Is anything safe from the subscription model ?

is anything safe from the subscription model ?

Attached: 1649819003078.png (2200x1633, 413.32K)

nerdjenk
legacy code
shit you write yourself

Is anything safe from pirates? I think not.

Attached: bfd.jpg (1251x1162, 206.47K)

no, and why should it be?
to compete in the marketplace (ie, make money to continue improving product), requires predictable monthly income paying an army of people to make incremental improvements
it's not fucking 1992 where you could make major releases every 2-3 years or whatever
look, I don't like it either, but if they don't do this, they die completely
go read 'meditations on moloch' if you want to understand the fundamental blackpill at the center of human existence, it explains shit like this perfectly

What’s stopping these tards from just not updating? I still have Illustrator CS5 on my VM because I’ve yet to find a better alternative I can either pirate or get legitimately for a reasonable one time payment.

all the drama with clip studio print this week is really putting me off

Free software

I've been using the same pirated copy of Photoshop since 2012, and for a while I remember people being really adamant about it being "legal" to pirate old copies of Photoshop, I'm surprised that practice has vanished. The answer is to either learn Gimp and then throw it in the trash once you realize that you can't make a 2px wide brush in it, or quit caring and pirate old versions of Photoshop that will have all the functionality you want anyway. Everyone should pirate Photoshop until they start only charging $50 for it for a permanent license to whatever the current version is instead of charging $1,000 or the subscription bullshit.

>ie, make money to continue improving product
This would make sense if any of these companies actually improve the product, which they don't. Photoshop has been the same for years, nothing they've added since CS5 has been an improvement, at worst it's been an annoyance.

>the fundamental blackpill at the center of human existence
>attempting to ontologize a problem we ourselves continue to reproduce without necessity

Not if you're using the certified cuck license, BSD

It's perfectly easy to pirate the current CC.

>we ourselves
well, the "without necessity" is where you're wrong
read it, it's not a long essay
but it makes very clear why everything always gets worse over time, particularly where any sort of competition is involved

>pirate old versions of Photoshop
why pirate old versions when the newest version is pirate-able?

There is nothing safe in this. Because at any moment you can find yourself in a situation that the inhabitants of Russia and Belarus are now experiencing. They just cut off subscription programs and threw them at the money.

>nothing they've added since CS5 has been an improvement
that seems extremely exaggerated
now maybe WE don't use a lot of the new features, but CS5 was a long fucking time ago

But that's my point: there's no real basis for competition anymore because scarcity has been overcome and the problems once wrought by a failed harvest or drought have been replaced by artificially-incurred financial crashes. The abolition of the exchange relation and with it the measure of value by labor time is the only means of escaping from competition, which need no longer be at the center of human existence. Mystical attempts to ontologize it obscure this simple truth.

Like I said, it was some cope normies had that old versions are "legal" to pirate

Write it off as a business expense. Why are furfags acting like they are poor

I said free software, not open source software.

Open source software, you can always fork it before the developers went full retard and closed sourced the app or introduced unwanted features at any time.

>now maybe WE don't use a lot of the new features
Nobody uses Photoshop's new features because they're half-baked and there's better tools for the same functionality out there. Nobody uses Photoshop's 3D garbage, which is the only thing Adobe has added since CS5, along with more goddamn fucking cloud shit. These aren't improvements, these are useless baubles to justify the subscription. The last useful new feature Adobe added to Photoshop was content-aware fill (in CS5), and it's barely improved since.

>The abolition of the exchange relation and with it the measure of value by labor time is the only means of escaping from competition
lolwut

Attached: rumdiary.jpg (1278x696, 157.73K)

I don't care as long as affinity never does this shit

Yes. And Adam Smith would agree. Why does this stuff break conservatards' brains?

Attached: file.png (576x606, 89.11K)

Because even furfags can see a company getting all too jewish with events like this.
It is permissive free, user. The FSF doesn't approve of it because of the permissive thing but it's free.

Not him, but I have never once heard this.

>But that's my point: there's no real basis for competition anymore
According to whom? Those with money are competing for power. Those without money are competing for money. There is a top of the pyramid and a bottom. Competition exists because people want to climb the pyramid, and producing things and solving problems helps you do that. Even when the problem is minor and easily just dealt with via normal life, someone will look for a way to remove it as a means of gaining power.