Php

why dont people like php anymore? it's the father of the modern web

Attached: download.png (200x108, 3.71K)

It's an awful language that only gained popularity because everyone had Apache with mod_php for shared hosting.

>he doesn't know about laravel
Alright boy

Laravel is shit and gay.

I bet you don't talk to women.

cause every update of PHP feels like learning a new language causing businesses to freeze a shitty version of PHP for stability. Upgrading PHP 5.6 to 7.1 was hell in 1 of my jobs, I think I spent more time debugging the funnies of PHP than delivering features

Attached: loose-comparison.png (926x522, 196.17K)

yo fat mama is gay and shit

Attached: angry_to_the_core_by_ijul_d3ac5ei-fullview.jpg (900x522, 53.16K)

>people
those aren't people, those are pajeet js shitters

7 to 8 is not so bad though

Damage was done, never again... Never again.

>I am becoming a tranny because Stacy broke my heart

I was actively using it from 5.2 to 5.6, but I was noticing that the core language developers were in disarray. For instance, they said they would never implement the short array syntax, but we ended up with a language change in a minor version (5.4), which fucked up BC for no reason. I still write PHP 5.2 syntax at work because it has to work on all servers (5.2-8.X+), and I never needed a thing from later versions. It's so much similar to JS in this regard.
Its attempt at a better type system came too late for me (I already migrated to Go, because I could never find enough info/support on Facebook's HPHP). PHP 8 looks better to me, but it still has errors like "Unexpected T_PAAMAYIM_NEKUDOTAYIM", functions that return "false" both on successful and failed calls, and functions that don't return any errors at all, but can still fail. Also, every variable takes up at least 160 bytes, it's pretty memory inefficient.

Attached: Screenshot 2022-08-21 174113.png (514x640, 496.91K)

It's still miles ahead of any PHP-based CMS or its API. Sure it's pretty lame and old compared to teh Node.js infrastructure but still.

>it's the father of the modern web
daddy issues

Way too much drama in the PHP community. I haven't got time to waste.

Such as ?

Attached: man LWP.png (1354x760, 117.32K)

it's a shitty forced meme

not even close

Attached: man LWP (2).png (1354x760, 185.71K)

For the same reason they don't use Perl anymore: it's just obsolete today. The question is how it got from being unquestionable king of web backend to abandonware. I think it's because back in the day it had pretty bad performance compared to Python and other backend languages.

Fuck Laravel.

Attached: 1646479367484.jpg (720x462, 23.66K)

Why are you starting drama for no reason in this thread?

>Python
For controllers and other classes everything in one file
AND THINK IT'S A GOOD WAY