You NEETs said linux was better

I tried Linux, quite frankly I feel lied too, Linux has been less stable, less functional and less convenient than macOS.
you fuckers said that linux was reliable yet I have never had so many crashes and freezes for nothing on a computer in my life
some of the wonderful things I have experienced on linux:
>freezes my computer if I tab out of the bash whale Its doing something like downloading or updating a package
>wont read my USB or SD storage despite my best efforts
>it failed the install process twice, I used a it just works distro
>app stores have slim pickings
>screen goes black on launch for some reason
>power consumption is higher
>nodeJS took forever to get working and i had to install a whole new app store
>spotty wifi
>account system fucked up so admin password and my user password were the same so nothing that required the user password worked. INCLUDING LOGIN
>nothing fucking works
>npm doesn't work
>yarn doesn't work
>xammp doesn't work
>headphone jack doesn't work
>expo doesn't work
>fucking system date/time settings don't fucking work
>optical drive doesn't work
>I have not have a single binary work on Linux
>JDK doesn't work
>USB mouse doesn't work
>microphone doesn't work
the only two nice thing I have to say about Linux is that the desktop environment is lighter than macOS and I can jerk off and be reasonably sure im not being watched thru my webcam, but I cant even say my system is that much more secure due to intel ME.
no fucking wonder macOS has a 90%+ market share among developers, it actually works and isn't used exclusively by fucking nerds trying to one up each other in the autism department
the one use case for Linux is oppenssl, but oh guess who has virtual box

Attached: 1650223266312.gif (400x225, 2.61M)

>listens to g with satania "itoddlers btfo" sticker
>he installs his first linux on a bare metal instead of vm
>surprised that a kernel for no gui + shitty hardware drivers thanks to closed hardware + foss 20+ year old gnu suit of independent (read - not well integrated in each other) tools making a kernel a os dont work out for the first time
You've brought this to urself.

Attached: 1660682282725.gif (512x512, 1.03M)

install fedora

nakadashi dekomori

>>listens to g with satania "itoddlers btfo" sticker

Attached: 1631222826568.png (771x804, 207.87K)

lefty meme

why so you think employed people use mac and windows
stop falling for the g trap
"install gentoo" lmao my fucking sides

iCope

>You NEETs

you aren't ever going to be on top, nisemorisaama!

Attached: 439-4390253_sanae-dekomori-smug-smug-anime-girl-laugh[1].png (347x347, 68.55K)

>try linux
>just werks
wow

Attached: 350543b33e5c90520ad72db1b949b042.png (915x973, 513.94K)

sex

>things i cant cope with didnt happen

Attached: 1657025733955.jpg (318x159, 9.2K)

macOS is literally the worst desktop OS out there for dev. Windows is eating their fucking lunch with C#, Visual Studio, 3 different first party package managers (not that brew shit), and WSL. I think the only valid development environments these days are Linux and Windows (and personally with WSL I have no reason for Linux desktop anymore)

Most people who use macOS for dev are basically saying "macOS has a terminal" (even though the actual terminal app is garbage and every dev I know on macOS immediately installs iterm2 or similar)

However, until the move to zsh, apple shipped a build of bash from 2007. Yes, that's right: macOS devs were using a 10+ year old build up until they moved to zsh. People I worked with would copy bash scripts from stackoverflow and be confused when they didn't work on macOS, only to learn of the problem. At companies that require me to use a macbook, I immediately use brew to upgrade to the latest GNU build of bash.

Also, the coreutils that macOS ships are shit. grep, sed, awk, etc. all have bare minimum features to meat the requirements. Again, GNU goes above and beyond with extended regex syntax. Another thing to install as soon as you boot up a macbook: GNU coreutils.

Also, a ton of devs these days are really just glorified web devs: they run everything in docker so the host OS is purely for workflow management. Every web application on the fucking planet is running in a linux container. The difference between macOS (especially with the m1/2 chip) and windows is that macOS requires you to run docker through a virtual machine (and, for x86_64 support, an EMULATOR) in order to get docker to work. This means that you need to manually partition resources to docker to avoid running out of memory for particularly painful builds. Windows, with WSL, means that docker runs natively in a WSL distribution of your choice and has access to all the system resources that the host OS (windows) does.

I won't argue against Linux as a dev environment since everything is being designed to run natively on linux x86_64 these days anyways (though I personally have no use for the DE itself - simply preference). However, it's plain that for technical reasons, macOS is objectively the worst dev platform available.

Apple has no developer culture, only a product cult(ure). The only tools they make any effort to provide to developers are really designed for macOS or iOS native software, and not anything related to a modern web ecosystem. Microsoft, on the other hand, has been making it a point to provide the best possible web dev tools they can (C#, first party integrations with all their platforms azure win32, etc.)

And for non-technical reasons: Apple hates its users and developers, and they always have. They refuse to allow you to publish software for their platforms unless it was built on their platforms. Even though there's no technical reason whatsoever that you can't dev iOS software on windows (with xamarin, it's even better than the first party options), you still need to own a PHYSICAL apple computer just to publish it, and you also have to pay for a publishing license.

Not to mention the fact that Apple (and google, too, for what it's worth) demands 30% of your digital sale revenue on their appstore, which has made their platforms utterly untenable for developers whose primary source of money is such sales. Try using the kindle app to buy an e-book these days: you can't. Amazon removed the feature because Apple and Google are extorting them for 30% of their revenue. Try signing up for Netflix through the app: you can't. Apple is a blood sucking middleman who hates their users and their developers, and it wouldn't surprise me if the vast majority of devs who preach the benefits of macOS would let the ghost of steve jobs fuck their wives while they watch and masturebate, crying in the corner of the room and calling it innovating

why do you want to creampie my wife?

>want to

Attached: 1657196562701.gif (720x404, 1.49M)

> I used a it just works distro
Don't use Ubuntu it is a meme.
Except for a bad wifi configuration program on my laptop, which is all about downloading the wrong one, I have exactly zero of these problems.
>app stores
Learn how to terminal, retard. It's not that hard.

Arch (Artix) is the way to go, not some cringe debian wannabe.
The only reason those idiots have users is because mac immigrants don't understand that appearance != functionality.

The funny thing is, as soon as you tell me (and quite proudly, I might add) that you primarily run Linux, I already know a ton about you. I know that you have no artistic ability -- that you're not into full-stack or front-end dev (no photoshop), you're not a photographer (no lightroom), and you're not into video editing (no final cut pro). I know you're not a software entrepreneur, as you would have needed full-stack development for that. I know you're not into remote collaboration with iCloud (and Dropbox support is being ended soon). I know you're not a developer (no XCode), or mobile developer at all (which generally requires Photoshop). I know you haven't honed your UX/product sense. Even if you dual-boot, I know you're in pain and will probably lose a bunch of data one day and have no idea what happened. You see that? In your search for "freedom," you have boxed yourself in like a caged rat.

if you carry apple products it's more likely you don't have to compromise on groceries you want to buy or clothes you want to wear and your apartment isn't 'fixed up' using scraps found somewhere near landfill and filled with second hand hoarded junk and packaging materials. and it's also more likely that you have time and resources to pursue higher education and attain property and 'go out' instead of 'cleverly' saving pennies. it signals baseline wealth and, to extent, intellect.

>macOS

Attached: ohno.png (224x227, 5.73K)