Why aren't you green coding? Any Forumsentlemen only code green

Green coding means programming code that has minimal energy consumption. It is mainly about not wasting energy in a software development and server environment, which means a structural and behavioural focus. Within the structural focus you measure and reduce the energy related to code blocks while behavioural focus is more on the energy consumption of the users and developers.

Examples can be like turning down idle servers or building scaleable code which is consuming less processor load. You can also consider using specific programming languages such as Scala or Golang… if you can find uses cases where this makes sense…

medium.com/stepstone-tech/green-coding-earth-week-2022-stepstone-2ef1e738e85d

Attached: gc.png (694x573, 525.78K)

because i already steal code from stackoverflow so if the shit is not colored i cant read shit

Recommend a green vscode theme.

>Blah blah blah blah
>Use less energy than others
I already do that

Attached: 515381CF-2EC1-4D27-9914-EF8C104C0BF8.jpg (501x489, 40.28K)

Actual programmers don't care about these stupid things so kill yourself green boy.

this
If your code is inefficient it's shit

Not my resources.

Attached: 1337946629420.jpg (720x540, 209.83K)

gno, I want generations after me to suffer and inherent a fucked up earth.

Just more cult of climate rituals to strenghthen their brainwashing. More of this meaningless little tasks you perform, more your brain convinces itself that the cult is right. Before you know it you're a burden to society just like all religous fanatics.

>minimal energy consumption.
i want my variables are color coded
be gone thridworlder

Attached: Greta-Thunberg-How-Dare-You.gif (383x300, 1.34M)

>posting about energy efficiency on a website that loads half a MB of JavaScript
lol
lmao

>i want my variables are color coded
>be gone thridworlder
t. esl H1B applicant

How would one even go about measuring the energy usage of one piece of code vs another? Some kind of wattage meter connected between the power supply and the outlet?

A computer will run at a set clock speed, and will constantly be executing instructions at that rate, some instructions taking more clock cycles than others. Maybe use more compiler intrinsics for special purpose instructions? SIMD and the like.

Android devices have fast and low power CPU modes for reasons like this I suppose

englosh is not worth learning
chinka nnombre one

if it was battery operated i might care asin my watch calculator or laptop even still you might be talking like seconds to an hour of saving, climate cult strikes again

Ads and the bandwidth needed to load them are energy inefficient

You actually gather a clue about how your processor works, and avoid using resource heavy instructions and bruteforcing by using CPU cycles to make up for your inefficient code.

I swear, everyone should have to spend a year programming 8-bit microcontrollers before they're allowed to touch anything with a heat sink.

>code that has minimal energy consumption
this doesn't need to be a "thing", usually programmers strive for efficieny and that leads to minimal energy consumption (in most cases at least and that's good enough)

Kill all JavaScript shit for true green coding. Applications should be built with GUIs from 1995.

Is this a clever meme to get soidevs to care about writing good code?