Redpill me on MEGA

Is it safe? Or is it glowies? And if so, which glowies; 5EYES or CHYNA?

Attached: 1920px-01_mega_logo.svg[1].png (1920x626, 41.75K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.io/Mega_Transparency_Report_September_2021.pdf
worldpopulationreview.com/country-rankings/five-eyes-countries
mega-awry.io/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The glowies took the original down (rip megaupload), and the owner of the website has legal issues to this day. So I guess not.

Bad practice in general to trust cloud storage providers.
Encrypt content before uploading it and you should be fine.
If you share links to the files and someone reports them for whatever reason, your account can be suspended. Avoid that if you don't want to lose the account.

Just use 1ficher.

Google Drive is much cheaper

is for pirating user
if you don't pirate just use Gdrive or Onedrive

I've been using it for years, have close to 100 accounts. Never banned and never had a problem, however, during that time where new accounts had 15 permanent GBs and 35 bonus GBs that only lasted a month, I would fill up my accounts with 50 GBs of files and let the 35 GBs expire, leaving me with accounts that were way over the maximum storage amount.
Nothign happened for over a year until one day I found those accounts completely empty.
The other accounts that I had kept below the limit are still fine.

I encrypt everything with 7z archives split in multiple parts and with obfuscated filenames.

No download resuming

>with obfuscated filenames.
Just hashes or something else like "problem-set1"?

5eyes. megaupload is located in new zealand.

Fuck mega they deleted some really important files of mine. I will never trust a cloud service again

Just the first two letters of each word, URL IDs (like from YouTube videos) with every other character removed, some times the numbers get converted to the first letter of the number as a word (0123456789 becomes zottffssen), etc.
All lowercase with [01-04], [02-04], etc. at the end so I know how many parts there are at a glance and their automated systems can't attempt to extract the files (which shouldn't matter since they're encrypted, but it's probably better to have them return an error than to just ask for a password).
It's not always consistent but it doesn't matter. I keep a txt file with a list of everything.
I could just generate random characters but this helps knowing what i'm working with when I'm uploading them, moving them, redownloading them, etc.

It's ok

Interesting. Thanks.
>they're encrypted, but it's probably better to have them return an error than to just ask for a password
You could also apply stenography to make sure something opens and doesn't ring many bells.

Yeah, but I have to strike a balance between reasonable safety and time/effort spent on each archive.
I upload a lot of stuff and if it becomes such a hassle that I'd rather just delete the file, it kinda defeats the point.

Do you think is still worth to make a few accounts in there just in case?

They are literally control by the New Zealand goverment. Plus New Zealand is a member of the (((5 eyes)))
mega.io/Mega_Transparency_Report_September_2021.pdf
worldpopulationreview.com/country-rankings/five-eyes-countries

Attached: 1660702036022.jpg (1080x351, 230.93K)

I have almost a hundred and make a new one when a need more space.
It doesn't take much time to make a free protonmail account and a mega to tie to it.
Just remember to log in every 5 months or so, because if you leave them inactive for too long thei delete them.

How is this a problem if you encrypt everything before uploading?

Got it. Thanks.

mega-awry.io/