How old were you when you realized the media is basically lying to us constantly?

How old were you when you realized the media is basically lying to us constantly?

Attached: breezewood.png (856x1137, 1.7M)

When after a decade of being gay someone explained that it isn't something people are born with and it actually is something you do because you hate your parents and everyone knows this except gay people

Attached: 1540600797882.jpg (200x200, 10.15K)

BALEET DIS BALLLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETTTTTTTTT

I think 18 or 19, once I was in college. But the message is that everyone is lying to everyone constantly. I don't believe anything I hear anymore.

Hello edgy teen contrarian

All media and social media these days is propaganda for something or someone
Just stop paying attention to it and life will be better

>The media would never lie to us, you edgy contrarian!

Attached: images.jpg (234x216, 5.24K)

This picture has nothing to do with the media you turbofaggot.

had a teacher that taught american history with declassified military documents.
covered from westward expansion to ww1, and all the suspicious incidents that lead to war.
particularly the clear "yellow journalism" following the "attack" on the USS Maine that started the spanish american war.
attacks on cuba and philippines as an economic tool to avoid a recession.

pretty clear after that class that the government lies to pursue its own interests and the well being of its citizens are an afterthought.
And the media exists to trick and persuade people to fall in line for the interests of the wealthy and elite in charge of government.

years later the show Untold History of the United States rehashed. you should watch it.

New here lad?

That picture is literally from the media you flaming doofus.

Attached: burger tasty.png (500x370, 341.87K)

I wouldn't say I realized that the media "lies" but rather I realized that they (CNN, FOX News, MSNBC, etc) oversensitize stories which in turn causes needless anxiety. Nowadays I read the news from places like Reuters to stay updated on current events but that's it, I don't bother hearing someone's take or commentary.

Attached: FLLqCkbVjfABoi-kUIJ3l0tsqbrQN3pk0LuRiqbjtHA.jpg (750x639, 50.77K)

"The media is lying"
implies that someone else is telling the truth, which is bullshit. the news media is the most reliable source for information outside of our personal sphere. that's just a fact. if you believe in "alternate facts" go inject bleach and drown in horse dewormer.

Ok skippy. Go look up the definition of the word media and get back to us.

>pointing out the truth is contrarian
I guess you aren't wrong these days

Fauci lied about vaccines stopping the spread and 'muh herd immunity'. Remember that?

Pepperidge Farm remembers.

What media?

Oh THE media!! So all pictures and videos and visual forms of information are lying. The whole world is a lie nothing is real. You cracked it user. You sleuth.

>"The media is lying" implies that someone else is telling the truth
No it doesn't.
>the news media is the most reliable source for information outside of our personal sphere. That's just a fact
No it isn't

It does and it is.

>Remember that?
Nah I don't remember things that were fabricated by your political ideologues redhat.

p.s. this isn't and never was your website.

>someone explained
bro you are so easily manipulated

8th grade English teacher flat out told us "don't trust the media. form your own opinions. everybody is constantly trying to convince you of bullshit"

No it doesn’t. “The media is lying” implies that it is concealing the truth. The truth is immutable.

How old were you when you realized "the media" is a bunch of retards who day-in-day-out telling us to panic because it's in their paycheck, and that nothing they say has any bearing on reality?

This is straight up bullshit. It's propaganda. They tell you what to think, not inform you on the facts.

>Still doesnt know the definition of the word media.
>Wont bother to look it up.
Why are zoomer like this?

Learned 'the name of the game is manipulation' right around 20, maybe 19.

Reminds me of this new wave of anti-car fags that have suddenly popped up out of nowhere

I'm 36 and you're flailing because you didn't have a point and now you're trying to move the goal posts so far that they're not even on the field anymore. I'm done replying to you fag.

Ok retard, I'll spell it out for you, assuming you aren't trolling.
Something being a lie has nothing to do with what a third party is saying - a lie is based on whether or not the statement is objectively true. If your argument is that no one can know what is true until someone else says that it's true, that's just a lack of basic reasoning skills
>the news media is the most reliable source for information outside of our personal sphere. That's just a fact
Have you heard of scientific journals, by any chance? Do you think CNN and Fox, news media stations, are more credible than journals?

I have to assume you're trolling because I don't want to think people as stupid as you exist.

In my 30’s. I had no idea there was another side to the story until I started watching Fox News.

Someone is unable to parse infotainment from news.

probably around my early 20's or so, i don't know exactly, it was a gradual eye-opening

You don't just look up scientific journals of your own volition, and I have never seen an instance where a scientific journal contradicted something that was on the news.

They're the same thing these days
The news channels run 24/7 and have to find a way to keep people entertained

>The media is lying implies that someone else is telling the truth
what?

LoL you still dont understand what the word 'media' means.

And yes the news media has used that top pic 1,000s of times to give people a false sense of what Breezewood PA looks like.

>You don't just look up scientific journals of your own volition
That's not an argument against what I said - you said that the news media is the most reliable source of information outside one's personal sphere. That isn't true.

>I have never seen an instance where a scientific journal contradicted something that was on the news
Ok now I know you're just fucking around

>And yes the news media has used that top pic 1,000s of times to give people a false sense of what Breezewood PA looks like.
Show me one example that doesn't explicitly invoke the words "rest stop."

>>I have never seen an instance where a scientific journal contradicted something that was on the news
>Ok now I know you're just fucking around
I'm not and I'm also positive you won't be able to produce a single example because you're talking directly from your ass.

republican/conservative media is propaganda.
i wouldnt consider it a valid "side"
i feel the same way about msnbc/cnn being democrat propaganda.
both "sides" exist to spread pentagon talking points and distract people with this weeks bait. conservatives have a yearly cycle of outrage. they are very easily baited. cant wait for war on christmas season.

those sides might as well be alternate realities

26 I think

based teacher

It's usually stating that this is what much of America looks like, meanwhile over in magic Euroland...

it's less straight up lying and more telling only the facts they want to say, it's always formulated in ways to push people towards their conclusion, rather than laying everything out objectively and letting the readers interpret it in their own ways
the often do walk the fine line between misleading and lying though, and i really don't like that

you have a whole channel just for news?

Yes, I was gay. That someone was my psychologist.

You mean in the US?
And yes we have several
Some people watch it all fucken day

Scientists have never updated anything with new, more accurate findings once earlier findings have been broadcast on the news

I don't think you're capable of having an intelligent thought

Attached: no hamster wheel.jpg (1024x512, 83.35K)

weird, where i live (and when i last watched television... which was over a decade ago), we had 6 channels (and the 6th one was still pretty new when i stopped watching tv, it wasn't even a 24/7 channel yet), all were mixed content to varying degrees

>2 weeks to slow the spread

in conclusion; you have nothing
both talking out of your ass
easily influence kids that instead of being "brainwashed by the media" are now being
"brainwashed by alt right anti-media sentiments"
ding dong fucking dipshits

Fauci knew that the vaccines didnt stop transmission before he ever claimed that the vaccines would stop transmission.

As proven by the Pfizer data that was ordered to be released by the courts.

Nowadays people have hundreds of channels, sometimes over a thousand
Not like there's anything to watch though

Theres no such thing as "alt right". Just the same as "assault weapons." Just a nonsense made up term.

Do you really think they had all the information at the time and were simply lying to you?
They had no fucking idea what they were doing and just panicked.

Just to be clear, you believe that nothing ever broadcasted on the news has ever later been found out to be untrue? Ever?

not him but here in Europe news channel 24/7 it's a thing.

You just proved my point retard. They said something that turned out to be untrue upon further research. That is the entire argument you numb-skulled, shit for brains, autistic, cum-slurping sheep.

1 year after enlisting.
about 20