Trackballs

Thinking of getting one to see if this intermittent pain in my middle finger. My first option was the MX Ergo but apparently thumb trackballs can also cause thumb pain in the long run, meaning finger balls might be an option. What are your experiences with trackballs overall? Trackball thread I guess.

Attached: trackball_mouses.jpg (1000x563, 327.6K)

ive only bought the elecom deft pro but its pretty nice. a bit too large for my hand because of the position of the buttons unfortunately. i can play some rts on it though

The centered blue ball logitech I enjoy, but that blue balled in the back looks fun. What is that one called?

ywnbaw

what’s the top left red one?

Logitech still uses switches that fail quickly in it's mice and thumb trackballs. Will not buy again.
In the beginning of using a thumb trackball my thumb got a little sore but now it's fine and my wrist pain went away.
Bought some noname thumbball for 1/4 of what the ergo cost and it works just as well.

I used a Slimblade for years until the left button started acting up, then switched to an Elecom Yuge

might get one of those high-end Xkeys balls someday but the buttons and wheel look pretty terrible. Every trackball seems like a different flavor of trash desu there's always a compromise somewhere

Try out the Kensington Orbit. It's cheap enough to use just to find out if you like it or not.

The balls in the kensingtons fall out easily, but they are comfy to use.
The slimblade could use about 2 more buttons as well.

Attached: gvuSrv8tajDHxSrAsm3jcW-1200-80.jpg (1000x563, 51.29K)

>The balls in the kensingtons fall out easily
They're supposed to.

I know they sort of have to free float on the contacts to roll effectively, and for cleaning purposes, but it still sucks when the ball flies out and thuds across the floor at 2am.

I can't even do that if I try. Maybe increase the acceleration so you don't have to spin it as much.

It's more to do with me using it with my laptop in bed user. while transferring or changing positions it can fall out.

I didn't mean to imply I'm browsing so hardcore that I yeet the ball.

Attached: 1655397797719.jpg (491x715, 38.95K)

Lul

How to tell whether I should get a thumb trackback or a finger one?

Get both and switch between them to not strain any particular muscles over time!

> Get both
They're expensive user...

Then buy one type first and in the future you buy the other type I guess.

i've used 3 different trackballs in my life.

logitech marble mouse - Cheap and effective, but shit DPI and meh ergonomics

kensington orbit - same as logitech marble mouse, marginally more ergonomic but more prone to failure in my experience

Elecom HUGE - most comfortable fucking mouse i have ever used in my life. Wireless sucks shit, get wired one unless you enjoy mental pain. Experienced double-clicking and had to solder a new omron switch to resolve.

trackball life is hell but it is also cozy and free of carpal tunnel and being able to use mice on uneven/non-tracking surfaces is great.

What's the most similar to those Logitech trackball mice (I assume I don't want to get those since they double click)?