Is there any chance of the Smartphone industry having a major shakeup...

Is there any chance of the Smartphone industry having a major shakeup, or are phones just going to be identical rectangles from here on?

Attached: blackberry_passport_2.jpg (1280x850, 353.83K)

there is, in this decade QWERTY will be back, mark my words

Soon there will be a new selfie camera notch shape invention.

electrostimulation pads will be entering market soon.

Smartphones as they currently are are pretty much a "solved" device.

>no new Blackberry Passport
Feels bad

I'd rather an improved Classic.
The Passport looks unique, but the keyboard was horrible to actually use, especially with how heavy the thing is.

I had a Passport from right after release until half way into 2020. I loved it. The keyboard is great and only someone dying with AIDS would think it was too heavy.

It's obvious he never even used one.

no.
Production costs become much higher when you need to produce a keyboard for every language.
Not to mention software keyboards can be adapted to any user's or developer's needs
(look at wolfgram app and the accessibility features)
It may not be good for typing professionally but people on their phones do not type professionally anyway.

If you really must type full documents on a phone you can just jerry-rig a keyboard to the USB port with converters. It's just a generic Android device at heart, it picks up keyboards no problem.

Man, if Microsoft just made one-screened Duo's I'd be on that.

Attached: 4000.jpg (880x528, 77.3K)

Looks like a 3DS with no buttons lmao

this will be 3ds in 2022

>keyboard for every language
dumbass

Attached: Fxtec Pro.jpg (750x500, 33.44K)

There's no point trying to turn phones into full blown laptops for the same reason that everyone tends to buy physically large laptops. A form factor that small only becomes convenient when larger form factors are impractical. Also moving parts are generally the first things to fail, so a gimmick like your picture would be shit.

foldables are the future. normies want a phone that lets them watch netflix with a bigger screen

Here's a sweet feature for a phone: hotswappable batteries

Boom now everyone has double the battery life and can use their phone nonstop forever.

I just want an android phone with good specs the size of an iPhone mini

Your only Option is unihertz

we're gonna have buttons with screens on them!!!!!!

And they're going to have capacitive functionality!!!!! The key can be swiped, pushed, tapped, and it can detect whether you are softly resting on it or putting extra pressure!!!!!

This will be for video games

Attached: optimus.jpg (640x640, 80.7K)

I firmly believe 2 screen phones like the duo or folding screen phones fold are the future. They're just better.

the biggest reason people are buying a new phone is the battery degradation. companies won't do that unless the laws force swappable batteries and official stores for parts. lg tried that and now they're dead

>the biggest reason people are buying a new phone is the battery degradation
Which means that companies are already intentionally putting shitty batteries in phones. How regulators let them get away with this shit is beyond me, though I'm sure I can (((figure it out))).

the batteries ain't shit
It's just that batteries degrade and to get the slimmest form factor you can't use a replaceable battery

nothing is actually regulated, user. that would be hubris! a politician, trying to control the free market? Experts and lobbyists should make him feel ignorant and ashamed for trying to weigh in on something he knows NOTHING about!

But I don't want the slimmest form factor. I want a replaceable battery.

If it were my choice, phones would run on AAA batteries.

I want Samsung to make a flip phone with the same design filosofy as pic related.
Obviously with biger screen ans specs

Their Fold lineup where the screen splits in half is gay as fuck

Attached: SQ_NintendoDSi_support_image380w.jpg (380x380, 12.89K)

Smartphones need to be 4:3.

Attached: 23-640x480.jpg (640x480, 54.82K)

I like the fold style because it would make a good portable drawing tablet

Anyone remember that tactile keyboard tech that was demo's nearly a decade ago? You'd have a layer between a touchscreen somehow that'd inflate with a liquid, making the keyboard section of the screen 3d.

is there technology that would make me a real woman