Redesigning the NES for an assessment task. Are there any issues you have with the NES that I could fix in my redesign?

Redesigning the NES for an assessment task. Are there any issues you have with the NES that I could fix in my redesign?

Attached: s-l400.jpg (400x298, 19.12K)

Other urls found in this thread:

arcadeworks.net/products/blw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

rounded corners everywhere, but also switch A and B button for no reason, claim it's for better game support

Make it a top loader. Not a hardware thing but supposedly a lot of OG NES broke because people put drinks on top of it then spilled them on the console.
Pic unrelated

Attached: 1642401698567.jpg (778x1100, 635.22K)

>Make it a top loader

Attached: New_Famicom.jpg (800x600, 171.09K)

Now fix that controller; that button offset sucks ass

Obviously the save feature. Batteries on carts died and they were basically useless at that point.

no, make it even more offset

Don't use cheap metal in the cartridge connectors.
Moisture would rust them and make it hard to load the games correctly,

Pretty much everything wrong with the NES was either fixed by Nintendo with or by the SNES or by Sony with the Playstation.

lmao shut up nerd

Yea, put the a button directly above the b button.

Also OP don't use cheap plastic that yellows over time

Attached: nezz.jpg (800x600, 61.79K)

delete this and sue yourself

It's actually the internal 72 pin connector that's junk. The contacts flex every time you insert a game and eventually lost their springiness. They also used a cheap plating which would wear off and rust. You can buy new 72 pin connectors for $20 or you can buy a straight insertion conversion kit so you just have to insert the game but not have to push it down. People have also made right angle connectors but that involves cutting the top of the case.

You can buy tools to open the carts and replace the batteries.

suck my weiner

Attached: super-nezz.jpg (800x600, 61.65K)

including an everdrive (all games) through a sd (in the same console) ,rgb/hdmi output, 4 controllers for 4 play games, and remove the limit of sprites to eliminate flickering.

Attached: 1658726203220729.jpg (632x468, 57.13K)

the square edges on the controller always dug into my sweaty hands and left very uncomfortable indents after 12 hours of failing to save the princess in super mario. lease design a controller that doesn't do this.

you think you can improve on this? analogue.co/nt-mini
top load, NES and famicom carts, HDMI, 1080p upscaling, 4 controller ports

>or you can buy a straight insertion conversion kit so you just have to insert the game but not have to push it down.

arcadeworks.net/products/blw

Can you do one where the controller looks like a penis and the buttons are the testicles?

Are you going to use the original hardware or make new hardware? Some ideas: HDMI output along with analog (svid and cvbs) a/v. Emulate the lock-out chip, but don't freak the fuck out if the cart doesn't answer (flashing power and screen, hate that shit.)

No more 9v brick. Run it off a good 9v or 12v DC switching power supply. The innards mostly run on 5v, anyway, so really you could force it to use a good 5v external psu.

Realistically, most wants have been sated by the NES Classic. But I'd like to see what your ideas are.

>Shape the controllers ergonomically, like a post-2000 console controller
>Make it top-loaded, not only so the cartridge pins don't bend over time, but for what said.
>Make the AC adapter not have the wide part on the plug, have it in the middle of the wire like a laptop charger
If we're allowing for tech designed later:
>4 controller ports for 4-man Super Mario
>Make the SNES a peripheral that can work on its own console, like a non-retarded SEGA 32X. Pic related
>Steal lock-on technology from SEGA,
a Mario game (or better yet, a Zelda game) could have made just as much use of that extra data as Sonic 3 & Knuckles did.

Attached: Sega-Genesis-Model-2-Monster-Bare_grande.jpg (600x392, 32.81K)

The controllers are too square. Swap for SNES controllers

No, top loading is shit. First, you can't stack your systems. Second, who gives a fuck if stupid people don't respect their consoles.

the controllers edges arent ergonomic neither is the button placement. place them on an angle
theres an oversight that causes the teeth not to connect properly and you have to wiggle it around and turn it off and on until you get it right. no idea how to fix that.
current tech could have the entire nes library on a modest size SD card.

>you can't stack your systems.
most cart based consoles have been topload outside of the NES, even the Famicom was top-load. how the fuck are you going to stack systems when they're all top loading? and so many don't even have 2 good flat sides either, they're mostly curved in some way

Give it a controller with two curved dildos for handles.

You're right, and it's annoying as fuck and top-loaders are still shit. I can have my Atari 7800 on top of my NES. I can stack a CD32 on top of my PS2. The ColecoVision can stack if you do something with the controllers.

Best I'll do. This controller still has a better button layout than I'm thinking like a businessman that's actually gonna sell the product OP "creates," and the fact is that the general public is retarded.

Attached: 1658806636259311.jpg (800x600, 61.62K)

>current tech could have the entire nes library on a modest size SD card.

True, but that's lame. I'm sure people using the console itself would want to use the carts.

Right. I'm thinking like the guy who would buy it. But Steve Jobs sold shit to customers because they would replace them.

Serious question, though: at this point, how many retards are going to have NES carts? I guess I could answer that with "the same number of people buying the new vinyls." I just figure most of his target audience would likely know how to properly handle the equipment. The rest would get the NES Classic.