Tell Any Forums/g/: Switching to OLED increased my happiness levels

So I have been using a laptop with a matte finished LCD screen and it's alright but it felt like the colors were washed out and some symbols on the screen were difficult to distinguish with small fonts (like . and ,).

I just switched to an AMOLED laptop and the difference is night and day. Colors POP. Reading and writing code is much les strainful on the eyes.

Seeing the internet like this has cured my cynicism and depression .I strongly encourage anyone who hasn't yet, to make the switch to [AM]OLED.

Attached: lcd-old-nokia-under-microscope-gds-aa-1080p.jpg (1920x1080, 380.22K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PenTile_matrix_family
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

shill thread

Enjoy it while it lasts!

Edit 1: typo

Edit 2: Thanks for the gold, kind stranger!

The higher contrast unironically makes a lot of images more pleasing and easier on the eyes. Not to mention colors seem more vibrant because of the contrast. It measures the same as LCD but the nigh-infinite contrast makes a huge difference in perception, the same way optical illusions work.

It's nicer to look at because your eyes aren't being cooked by blue light. Simple as.

>The blue light meme
Reminder that WOLED TV's have a lot of that

Attached: 1598312294890-png.3031220.png (1400x792, 612.72K)

get a colorimeter and create a icc profile, you dumb consoomer nigger

who makes an amoled laptop screen?
I've only seen oled

I like OLEDs but they aren't a great idea for everyday computer usage. I use mine for gaming and TV/movies

QD-OLED fixes this

The "AM" just stands for the Active Matrix addressing scheme which is every consumer display out there.
Why some people insist on using the term "AMOLED" as opposed to just OLED I have no clue.

It only improves the reds and greens somewhat which counteracts the blues

Attached: 1 JbSQSsdsi1x8x0vQQHJP2A.png (1000x556, 193.23K)

Phones are marketed with AMOLED displays.
I didn't even know they were the same thing until I started shopping for phones.

samsung

Phones use RGB OLED as opposed to WRGB but they use pentile subpixel layouts
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PenTile_matrix_family

lol

I JUST WANT CRT'S BACK

ALL LCD ARE GAY

Attached: awww yis.jpg (1000x582, 147.25K)

OLEDs are not LCDs

Enjoy your burn in

I have a laptop with a shitty TN screen with washed out colors and a huge blue tint even when using redshift on Linux. Black is dark blue. Are my eyes being cooked?

bumpin