Rollback bios

>rollback bios
>windows update keeps forcibly installing new (broken) bios update
The future is looking bright

Attached: 3BF7B476-FDF0-4072-8A2A-597FC110A734.png (849x105, 7.09K)

Other urls found in this thread:

rog.asus.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?314-Intel-Z690-Series-Motherboards
twitter.com/AnonBabble

install ubuntu

wtf with an ounce of self respect uses windblows anymore?

when the fuck did windows start doing bios updates
just look up how to disable driver updates

I have no idea but it literally reboots you into the bios and starts updating it without asking you at all.

windows 11?

Whats broken about it and how do you get Windows to update your bios?

I got a laptop a while ago and installed Windows 11.
When using windows updates, it updated the bios on my HP laptop and wasn't even the latest bios version. Maybe a new one just came out?
It's probably a Windows 11 thing.

tell me what's broken about the new bios or you are full of shit

My system hangs on reboots and shutdowns for about 3 minutes before doing either. Rolling back my bios fixes the issue.
Yes.

>Yes.
You deserve it

Attached: 9-11.jpg (400x400, 17.13K)

restore it to default settings or clear the cmos

rog.asus.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?314-Intel-Z690-Series-Motherboards

>it’s real

Tired that. Pretty sure it’s just an issue with the bios as I do not have that problem on older versions.

no one releases bios updates that are broken

It's a retard filter. If you can't figure out how to stop it, you shouldn't.

you have not used many asus products and it shows

more like guaranteed bricker
some retard is going to try and shut their pc off during the update and kill their mobo

holy fuck I'm glad I stopped using windows on my main pc

I'm on one right now and I installed every bios they released for it except the beta ones just to find out which one was best for memory overclocking + PBO. You are full of shit.

>my anecdotal experience trumps literal factual evidence
I don’t know what else you want from me, retard. There is literally a page of people saying to not upgrade to this bios because it’s buggy as shit.

There is a troubleshooter for windows update which allows you to disable updates for drivers, and there should be a bios setting to disable windows updation the bios.

>rog.asus.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?314-Intel-Z690-Series-Motherboards
the solution to op's problem is on this forum btw

>Windows 11 only (my guess)
>Z690 only (my guess)
>Intel only (my guess)
yeah I don't have experience with shit + I can setup my os and bios to not do that

So I’m guessing his update is required for raptor lake support. Kind of strange that it is forcibly installed without any warning, though.

skill issue

remember when firmware wasn't on a nightly release model? remember when people writing low-level software remembered that flash has limited write endurance? remember when software had even an ounce of respect for the user? pepperidge farm remembers.

ASUS firmware generally releases monthly, and it’s usually available on their support page first. This update appeared via windows update first and is installed on systems without any warning. That’s scary as shit.