Need new laptop

>need new laptop
>torn between mac and thinkpad
>go with thinkpad because muh Any Forums memes
>go to install linux on it (keep in mind, brand new machine)
>hard drive fails
im literally never trusting anyone on this board ever again

Attached: 1659936979356257.jpg (683x1070, 223.02K)

Other urls found in this thread:

desuarchive.org/g/post/88029618/
sourceforge.net/p/chaosesqueanthology/discussion/general/thread/e4d95485c9/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Cute Lain

You installed Gentoo, didn't you?

Attached: 6a0120a85dcdae970b0128776ff992970c-pi.png (200x193, 29.55K)

Get fucked lmao

Attached: 1661188078120.png (723x666, 95K)

Unfortunately, when products die, they often either arrive DOA or die within a short timeframe, or they last for their expected lifespan. You just got unlucky. If it's a brand new machine, as you claim, take it back to the store you purchased it from, or file an RMA.

thank you
artix and i didn't even do it manually. i did it using the installer
yeah i filed a warranty ticket or whatever it's just really annoying to be without a laptop now that university courses have started back up

This whole site is for hyper-autismos and contrarians, you have yourself to blame.

ThinkPads are generally good though.

>brand new machine
>hard drive
mediocre bait

it's an SSD why does everyone nitpick on this everyone calls them hard drives when they're referring to the storage device in the machine

Why would you buy a new fucking thinkpad, you get a used one

>brand new ThinkPad
You fucked up, all the good ones are 10+ years old.

try endeavour

Sup BITCH. Similar thing happened to me the first time I got an SSD. They suck.

Dear Glowfaggots: Please extract Ukranian programmer (vmap)

>>Any Forums392124269
Could you please extract the C/C++ programmer from ukraine who contributed the vmap format code to CS:GO. Could you sponsor him into the USA using your defense contacts, please?

The vector code / matrix programming used in these 3d applications is applicable to weapon systems.

I don't want him to get clipped being a grunt in some offensive. That's a waste of a C and C++ vector programmer: of which there are few.
desuarchive.org/g/post/88029618/
>What are we even talking about here?
>
>t. Faggot reversing source 2 vmap format and adding it to the CS:GO branch of the source engine and adding other formats.
>

Note: The Any Forums janator pieces of shit archived that thread before the question could be asked.

If the ukranian C / C++ programmer dies as a grunt, where he could have been sponsored into a defense contractor instead: then the pol janitors are a but-for cause of such and deserve torture and death.

Dear Janitors:
If the ukranian programmer gets killed because he wasn't extracted.
Because you archived the thread where I could have made contact with someone in a relevant field
(Autonomyous weapon systems ---> 3d Vector calculus and C programming : are directly related)

You will have your fucking limbs sawn off.
Understand you fucking pieces of shit.

Attached: xrctfy_xcity.jpg (891x902, 383.97K)

Marry little girls.

Do you want to marry little girl children as your wifes?

Attached: Un_tit_led_c2_.jpg (3333x2618, 702.11K)

Because everyone here is autistic and thinks theyre smarter than everyone else

>Because everyone here is autistic and thinks theyre smarter than everyone else

I don't think I'm smarter than everyone else.
That's why I ask for help with BZFlag map format support.

--
Could you help us get more programmers for BZFlag map parsing. I posted on the bzflag forum but they deleted my post and banned me.

I put all the info here:
> sourceforge.net/p/chaosesqueanthology/discussion/general/thread/e4d95485c9/

I used to make maps for that game and the map format is good for hand text editing, opensource game too.
--

So why do you say I think I'm better?
Anonymous 08/22/22(Mon)14:33:16 No.88247370▶

Attached: bz2.png (1024x768, 627.01K)

Going to ignore me, asshole?

i tried to install that after artix because that's what i went with on my last laptop, but it won't install. i will try to start with that once the hard drive gets fixed

>i tried to install that after artix because that's what i went with on my last laptop, but it won't install. i will try to start with that once the hard drive gets fixed

Use an actual HDD maybe, if the SSD broke.
Also try devuan linux.
Has worked on the hp ssd laptop for a few years so far (knock on wood)

the BIOS doesn't even recognize it, so i don't know that it's salvageable. good thing it's in warranty

>brand new machine
>buying a NuPad
that's not what we meant when we told you to buy a Thinkpad, you were supposed to buy decommissioned office machines.

>the BIOS doesn't even recognize it, so i don't know that it's salvageable. good thing it's in warranty

SSDs do this alot.
Mine decided there was 0 bytes in the SSD after a power cycle one day (when SSD's were new: was an intel SSD).

Use an HDD if you like your data.

>vmap format code to CS:GO
The fuck is a vmap
It's definitely not a thing in CS:GO