When did you get over the mechanical keyboard meme?

When did you get over the mechanical keyboard meme?

Been using mech keyboards since 2014 and went back to a regular $10 keyboard like pic related about a year ago and it's the most satisfied I've been.

The "advantages" of mech keyboards is vastly overblown. The same ppl talking about quality and them being lifetime items spend way more on them than they ever would have in a lifetime if they stuck with regular keyboards.

Attached: 625026-Product-0-I_ca44cd36-f2a2-4e42-bfdc-93234fca2710_800x800.jpg (800x800, 45.59K)

yeah i tried mechanical once and didnt like it staying with my k120

I found one that worked for me and haven't switched.
PEBKAC (get it?)

most honestly, it's a kids thing, usually 12 14 16 years olds who think they are elite future professional gamers who throw away their parent's money on a keyboard a quarter the size of a normal one, just for the sound it makes.. it's kind of pathetic that there are adults who do that in their free time

For me it's just preference. I like my tenkeyless with Cherry MX Reds but I can do just as much with a random $10 memrane.

i eat at my keyboard so i dont want to dirty up an expensive mechanical keyboard

It takes like 15 minutes to pull off all the keycaps, submerge them in a bowl of water, dry them off, then put them back on.

Preference. I appreciate my mech and my chinkpad keyboard equally, even though that's not the traditional understanding of what a membrane keyboard is.

YA TRUE
IM LIKE 40 I JUST WANTED A KEYBOARD THAT FEELS AND TYPES MORE LIKE THE GOOD KEYBOARDS YOU USED TO BE ABLE TO GET IN THE 80'S AND 90'S. MEMBRANE KEYBOARDS SUCK ASS ITS A LATE MILLENIAL THING TO LIKE THEM XERS AND EARLY MILLENIALS ALL GREW UP ON MECHS. BY THE TIME YOUR FAMILY PROBABLY HAD A COMPUTER EVERYTHING WAS MASS PRODUCED AND CHEAP.

listen manchild, no body gives a shit about the keyboard, the only thing you need from a keyboard is for it to do what's it's supposed to do, and not be sticky or disgusting..

the only preference i have when it comes to keyboards is that it's somewhat in an angel because i type a lot so i need it to be comfortable, other than that the only keyboards i would never use is the apple "magic" keyboard, magic my ass more like magic wrist pain, you want 80s keyboards that's fine but it's nothing like nowdays "hobby"ist keyboards.

I like linear switches, I currently use gateron ink which are some of the highest end linears at the moment. Obviously, a linear switch feels completely different than rubber dome.
It is subjective, but to me typing on linears is a better feeling.

that moment when you know what are the switches in your keyboard:

faggot

I’ve never used them. I’ve always used the Apple magic keyboard and it has always satisfied me.

i bet your palm looks like a wall and your wrists feel like shit

I use a clicky full size Razer Huntsman V2. It's extremely low latency and feels nice to type on. I didn't appreciate how good it was until I tried my previous Microsoft rubber dome keyboard again, which feels very cheap and spongy in comparison, and sometimes misses or doubles inputs (I use 71Hz autorepeat).

I use a low profile mech keyboard since it reminds me of my old asus laptop keyboard from college, which i loved typing on.

Based
Come home white man, the mushy silent keys await you

Attached: 4X30H56873 G1.png (500x400, 142.37K)

they're definitely worthy of a hobby but i can see preferring mech to membrane.

Do some physical exercise, no amounts of posture will help you.

for the smart white man, while the nigger ape uses the loudest most sensitive keyboard in history that would die on you a year after you buy it, nice try fag

I didn't. Because I never trully have ever used them.