A guy I'm friends with is giving me a computer(pic related) he says no one will miss after I mentioned I didn't have a...

A guy I'm friends with is giving me a computer(pic related) he says no one will miss after I mentioned I didn't have a pc. Any idea what I can use this for? I'm not computer illiterate, but I'm not into building them and I'm not really into games besides 90's - 00' rts's

Attached: 20220817_143035.jpg (2691x2426, 2.33M)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/mTvare6/hello-world.rs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

i suppose you can watch youtube on that thing

Piece of shit. It can probably run bejeweled or something which I guess would be good for you but that's about all it is good for.

You might use it for discussing topics im the usenet

maybe you can compile the rust hello world in 1 hour instead of 2

github.com/mTvare6/hello-world.rs

surely you can run koikatsu there, if it run in my shitty laptop it runs everywhere

>Intel
yeah, no good

Tell him to give it back

Try Crysis

looks like shit. i bet windows 95 would stutter on that dinosaur.

>Nvidia 5000
Lol poorfag thread can't even afford a cheap 7800 model

I give u $10 for this pc biiiiiiitch. gimme that shit.

That’s a 10000$ oddly built workstation. Probably got replaced by a newer one.
It should be very good at photo, video and 3D processing, and everything involving multitasking. Excellent media server, I wish I had that.

It’s certainly not as good for video games but you’ve got enough to convert it if needed. As such you can surely run games up to 2016 without problem.

If you want better you can:
- sell the graphics card and buy a more video games oriented one (first thing to try), maybe sell a bit of the RAM to pay for it. RTX3060 or better if you can afford it.
Then all the following together:
- sell the RAM (it’s high quality so should sell well) and buy 32 GB of normal 3200 MHz DDR4.
- sell the 2 processors. No one buys those ones so it should take a while but they’re theoretically expensive.
- sell the smaller SSD maybe.
- sell the main board
- buy a new mainboard that supports Intel i7 12th gen or better and a good processor (i7 12 th GEK or better).
- of money is left, buy a good monitor (2K quality at least, 4K if you want).

Not sure what every one is shilling for or where the meme lies.

random unrelated pic.

Attached: 1649239728289.jpg (5248x2952, 3.44M)

That's a pretty nice HP server in a workstation case.
Use it for memory heavy workloads, virtualization, or add some data storage and make a NAS out of it

>NVIDIA Quadro RTX 5000

user got gifted a fuckin 8 grand PC, wtf are you on

Jeets are jelly

what an amazingly refreshing bait thread, thanks for writing something original OP

wow what a beast of a sever. lucky op.

>8 grand
Yeah, 8 grand grains of sand maybe
I wouldn't even use this turd of a machine as a paper weight

see you tommorow

>dual CPU TDP 410W
At 0.15$/kWh, you're spending $500 per year on power if it were running 24/7. You could buy a much more power-efficient computer for $500.

192GB of RAM is sweet though. I'm a bit jelly.