Dude all it will take to solve human level general ai is 10k lines of code and it will be done by a single programmer...

>dude all it will take to solve human level general ai is 10k lines of code and it will be done by a single programmer in his mom's basement within the next 8 years
Has carmack been a midwit fraud this entire time?

Attached: 68737_57_john-carmack-longer-full-time-employee-oculus.jpg (620x448, 30.72K)

Lmao just watch me kid

It's not inconceivable to think that there is someone coming up out there who will be to AI what John Carmack was to 3D graphics. Why does that seem impossible to you?

>10k lines of code
Maybe. Wouldn't be surprised if it ended up being less
>done by a single programmer
Not unless he is also billionaire with access to huge computing resources. The first to create AGI will be a large company most likely

>Has carmack been a midwit fraud this entire time?
yes
as was already plain to see once the first version of Unreal Engine made its debut in 1998

>10k lines of code
yeah, I can believe this

>Not unless he is also billionaire with access to huge computing resources. The first to create AGI will be a large company most likely
If you can just scale your way to AGI, sure. This is far from clear though. Perhaps that the megacorps get so far with compute power dick-waving blinds them to the path to AGI.

I really, really doubt we will reach AGI without significant compute at the very least for experimentation. Not implying that transformers are the solution though

AIshit is the new popsci

No, that's generally how great accomplishments in computer science happen. Maybe not mom's basement, but definitely a basement.

Nah he's just been hopping between so many different types of projects all these years that he's left on the top of mount stupid in regards to his current endeavor.
Exactly, Carmack is chasing trends

Attached: mtstupid.png (949x516, 28.05K)

geohotz says the human brain has as many flops as a rtx 3000 series gpu. i am not sure how he arrived at that conclusion though, given human brains dont exactly have flops, but what do i know, i didnt even carrier unlock the first iphone

It makes total sense to me.
10k lines to write a system that knows nothing and learns like an infant does.
The 10k lines could also be a base for a self modulating system.

things were easier back then. AI is a huge complex field now. Maybe someone will do it, i don't know, but they'd need to be pretty knowledgeable about it already and have the hardware etc to beat things like GPT-3 etc

Carmack had his brains scrambled by reading an MLP fanfic about a horse AI turning every human being into digital horses.

Attached: DoomedToHell.jpg (640x679, 143.29K)

>things were easier back then
ok retard

>Has carmack been a midwit fraud this entire time?
yes.
>It's not inconceivable to think that there is someone coming up out there who will be to AI what John Carmack was to 3D graphic
like.. stealing someone elses math calculations and then claiming credit for it? this industry is full of frauds and hacks.

originality doesn't exist

low iq, nigger energy. stealing other people's math routines and claiming credit for it over decades only made john look like a fucking retard.

Is this the q_sqrt shit? When did Carmack ever take credit for that?

>Is this the q_sqrt shit? When did Carmack ever take credit for that?
for decades until people located the source of it, and then he's like:
> yeah, i have no idea where i got that from! can't remember!
midwit shit.

Anyone who pushes VR as the "future" of anything is a midwit fraud by default so yes.

10k lines of APL could create a new universe