Facebook messenger finally managed to introduce end-to-end encryption, can they be trusted that it actually works tho?

Facebook messenger finally managed to introduce end-to-end encryption, can they be trusted that it actually works tho?

Sadly pretty much everyone arround me uses it so i have to ,too. Everytime i mention even something like Viber or Telegram they look at me like a paranoid schizo.

Attached: 000.jpg (3000x1942, 204.62K)

>end-to-end encryption
>facebook
yea it'll be exactly the same as whatsapp: compromised for glowies.

Attached: 1652359513505.png (995x615, 789.94K)

from your end to the governments

accurate.

Attached: 1629535679342.png (1497x852, 1.13M)

I assume it would need to be FOSS to be properly verified...? But anyways, let's give them the benefit of doubt and say that it's actually secure. But what about the metadata, I wonder? A lot of information can be collected (and profitted) from it as well: sender, receiver, time, date... Considering Meta built a lot of its capital from invasion of privacy, I wouldn't say it's in their best interest to stop completely from such practices. I say that you should just boycott them completely. Tell your friends why you care about privacy and that you will not sit idly by and accept what Meta does. They could agree with you too.

E2E but the glowies have the key

Attached: 1660828504896.gif (512x512, 677.08K)

I just assume that all one-to-one encrypted chats in Messenger and Whatsapp are actually group chats with a hidden Facebook contact.eavesdropping.

>can they be trusted
kek

>fagbook
>trusted
absolute state

end to end encryption is biggest misnomer i ever seen by these messaging apps. the only end to end encryption you can do is gnupg pub key exchange. i dont believe they have e2ee i think it's just marketing shit for false sense of security

>can they be trusted
If facebook have done anything, I automatically don't trust it. Saves a lot of time to just go straight there; even if something they do isn't glowie infested right now, it will be sold off to the highest bidder in a few days.

It is end to end but retards fail to see the problem with data at rest, which is not encrypted of course.

not now but six years ago, and they were verified by Signal. They recently announced it will be default on starting next year

it is encrypted. They only just introduced online end to end encrypted backups, for the last 6 years there just wasn't any non-local history. Android encrypts app data by default and that's actually impossible to disable.

a lot of these services take advantage of people's ignorance, paranoia etc. when it comes to security.

>and they were verified by Signal
so fucking what? if facebook end up having the keys then you may as well be using nothing at all. if they don't have the keys, they'll just modify their app to sent to targets on behalf of state actors that glow. their apps will still leak a tremendous amount of data regardless if messages are encrypted or not.

hey facebook, suck my cock

Attached: 1658470698369.gif (80x50, 8.55K)

that gif reminded me of childhood. thanks user

Yep. Those were the days

Attached: 1637315586214.png (633x640, 275.71K)

>Message Content: Limited

Obviously I have my doubts that it's truly E2E encryption but if they're being honest I think this goes to show that metadata and the data collection done by the app are much more valuable.

End to end encryption is worthless when both ends are compromised.

i see a green padlock or checkmark, i trust and consoom!

Attached: 1593473107038.png (676x587, 39.43K)