There's no cloud general in here so here it's:

There's no cloud general in here so here it's:
Any one AWS expert or noa guide on deploying docker containers in AWS?
I have some images I built locally (.tar) and want to deploy them in AWS, locally I just load them and run them with compose, was reading into Elastic Container Service (ECS) and .. it's overly confusing and can't see if I can even load images only building there. Or shall I just do EC2 with ubuntu and do it like locally?

Attached: Amazon_Web_Services_Logo.svg.png (800x479, 36.15K)

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.aws.amazon.com/AmazonECS/latest/developerguide/AWS_Fargate.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Attached: 1634662814019 Himesaka Noa a cute.gif (500x281, 1.85M)

concentrated thrash
this gif has been tailored to make you lose iq

any serverless chads online ? I myself am a bit of a serverless chad

am in the same boat trying to deploy using amplify for frontend and fargate for backend but ran up against a wall trying to build with CodeBuild. Otherwise serverless really seems like the way to go.

>serverless
>its still software running on servers

Attached: 1552858001208.png (287x198, 91.46K)

>Or shall I just do EC2 with ubuntu and do it like locally
ECS is just a layer over EC2, unless you use Fargate.

For Fargate, you'll upload the container image to ECR (or somewhere else), create a task definition for Fargate, and then launch the task.

In general try to launch a toy application first to see what needs to be configured before diving in yourself. The console tends to auto-generate roles, etc. as needed
docs.aws.amazon.com/AmazonECS/latest/developerguide/AWS_Fargate.html

Most of the time it doesn't depend on the server tho

i think they call it that because you're not setting up the server logic around the api endpoints, you're only setting up the logic within the endpoints, using Functions on Azure or Lambdas on AWS

AppRunner if you have it, else build locally, upload to ECR, set up the service on ECS with Fargate. If you can rework, go serverless

Just use EC2 if it's a fairly simple use case

Built intermitent CI, task automators, microservices etc with Fargate here

I'll be honest with you:
- ECS is expensive if you go full fargate, go with EC2 backed
- If you're going EC2 backed containers WITH ECS, you're still going to pay for one big cost of ECS -> you will need LOAD BALANCERS.

On my last job I did an automatic task that DESTROYED and RECREATED those load balancers because damn what an expensive shit that my boss ordered! At least there were other services in parallel, so the costs were not heavily impacted, but you will really see how this is going through your wallet.

My personal take: I actually think AWS is the best if you want scalability, otherwise I still advise for VPS's/EC2, create your own scripts and try to get costs cut off using S3 or other outside-VPS-data-storage.

this is how i usually setup serverless on azure. Ignore the arrow directions on the picture, they don't really mean anything. It's cheap too, for dev/test/light load the most expensive thing is the sql database at $7/mo and all up it's probably $9/mo

Attached: rect769.png (1000x429, 56.93K)

Attached: 1644896120683.png (640x484, 246.93K)

>fargate
OP here, I was just reading about it, is it any good or better than ECS? all my stuff in docker containers anyway I don't wanna bother with EC2 not to mention the cost.
thanks, if I will be running EC2 why bother ECS then, I will do it my self, fargate seems interesting though
>AppRunner
is this just to build on cloud (part of CI/CD stuff) or fargate for webapps? I built my containers locally, some are webapps some are not (services)
Yeah that's the last option, just looking if there are easier/straightforward ways nowadays.
>My personal take: I actually think AWS is the best if you want scalability, otherwise I still advise for VPS's/EC2, create your own scripts and try to get costs cut off using S3 or other outside-VPS-data-storage.
Now you are scaring me lol with that cost, is it substantially cheaper to just run like 4gb EC2 instance than using fargate?

Passed my exam as AWS cloud today only to realize its worth nothing and that there is no job. Apparently you need at least the architect....

Attached: Download (1).png (310x162, 5.57K)

>AWS cloud today

*Cloud practitioner
I dont even have an aws account btw
Didnt use the interface one day

don't be sad.

getting the cloud practitioner as a first certification will get you into the AWS Certified group, which gives you a 50% off voucher for another certification.

also it costs 150 usd for the solutions architect, so you can use the voucher to save 75 usd.

furthermore, the subjects you studied for cloud practitioner are also part of the contents of the solutions architect test, so it was not wasted time at all.

Really? My course teacher didn't told me little fucker
That would be great but i am not really sure if cloud is fun for me. But on the other hand its probably is the future so having 2 certifications in that cant harm.
Are these certifications ponly valid for 3 years?

Is the AWS CCP cert as easy as people say? Can you just do a few hours of studying and pass, or is it more intense

Attached: sample_908a8f01791ebbcf1184a87c1e8ddb79.jpg (850x657, 165.1K)

>Are these certifications ponly valid for 3 years?
yes, I'm afraid so.

I haven't taken the test myself but I heard people claiming have passed after taking as low as 8 hours of study for it, but I don't know the previous knowledge they had of cloud stuff.