Medicine and technology

Medicine and technology

I have tinnitus, meaning that I hear 24/7 a constant beeping noise on my left ear. Sometimes loud, sometimes quiet, but always there. It is a big problem because I also have sleeping disorders, and having this constant distraction causes me more anxiety by sleeping.

Searching in the internet about 4 months ago I found an app that can create many combinations of white noise to mask those noises. Now I wear earbuds during my sleep, and it has improved dramatically my sleep patterns.

How come none of my doctors (I have a few) suggested this??

I started participating in a clinical trial, that checks the effects of certain type of audio patterns on patients with tinnitus. When making my interview, I talked about how I am using this app to help me mask the noise and sleep better. I showed the guy to the guy running the trial. His reaction:

>Wooow, that is cool. Can you tell me the name of the app?

How the fuck can someone be running a clinical trial about tinnitus and not know that these things exist?

This kind of experiences are happening more and more in my life (sadly I have many conditions).

Is medicine completely ignorant about technology? I feel like doctors don't know shit anymore, and that I can find better solutions to my problems than they can. I have told them about all my conditions and they always offer solutions that my grandma could have come up with (drink green tea, do meditation, go to a shrink).

Is this just my experience, or are you also experience this kind of situations?

Attached: file.png (2291x1309, 680.04K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mynoise.net/noiseMachines.php
mynoise.net/NoiseMachines/neuromodulationTonesGenerator.php
mynoise.net/NoiseMachines/notchNoiseGenerator.php
mynoise.net/NoiseMachines/fanNoiseGenerator.php
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Doctors are fucking failures.
t. tinnitus bearer

I used a frequency generator to find the frequency of my tinnitus. It varies but you can still get the frequency because you can feel the beats and resonance of your tinnitus and the external frequency. Then I just a white noise generator matching the found frequency but off beats so that they cancel each other

I can provide an in-depth answer tomorrow, about to sleep. The short version is that doctors can not be as specialized as you because they have to deal with many conditions, and as for researchers, there are literally tens of thousands of papers on those kinds of things, it's impossible to know all the apps or studies.

I don’t think there are any obvious technological aids for me. I’ve been having heart problems. Doctors still can’t figure out why. I’m only in my 20s and never got vaxxed. Just… ;_;

same here with the tinnitus. I've been using a simple fan to blow air on me at night. the noise is enough to mask the tinnitus. I can't sleep without it. I like having the breeze anyway, even in winter. Android apps I used to use that are really good and helpful for noise enjoyers:

>Chroma Doze - precisely tunable and fun. Free on F-Droid
Protip: if you tinker with this a bit, you can replicate the sound that Gamera makes when he flys, perfectly. Can be fun if you have a pet turtle. Don't light it on fire, tho.

>Binaural Beats - very complex sound generator, uses neroscientic pricipals as a foundation for sound generation, lots of presets, and can be taylored. Also free, a must try app.

Another thing i used to do was use Android synthesizers of various type to find, or shape droning sounds that soothed me, then set a chord to play indefinitely. You can often get these synths to hold the keypresses by pressing the home button white holding your chord or key. Android would send app to the background, but the synth would think the keys were still being held down and continue to play.

As a side note, if you like messing with sound generators, and want to experience auditory insanity, look for a long-gone app called 'Scrot' and play with it. You won't find it in the play store, but it's out there in places like APKPURE and others.

Doctors are getting pretty shit, so rely on homeopathics where possible, and avoid shrinks.

Attached: chroma-doze-640px.jpg (640x356, 85.57K)

Unwasted quads.

Attached: cropped-crown.png (374x379, 156.29K)

another method i'm increasingly fond of is downloading and playing long-duration ambient music from youtube. they will have titles like 'Deep Rlaxation', 'Space Ambient' "Deep Sleep', etc. Look for the ones that a 7+hours long, and audition the music. If you like it, grab it. I connect my phone to an old set of speakers that have a subwoofer and turn the treble all the way down, and the bass all the way up, so the music high notes are supressed, then set the volume to a low level that's comfy. There are dozens of long-duration musical styles like Space, Cyberpunk, Dark Ambient, DreamScape, LoFi, soft strings with rain mixed in- the variety is virtually unlimited. Just follow YT's algorithm untill you find your grooves.

Note: there is lots of research that shows wirelss device frequencies interfere with many biological processes, including concentration and sleep, to name a few. It is not advisable to sleep with wifi devices on your bed while the radios are turned on. Apple devices are worse because they use BLE beaconing even in a powered off state. Download the music, kill ALL radios, then listen, or use a separate device for this purpose. I have an old dedicated Android device I use just for this When you download the music, choose the lowest bitrate, which will give you the smallest file size. If you're on android, you can use, or download an eqailizer app to further process your songs to suit your preferences, and you'll may have to make adjustments depending on the type of music you choose.

Drones and 'airy' fat synths are really awsome, because they really 'carry' you, soothe nerves and relieve anxiety. A subwoofer is HIGHLY recommend. Avoid music that have bright plucky instruments playing at upper registers as they can startle you from sleep if you've not reached a R.E.M. state. With a subwoofer, and properly prepaired tracks, if you wake in the middle of the night to pee, the low-frequency sould will lul you back to sleep quickly.

Attached: ComfySleeps.jpg (370x593, 65.43K)

>I have tinnitus
Good. You should have taken better care of your ears, but you didn't.
I have no idea why you idiots feel the need to keep making threads about this shit on Any Forums, as if it's our problem that you thought you were too good for quieter music, earplugs, or better ear hygiene.

Not OP but I was born with tinnitus, come on man not all of us were just blasting music

Attached: -16854308989083.png (1500x1500, 2.67M)

>implying
you're a faggot. you shudda taken better care of your ass, and now you have monkepox and now your mad. fuck off

Tinnitus has several causes, including too much caffeine. fuck that nigger you replied to. you don't have to explain yourself to that homo

>tinnitus
>constant beeping noise
Fucking lying piece of shit you don't have tinnitus any more than all these people claiming to be spergs or depressed have autism or depression.

>uh uh I was just born this way
I'm sure. Even if you were, what I said still stands for 99.99999% of retards with tinnitus and 100% of retards posting about their completely unrelated personal problems on Any Forums.
>including too much caffeine
>IT'S NOT MY FAULT, I TOOK GREAT CARE OF MY BODY I JUST INGESTED 400KG OF CAFFEINE EVERY HOUR
lol
I don't want you to explain yourself to me, I want you to hear EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE for the next 40 or so years because you're an annoying faggot who brought it upon himself.

you sound like you're just lashing out at the world to cope with tinnitus

i know what it's like bro but the sad truth is that your docs can't do shit about it, and i'd be highly inclined to believe that seeing you taking care of yourself in some way (an app to help with you cope with tinnitus) is something the doctor wanted to reinforce by expressing interest in it and giving you positive feedback, in a roundabout way. There are times where it has felt like the I know more than the doctors but despite the frustration, you can't get bent out of shape over it because you're probably incorrect or at the very least taking a broad conclusion from a specific case. I'm glad you've found a way to get sleep, tinnitus was rough and took me years to finally get back to life.

>tinnitus
>beeping
No such thing.
Best way to deal with it was have my wifes boyfriend fill my ears with cum. Wait a few days for it to solidify then wet it and pull it out and all the earwax is gone!
Oh wait the tinnitus, I got sidetracked. Yeah you don't havw it opie.

If I could get away with it I'd murder you.

Is it Arrhythmia?

might wanna try out this website mynoise.net/noiseMachines.php
free sound generators that you can tweak with multiple sliders, there are all sorts of sounds from nature, ambiance, industrial, medition etc.

there is one specifically for tinnitus
mynoise.net/NoiseMachines/neuromodulationTonesGenerator.php

and a general one for noise
mynoise.net/NoiseMachines/notchNoiseGenerator.php

and fan noise
mynoise.net/NoiseMachines/fanNoiseGenerator.php

it also has slider automation and sleep timer

Attached: 1660513982072506.jpg (960x884, 55.21K)

If covid has taught us anything it’s that doctors are normal people who don’t know shit

I have tachycardia. It remains steady rhythmically, so it’s not skipping beats or fluttering. I’ll be wearing a Holter monitor soon.

same. My resting heart rate is 100-105 BPM. Did ecg, thyroid tests nothing showed up