Does a good programmer need to be able to understand how computers work on a fundamental electrical level?

Does a good programmer need to be able to understand how computers work on a fundamental electrical level?

Attached: Screen Shot 2022-08-16 at 4.22.22 PM.png (1294x950, 1.65M)

most don't

most should

Only those that write things like firmware.

electricity go in electricity go out
t. 300k/yr software engineer

if you can't design a single-supply, negative-feedback-compensated two stage common emitter->common collector BJT amplifier with bias stability and maximum AC swing, you shouldn't even be allowed near a keyboard desu

Imagine just like rewiring a few of those cables randomly

electrons go in neofetch comes out.
.t NEET.

do you also care if a physicist can develop an OS from scratch? they certainly know all about electricity. stop asking dumb questions.

>Does a good programmer need to be able to understand how computers work on a fundamental electrical level?
yes, dumbcunt.
dumbcunt

Not in the slightest. It could be running on magical runes and that would have zero effect on you, as long as the observed behavior is the same.

Absolutely yes. But not because it will be useful, actionable knowledge.
It is quite simple to learn and any programmer worth shit will be curious enough to learn it. I (along with everyone else on my class) built a simulated microcoded 8-bit CPU as a third semester project.

It may not be immediately useful, but it expands your knowledge and makes you a better programmer.
Things like that are what separate a midwit programmer from a great programmer.

No, but there’s more to life than being a good programmer. Are you interested in how it all really works, physically? Then learn about electrical engineering

How fundamental are you talking about? Quantum electrodynamics? Maxwell's equations? Circuit theorems?

>It could be running on magical runes
i have news for you user...

Attached: Untitled.png (796x732, 700.59K)

Always been an eefag first and programmer second, also that's a complete mess

Attached: 1660688558174693.jpg (225x225, 8.36K)

dumb faggot detected

Attached: 1592160970703.gif (320x240, 362.64K)

if you can't explain exactly what is happening in every part of this picture you shouldn't be allowed to even TOUCH anything more complex than a mop and a bucket

Attached: f36e7bd51f457f0b2f450cf6846a69a8.jpg (3002x2165, 1.45M)

protip: no one in that class works at a FAANG thus they are useless

>no one in that class works at a FAANG
Topkek. At least 30% work there, most are starting into either management or senior technical positions (including myself).

This but also you have to be able to solve it all by hand without the use of a calculator or any other tools.