad with his landlord business, additional asshole points for that.

My 2nd oldest brother keeps telling me to do something. Make a game, start drawing commissions, whatever, to just do something but all I do is just game everyday with my friend who I made when I lived with my mom. More evidence is that I'm starting to feel more and more attached to my friend to the point where some days where I don't play with him I'm miserable and when I do play with him I think I'm being annoying so after I get off I feel like an annoying asshole. I've get jealous whenever I see him in a VC with his other friends from school and college. It's gotten to the point where I wanna spend time with him but at the same time I don't because he should hanging out with his non-online friends more than me anyway, it's only natural he does since he actually meets up with them and hangs out and he should just leave me behind but at the same time he's the only friend I have and all my previous online friends have left me sooner or later that I'm so afraid of him leaving me just like all the others

On the topic of college, all I managed to do was a shitty 1 year tech school electrician course that will result in nothing since to get a license or just in general learn more about the trade, I'd have to go work for other electricians instead of helping my dad who says that working for someone else is the worst thing you can do.

Can't even kill myself because that would just make everyone in my life miserable probably

Yes, I put the shopping trolley back where it goes.

Are you a dude?

>I'm over here helping my dad with his landlord business
If it's any consolation that's the only part of it that might - not definitely, might - make you a bad person. Your dad seems like a real piece of shit but you already knew that.