True successor of 2600k arriving next month

True successor of 2600k arriving next month.

Attached: AMD-Ryzen-7700X.jpg (1319x1536, 239.37K)

great, can't wait to not upgrade since I'm already on AM4

Not really. Amd will never makea 2500/2600k successor for the simple reason that they're committed to the same socket for years and nowadays even in a single generation the performance gap between midrange to high-end is quite substantial in the multi core department. Which means people can upgrade their processor with ease, either to a newer gen or at least to a far higher core count part of the same gen. Which means the hurdle to upgrade is far lower in comparison, so less people are "forced" to keep using an outdated processor.
Then there's also the fact that the 2500k's longevity is due to the stagnation in the cpu market that was present during the better part of the 2010s, something that for the foreseeable future is probability not going to happen again, but we don't know for sure when transistors reached their smallest useable size...

I want to upgrade from 3700x to 5800x3D but it is still overpriced.
Should get $300 when Zen 4 releases.

Guarantee you they will just barely tie a delidded and overclocked properly alder lake.

AYYMD HOUSEFIRES 8 cores garbage when Intel gives you RAPTOR LAKE 14 and 16 cores, TOP KEK

>Then there's also the fact that the 2500k's longevity is due to the stagnation in the cpu market that was present during the better part of the 2010s, something that for the foreseeable future is probability not going to happen again, but we don't know for sure when transistors reached their smallest useable size...
This is the major point, unless AMD relapses into a Faildozer malaise competition make at least one of the 2 companies always put out a substantive improvement each generation now.

>needing to delid your processor
intcels btfo

P R O T O N
R
O
T
O
N

2600k successor is 6700k

No but I'd never choose not to use direct die cooling if it's an option. Can run good cores at 5.6ghz without delid on a aio.

that's a funny way to say next year, and 7900x3d

I don't think it will ever be $300. It was a limited run beta test on an EOL platform. I'd buy one for $300, bit it's not going there. I'm guessing AMD's price cut, which they already confirmed, is going to be $400. Pricing it too low vs Zen4 is going to cut into sales, AMD needs people moving onto X670/B650, and the leaked performance isn't so awesome that it will make the 5800X3D decisively unattractive for a new build.

OTOH, there are whispers that AMD might do a Zen4 APU for AM4. Whether that's a better buy than Zen3XD or not, who knows.

Pluton?

>4C/8T
Skylake aged worst.
Loses to cheap 1600x in every test possible.

kaby lake "the CPU for a decade" aged worse, at least you could make solid argument to buy skylake, kaby was dead in the water if shills didn't praise it to high haven

Legendary Core gens:
Sandy Bridge. Obviously.
Broadwell for the L4. Literally beats Alder Lake in some game tests lmao.
Coffee Lake for the extra cores in the midrange. The 8700K gives you 95% of the 4K performance of a 12900K.
Comet Lake for the 10 core i9. The only and last time you'll get 10 real cores on a consumer Intel product.

Conteoversial Opinion:
Rocket Lake. Yes really. The cheapest AVX512 chip you can buy, saves a ton of money for scientific or fintech computing. Probably going to be a legandary Broadwell-like chip for game emulation.

>95% of the 4K performance

What an utterly disingenuous way to talk about performance.

>Broadwell for the L4. Literally beats Alder Lake in some game tests lmao.
Not true for a single relevant game.
You need to see frame timings to get real picture of performance for games.
Rapter lake is probably going to age better because they are pumping up cores in every segment and it already has high alder lake IPC.

You play games at 720p or something?

>tfw i7-8750H still slaps
t. coffee lake enjoyer

Attached: 1657855620778.jpg (192x192, 7.1K)