"GNU/Linux performs better on old pcs" is the biggest lie on the web

Fucking poorfags get a new hardware and use it with GNU/Linux. That's why you hate flatpak, systemd, wayland, gnome etc.

Attached: 1657120389406.gif (737x720, 727.78K)

Desktop Linux in an endless train wreck.

*brrRrRRRAAAPPPPPfft*
ahh good

Correct. Less energy used as well. Stop running old junk. Save the planet!

based xfeces

Attached: oruchuban-ebichu-oruchuban.gif (490x368, 819.68K)

*cums on you*

thats literally the only good thing about linux
using yt-dlp and mpv to watch youtube is so comfy when youtube web page and browser in general too slow to use because you and your pajeet shitters ruined web with html5 garbage

What is worse, the waste of energy that was just going to be wasted anyway, or the endless creation of new consooming goods?

The solution exists since 20 years ago: it's called GNUSTEP.

>yt-dlp
their "homepage" on github is a discord channel. disgusting.

You got it backwards you fucking retard, it's "poor/old hardware runs better with Linux"
I had a shitty 200 dollar laptop for some simple web browsing and doc editing while away from home. With windows 8.1it would begin to strain and stutter just trying to open Any Forums. I threw stock Ubuntu on it and it stopped having any problems doing what I wanted. I obviously still couldn't play games on it but I never planned on that.
Was actually how I got my first hands on experience with Linux.

im on an 11900k and i still hate flatpak, systemd and gnome

that's antisemitic of you to ask

Works for me.

Attached: xfce.png (1920x1080, 790.87K)

>create more e-waste. Save the planet.

I like flatpak, systemd and gnome. What I hate is Wayland, because it just adds layers of complication to solve a problem that doesn't even exist.

I have a shitty old laptop I wanted to use for something and I can confirm there's pretty much no DE (not even LXQt) that runs any smoother than fucking Windows 8.1 on this thing. I gave up on using this piece of shit for that reason.

Have you tried KDE? I have an old piece of shit laptop and KDE unironically ran the best on it. Everything else I tried was glitchy and stuttery as fuck, but KDE (after a kinda long startup process) ran perfectly fine.

I tried KDE, GNOME, Xfce, MATE, LXQt, Cinnamon and Budgie. I found KDE to be plenty sluggish.

flatpack is utter crap, the rest are based

Any distro without recent GNOME will mog Windows 10 and 11 in terms of performance and resource efficiency.