Never obsolet

>3.2Ghz (can overclock up to 3,6Ghz)
>Hyperthreading support
>only 80 Watt TDP (low for desktop)

still rock solid if your use linux or windows xp

Attached: 1200px-Pentium4-logo.svg.png (1200x1490, 168.74K)

You misread, the 80W is idle power.

max tdp is 82 Watts on this one, there were some that had 115 Watt TDP

I had the socket 478, 1.6ghz chip

pussy
go upgrade to 3,2

I had one of these (Prescott). It was hot and sweaty and only had two threads.

Is this the new contarĂ­an poorfag meme?

>Overclocks to 4.5GHz like nothing on air
>IPC of Core 2 duo Conroe while doing it
>only 125w (literally power sipper compared to modern chips)
>runs windows XP to current windows
Hold my 8350

Attached: ayymdeee.png (777x818, 51.44K)

>3.2GHz
heh, nothing personnel

Attached: athlon64 3200.jpg (300x300, 28.27K)

install gentoo

>rare THIRD WORLD poorfag cope thread

i had a 4.2 ghz pentium 4. it couldn't play 1080p anime.

Maybe so, but it's amazing how effective Core 2 stuff is at daily use computing, I upgraded from a Q6600 in fucking 2017 and it was still doing everything I wanted to do when it came to video editing and shitposting, I just wanted to run GTA V without bottlenecking my AMD GCN card.

Netburst is a meme and a punching bag of basically every vendor of the time.
"hey, wanna look fast? just compare it to netburst"
The idea on the paper was good. You have to wait for every chain of transistor to reach the final state before sending the next clock pulse, and you can use pipelining to chop the chains, that's all CPUs, the more pipelines, the less time you have to wait for the transistors to reach final state, and the higher clock you can push it to.
But you lose per clock performance because the longer the pipeline, the longer it will take the CPU to recover from a stall, and there's a shitloads of stalls on any program.
However, intel went fucking nuts with this concept, they designed netburst to run it's transistors at fucking 15Ghz.
Not 3, not 4, not 5, 15.
And well, there's no 15Ghz pentium 4 because you can't fucking run transistors at that speed, so you get a CPU with all the penalties of a CPU designed to 15Ghz, but none of the benefits.

>>Hyperthreading support
pozzed

>there's no 15Ghz pentium 4 because you can't fucking run transistors at that speed,
transistors EASILY run at that speed. its the interconnects that limit clock speed

thirdworldfag here using a E7600 currently
at least i can play sleeping dogs and hot pursuit (not sure vhy gta iv struggles to run)

still, im saving for a microatx where i can put sum i9 on it (in a future ofc)

Attached: 1660686211524071.gif (244x271, 32.79K)

Gta iv is just really badly optimized on pc, you'd probably run gta v better

i5 2500K
never obsolete

This, GTA V actually liked my Q6600, and that was the minimum required processor, but the experience was way better than my PS3 just with framerate being over 60.

well, supposedly using DXVK it fixes it, turns out it manages to run smooth af on interiors but struggles on the exterior, maybe its because im using linux instead of windows.

Attached: 1660693515446780.png (900x900, 272.96K)