I just noticed something weird. Whenever politicians talk about climate change...

I just noticed something weird. Whenever politicians talk about climate change, they almost always say "carbon" or "CO2" instead of "carbon dioxide". Also they almost never refer to "global warming". Why is this?

Attached: c02.jpg (4827x3620, 720.21K)

Because you can't get something from nothing. The laws of physics don't agree with these assclowns. Think about it, if you could get runaway thermal, you could build a near perpetual motion machine. It's just not possible.

we are going towards a small ice age and people are not aware of it.

look at history and within 100+ years we are have a small ice age.

and we are increasing the temp with CO2

we are double fucked, maybe it has with this to do?

>Think about it

You just demonstrated you have no idea what that word "think" means.

Triggered me!

Dear idiot, the heat comes from the sun.

Thank you.

I don't know what this has to do with the terms politicians use when speaking.

Because carbon dioxide is 4 syllables so is longer and harder to say. Solved it for you.
Wanker

It’s 5 syllables. Are europeans this retarded?

There's zero evidence that global warming exists. Every year it's always "the hottest summer on record" meanwhile all summer it regularly dips below 40F where I live. Fuck off. People are no longer buying your fear mongering bullshit. Go rape a child or whatever it is you propagandists do in your free time.

>Why is this?
"carbon dioxide" is a mouthful - it's easier to just say "carbon" or "CO2" as a verbal shorthand

"global warming" is not descriptive enough to talk about the problem, which is that our actions are changing the climate and we're not prepared for the repercussions

Because when they used the term "global warming" people started bringing snowballs into courtrooms to try and prove it wasn't real because they couldn't be fucked to try and understand what it actually meant.

Likewise if they said "carbon dioxide" they'd probably get swarmed by idiots that try to checkmate the conversation by saying humans create carbon dioxide by breathing so what are we supposed to do, stop breathing???? ahurrdurr

It's almost like the earth tilts on its axis and shifts over time and there's nothing we can do about it. Fucking retard.

Your one location dipping below 40F is not the same thing as "global warming has no evidence." Thank you for proving the point in

Regarding carbon/co2 they're just shorter to say. Generalize "carbon" emissions also covers things like methane/natural gas leaks and carbon monoxide which is the a product of trying to burn hydrocarbons in a low oxygen environment.
As for why "climate change" instead of global warming, it's simply because it has more effects than just simple heating, such as more often and more severe storms/hurricanes and frequency of weather irregularities.

Doesn't violate thermodynamics. The extra heat energy comes from the chemical bonds within the carbon compounds that are broken when they are burned.

I don't know. Leaving Joe Biden aside for a moment, it's not really that hard to say "carbon dioxide", is it? I find it to be pretty easy, it's not like a tongue twister or anything.

"People think the existence of snow and breathing means that global warming isn't a real, long term event"

"IT'S ALMOST LIKE THE EARTH IS AT AN ANGLE"

This is what scientists and climate change activists are dealing with, everyone

SeeThen promptly kill yourself out of fear. You'll lower my emissions if you cease to exist.

Because nobody is afraid of your made up boogie man. If you're that scared, kill yourself and stop breathing my air.

Because global warming wasn't the human extinction event they had wanted. So they switched to the more vague "climate change." The climate is always changing do they can't be wrong this time.

because carbon or co2 is easier and quicker to say than carbon dioxide.
And the phrase global warming is basically being phased out as, while it's technically accurate, some places will actually see much lower minimum temperatures from 'global warming' due to the impact it has on various winds and ocean currents and the uneducated and malicious tend to jump on shit like that to try and disprove something that is unanimously agreed to be fact by people way more educated than them.

I went to school in Germany in the 90s.

We were taught that we were at the end of an ice age and the caps were melting.

Netherlands and New York and such would be gone under water in around 200 years.

No word about human made global warming

It's absurd just how these people think. Men can be women and women can be men, and men can have babies. You must eat bugs instead of steak. You must fear the sky and nice warm summers. Oh but planting your own garden can kill you early! It's all one big joke.

No I will not worship your wind demon and I don't fear anything you say. Fuck off. Nobody believes you anymore Satan.

Yes.

Carbon-neutrality is a popular calling word since the Paris Agreement. "Global warming" is not a positive message, it sounds like something we can't control, quite much na incomprehensible idea for most people. People need goals which can be easily interpreted some numbers and PowerPoint slides.

As far as im concerned we're all gonna die within the next 500 years. Humanity is coming to a head. It'll all be over soon with nothing but echoing skyscrapers and drifting telescopes in the sky to say "we were here"